1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I just bought a... (non clothing item)

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tokyo Slim, May 12, 2006.

1. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

The OM-1 was my first camera but then I upgraded to an OM-2N. Great camera. Later bought a F100. Still have that and the OM-2N.

Today I bought a Nikon D750 to use with my AFS ED lenses. Build quality is excellent. I briefly had a 7100 but wanted to use all my lenses so I went with full frame.

Best Buy offered great customer service. I was 1.5 to 2 weeks beyond the 15 day return date but the store manager let me trade it in for full value on the D750.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  2. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I just bought a used Sony A7.... I'm going to sell it though. It's a nice camera... I love its balance. I didn't like how big FF DSLRs felt. But I can only afford manual lenses for it at the moment, and they are a pain to use. So many missed shots. So I'm going to sell it and go back to Nikon DX. I like the D5500... going to get that, the Sigma 17-55 2.8 OS, the 30 1.4 Art and probably the Nikkor 55-300 or 70-300. I'm bummed because I just took the A7 and some MF lenses to NYC, and while I got some good shots I missed a lot too. And I just don't feel like the Sony FE native lenses are a good value. I had a D40 back in the day and while it was absolutely awful in low light, with the little 35 1.8 it cranked out some pretty images I still look at fondly.

3. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Those new 1.8 primes are awesome. Tamron just came out with some new primes too. And of course Sigma has the ART ones. Lot of good glass.

4. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

[​IMG]
    Finally purchased a bike trainer after many months of putting it off.

[​IMG]
    Finally purchased a cellphone case

5. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

2 people like this.
  6. KarolWiktor

KarolWiktor New Member

[​IMG]
    I bought graphic IPS display in order to see true colors of my graphics and photos. Thanks to that I can see how my work will look like printed. :)
    Its quite cheap but provides great quality typical for much more expensive professional displays.
    NEC MultiSync EA244WMi

7. Zoop

Zoop Member

A Roland D550... Dreamy pad sounds, apparently it was used in the score for the Lynch series Twin Peaks - might have to break out a flannel shirt when I play it :p

8. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

...a new phone. The old HTC M8 died on me and I was borrowing an iPhone 5s for able a month but that had to go back yesterday. I wasn't willing to wait for the M10 to come out so I "settled" on a Galaxy S7 (no edge) So far so good

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  9. otc

otc Senior member

I've been thinking about one of those although I am tempted to see what Nexus devices come out this year.

Still a little bigger than I would like, but my buddy just got one and it seems like a really nice phone. Battery life and water resistance are big plusses to me.

10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I can't stand the Samsung software though. If I had to go Android, nexus or nothin.

11. otc

otc Senior member

Sounds like they have really cut back on the touchwiz crap and that you can disable most of what is left.

12. Rumpelstiltskin

It's my first Samsung. Feels a lot more solid (read: expensive) than the old old all plastic galaxy. Slightly smaller than the HTC but thankfully not nearly as slippery....that didn't stop me from dropping it on the pavement last saturday morning though. It landed on its side so all was well. Camera seems pretty good but I've only snapped about 10 pics so far. Screen is very sensitive to the touch. Threw a couple basic apps: mediamonkey to play my music, nike running for when I'm ..well..running or riding, parking apps, etc. A fingerprint scanner is about the only thing I envied Apple users for having and now I have one too! (nanny nanny boo boo)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  13. otc

otc Senior member

Bought a JP1-compatible remote to control my TV, receiver, and HTPC with one control. Also picked up a USB FLIRC receiver dongle because I wasn't happy with my old one (came free with some other shitty remote).

This thing is awesome. Great simple remote. I have a much more expensive logitech Harmony that I hate--they try to be too user-friendly, and it backfires when the devices get out of sync.

This one is programmable using "JP1" (the same system your generic Comcast Cable or whatever remote is based on). The software is a little janky compared to the Harmony stuff, but I think I actually could have done all of the programming I needed with just the remote buttons.

Now I've got it mostly set up (might swap a couple of buttons that I never use for other features), and it is great. Nice feeling buttons, a backlight that automatically turns on when I pick up the remote, and it only cost $17.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  14. Rumpelstiltskin

15. otc

otc Senior member

Nice rack

For real though

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  16. Rumpelstiltskin

I have an old crappy Rhode Gear rack that scratches frames plus you have to lash down each bike. It is a pain in the ass. My buddy has a 3 that he bought at retail price and that I've always liked

Then I saw a 2 on craigslist for ultra cheap but it was up in Southern Jersey. I was going to have my little brother pick it up since he is just a bridge away (Philly) but he was leaving to go to a conference. Would you believe the lady rejected all other offers and held on to it until he came back because I was first to contact her? I was shocked.

He brought it down on Sunday and it is in perfect condition. No UV damage, no rub marks or wear & tear on arms or legs, no wear and tear on the bike straps and the nylon rack straps have no snags. It literally looks fresh form the box. All for $50

17. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Senior member

New furniture from Minotti
    Sofa, armchair, two coffee tables, nested end tables, bed, night stands, dining table and chairs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.