• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I just bought a... (non clothing item)

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are so rare!! ha ha

laugh3-smiley.gif

iamacyborg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was kidding...there's literally millions of them.

The two most overrated/overhyped products in audio history are both turntables...the LP12 & SL1200

Hah, sorry, sarcasm's a ***** to spot on the 'net!

I dunno, for the price, a used SL1200 is hard to beat.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Panasonic 14mm F2.5

Had originally been thinking long and hard about the 20mm. Was a little annoyed by the slow focus speeds though and was also thinking about the canon 25mm (non-pancake, but an excellent lens and still relatively small).
I was concerned that the lens wouldn't be quite wide enough to make a travel lens (paired with the olympus 45mm...trying to do a trip without zooms), but I didn't really like the landscape until you get down to the olympus 12mm which is super expensive and a bit too wide.

After talking to my dad though (pro photographer), I realized I was leaning a bit too hard on the fast lenses. At that width, I don't need to be down at f1.7 or 1.8 since wide angles are more stable to hand hold and bokeh is less of a concern. The 14 is still pretty dang fast at f2.5, it is a good walkaround width, and it is fricking tiny (even compared to the small 20mm).

Nice.

I love my Panasonic 20mm pancake. Fantastic travel lens. Haven't really had any issues with focus, but I hardly stress it.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I also just thought the 20 was a little tight after examining my preferences for zoom on my 14-42 kit lens. That combined with the adequate but a little slow AF speeds was making me wary. 14mm is equivalent to 28 (vs 40 for the 20mm) so while it is equidistant from a classic 35mm walkaround lens, it captures on the wider side and can always be cropped.

With the 14, I can still buy the oly 25 in the future without silly overlap. And the 25 is supposed to be almost as good as the 45 (which is one of the best lenses you can get for m43...a must for shots of people...)

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of that 45mm and thinking of your avatar (and hey @EMartNJ), that lens recently got me some pretty good shots in tough conditions...bouncing around in a boat, rapidly darkening sky, etc.

(click for flickr album)

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
God damn, this lens is small.

Just came in the mail. The 20mm is small, and I have seen pictures of this lens next to it...but this thing is itty bitty.

freshcutgrass

Reaction score
This Gae Aulenti for Knoll Jumbo table. Never seen it in mixed marble before. Have to go back with reinforcements to get it home...this is some serious weight.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got this air filter

Winix WAC5500 True HEPA

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WT39QW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's true HEPA and it has good stats for cycling through air pretty quickly. It also has a sensor that will detect if there are particles in the air, then turn itself up automatically. This might seem like a cheesy idea but I really like it. I got the machine because we are packing boxes to move to a new apt and kicking up a lot of dust in the process. This has made things better. The HEPA filter is washable and lasts 3 years. It also has a carbon filter that you replace every 3 months, but I've washed those in the past too.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ordered a macro lens.
Vivitar 55mm f2.8 in the OM mount (plus an OM to m4/3 adapter). Unlike most of the other 50 or 55 legacy macros, it goes to 1:1 and seems to be a popular choice. Especially on a small sensor since everything points to center sharpness being really strong.

Should be an awesome substitute for the olympus 60mm for 1/10th the price. No autofocus, but that's not such a big deal on a macro.

Going to be giant on my m4/3 body...especially when fully extended (and I believe the OM mount adapter plate is one of the thickest).
After losing a few eBay auctions that went too high for my liking, I found one listed on KEH.com for cheap. BGN quality, but everybody seems to say that their grading standards are very strict (and BGN is just below "Excellent"). Not sure if I caught the deal because it was just listed and the info/details weren't filled out, or if the OM mount is just less popular.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pheng Chia