• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I just bought a... (non clothing item)

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
NICE! Oils FTW.
Thanks! It has a dedication on the back from a writer I like, saying something like: "Dear Mrs XX, a small morning token of remembrance, for the sake of the good weather and the memory of your face, your affectionate...". Basically, "thank you for a very nice night". Also bought this; small Matisse print, which shall probably be a christening present:
70223-9.jpg

tricota

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
For the wife . . . and seriously killing my clothing budget for a while. LOL

IMG00036.jpg

IMG00044.jpg

Would this be considered a chick car? 'Cos I think it looks pretty sweet....

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tricota
Would this be considered a chick car? 'Cos I think it looks pretty sweet....

Not at all, it's badass. Sexy, aggressive, and fast has hell. I was pretty excited about her choice with this one.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
p1150163y.jpg

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And an art deco chandelier (well, just the glass globes, the frame was found in my grandmother's house):
DSC07686.jpg
DSC07693.jpg

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
Thanks! It has a dedication on the back from a writer I like, saying something like: "Dear Mrs XX, a small morning token of remembrance, for the sake of the good weather and the memory of your face, your affectionate...". Basically, "thank you for a very nice night".

Also bought this; small Matisse print, which shall probably be a christening present:

70223-9.jpg

I really like this.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakfasteatre
:S

I always assumed black and decker stuff was garbage

It is, at least for any significant use beyond drilling a 1/4" hole in a 2x4. For anything serious, you may as well be using a Fisher Price drill.

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakfasteatre
:S I always assumed black and decker stuff was garbage
Yep, it is, but cheap, and I won't be using it that much.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by freshcutgrass
Finally nabbed one of these B&O 2400 receivers for my mom at the market on Sunday. I remember how she coveted one back when they first came out (late70's), but they were pretty expensive then. This one is in perfect working order and near perfect cosmetic condition. It's crazy how such a wonderous piece of minimalist Danish design can be had so cheaply today. Even the remote is a stylish, well made piece of minimalist sculpture...I don't think it's ever been outdone in terms of pure style (if not functionality). I actually considered for a moment getting rid of my SET 300B setup and just having this. (and then I came to my senses ha ha).
Hah, I own this exact piece of equipment, except that we've had it since the 80s.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
Thanks! It has a dedication on the back from a writer I like, saying something like: "Dear Mrs XX, a small morning token of remembrance, for the sake of the good weather and the memory of your face, your affectionate...". Basically, "thank you for a very nice night". Also bought this; small Matisse print, which shall probably be a christening present:
I love the dedication. Awesome. Not so crazy about the Matisse, but hey. Christening though? Are you expecting?
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
36 rolls of Kodachrome 64 -- my favorite film ever!
bounce2.gif

"....gives the nights bright color, gives us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day, oh yeah. I got a Nikon camera, I love to take a photograph..." Have shot a lot of it, too. Switched to Provia 100F though.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
36 rolls of Kodachrome 64 -- my favorite film ever!
bounce2.gif

Which must remind everyone of Paul Simon's legendary song Kodachrome. Now I'm happy.

b

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only thing I don't like about the song is that I happened to learn a lot of good stuff in high school.

~H

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads