1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I just bought a... (non clothing item)

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tokyo Slim, May 12, 2006.

1. jet

jet Senior member

2. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

I recently bought a solid maple burl 10-watch box made by Luhw.

My latest watch acquisition is an NOS '60s vintage Omega Seamaster Deville.

3. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

3 dehumidifiers. Humidity in HK = mold on belts and ties and numerous pieces of clothing. god.

4. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

I just bought an LG Chocolate phone. Anyone have any experience with this?

[​IMG]

5. fortune

fortune Senior member

I just bought an LG Chocolate phone. Anyone have any experience with this?

[​IMG]

A bunch of my friends have 'em. They all pretty much like 'em. When I messed with them I didn't really like it but that's just me. I also don't like Verizon's interfaces.

6. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Far from exciting, but we just got new carpeting in our condo. One step closer to being able to live. The new range and microwave are being delivered today too. And we're finally getting cable today. Awesome.

bob

7. lakewolf

lakewolf Senior member

A beautiful BMW 320 Ci Cabrio

[​IMG]

I think I'm in love [​IMG]

8. migo

migo Senior member

lakewolf thats a beaut...but why didn't you wait for the new one? [​IMG] Edit: OT...I just bought 2 donuts and a cup of coffee

9. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Far from exciting, but we just got new carpeting in our condo. One step closer to being able to live. The new range and microwave are being delivered today too. And we're finally getting cable today. Awesome.

bob

My gawd, I'm quoting myself...but I had to follow up. Sears didn't come on time so they were refused entry by the mgmt company and the cable guys discovered that our place has never been wired for cable. For f--k's sake, this day has been such a waste. It's one thing after another.

How is this on-topic? I bought nothing today.

bob

10. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

I just purchased Max/MSP. It is scaring the hell out of me.

11. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

My most recent purchase:

[​IMG]

12. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

a Playstation Portable to mess around with on my way to work...it will go perfectly with my pocket square....

I shall make a PSP pocket next time I commission a suit :p

13. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

My most recent purchase:

[​IMG]

Nice. I'm always worried about Jades discolouring (and my Dorics crazing).

Oh, on Monday I bought a MacBook Pro 15" version.

14. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Fortunately for my pen, the Jade has already discolored so no worries about that sort of thing.

Wahl Dorics seem a bit pricey for a "user" pen, especially with their more delicate build.

15. LSeca

LSeca Senior member

Picked up this little guy a few days ago. Awesome dog, we could not be happier.

Boston Terrier aka "the American gentleman." He is a spit-fire though, nothing gentlemanly about him so far. We named him Baxter.

[​IMG]

16. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Now, I did not just buy this but I had been waiting until I got in the strap that I had ordered from Jurgen (highly recommended btw)... Poljot Aerowave 4 Alarm (aka Poljot Flugkapitan) - bad lighting, used my Nokia at work. The mechanical alarm function is very entertaining, btw [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. tiger02

tiger02 Senior member

Now, I did not just buy this but I had been waiting until I got in the strap that I had ordered from Jurgen (highly recommended btw)... Poljot Aerowave 4 Alarm (aka Poljot Flugkapitan) - bad lighting, used my Nokia at work. The mechanical alarm function is very entertaining, btw [​IMG]
    Whoah, can you lift your arm with that anvil on it? I have small wrists and have just barely gotten used to the 38mm Strela staring back at me. Nice choice on the strap though [​IMG] LSeca, nice lookin dog.

18. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Whoah, can you lift your arm with that anvil on it? I have small wrists and have just barely gotten used to the 38mm Strela staring back at me. Nice choice on the strap though [​IMG] LSeca, nice lookin dog.
    LOL It is actually quite lightweight for its size. it is only 42mm across (wears larger due to the large dial). And I have girlie-man wrists anyway, 38mm is my usual size. Edit: Just because I am very happy with Jurgen's (s-parts.de) products and service, I have to ramble a little more on the strap. Old fashioned pilot style, thicker than average, double screws (but they are ornamental to keep the thickness down). The upper is made of an old Czech (or Czechoslovak?) military belt (one of the old leathers he had available). Lining is plain tan bovine leather. I had it made somewhat shorter as almost all straps I get end up really long on my spindly wrists. It took maybe a month or so but as it was custom made I should not complain, and his prices are actually very good. Costs less, for example, than mass machine made straps you find for many big wig manufacturers' pilots watches, and the workmanship and attention to detail are evident. The leather feels so hardy that the strap may outlive any watch it serves. I know it is not an interesting as bespoke shoes but hey, I get bespoke within my budget - maybe some day I will be able to afford some bespoke Vass boots to go with it [​IMG]

19. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

Well let's see what I bought today.

A soda at the school vending machine.
    Some fresh cut flowers and a box of chocolates.
    A toll for the Chesapeake Bay Bridge.
    Some Skittles.

Yea, that's it. Slow day today. But the flowers were $5 each, 20 bucks for 4 flowers. What in the hell?

JB

20. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Picked up this little guy a few days ago. Awesome dog, we could not be happier.

Boston Terrier aka "the American gentleman." He is a spit-fire though, nothing gentlemanly about him so far. We named him Baxter.

[​IMG]

Cute dog. Wife and I were hanging out last weekend with a boston terrier named Max and the little guy was like a firecracker on steroids! Jumping all over the place. Loved that little gentleman