I just bought a... (non clothing item)

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tokyo Slim, May 12, 2006.

1. kronik

kronik Senior member

[​IMG]

Le Bambole '07 and Bambouf in denim.

After dining room chairs, I'm out of the furniture buying game for a LONG time.

2. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

Kron, I know some of your pieces, but you need post pix of the whole groupings, or at least give us a run down of your living room, dining room, study, bedrooms, foyay....

3. kronik

kronik Senior member

I can't until I paint. [​IMG]

4. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Kron, I know some of your pieces, but you need post pix of the whole groupings, or at least give us a run down of your living room, dining room, study, bedrooms, foyay....

+1!!!

5. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

SFHQ begins a bold move into the 22nd Century: [​IMG] (We're not done yet... pardon the mess)

6. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

^ is that a bunch of PS3s?

7. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

^ is that a bunch of PS3s?

This is why, occasionally, the site seems slow. J is playing a game on the new server.

[​IMG]

8. turboman808

turboman808 Senior member

I just purchases a LCD TV and am getting it custom framed right now. Real excited to see how it comes out.

I take great measures to keep it so electronics are out of the way in my home. I think it's kinda tacky to have a house full of electronics and computers. Just my opinion. [​IMG]

9. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I just purchases a LCD TV and am getting it custom framed right now. Real excited to see how it comes out. I take great measures to keep it so electronics are out of the way in my home. I think it's kinda tacky to have a house full of electronics and computers. Just my opinion. [​IMG]
    I agree - I'm looking into ways to mount this TV so I can swing it out of the way (flip it down or off to the side or something) because it's really in the way of the view out the windows. It's a little obnoxious, but movies on it are amazing. A custom frame for it sounds interesting as well. I was thinking of building a veneered box around the whole thing so when flipped out of the way it would just look like a piece of furniture. Once I get everything hooked up and working correctly, it will all go down low and out of the way so it won't look as tacky... hopefully.

10. turboman808

turboman808 Senior member

I agree - I'm looking into ways to mount this TV so I can swing it out of the way (flip it down or off to the side or something) because it's really in the way of the view out the windows. It's a little obnoxious, but movies on it are amazing.

A custom frame for it sounds interesting as well. I was thinking of building a veneered box around the whole thing so when flipped out of the way it would just look like a piece of furniture.

Once I get everything hooked up and working correctly, it will all go down low and out of the way so it won't look as tacky... hopefully.

Well I want mine to just look like a picture frame on the wall. Have my computer hooked to it with some of my art and others playing on it or something.

Next step is to pickup a few small form factor computers that fit in drawers.

Intersestingly though I have a server across the street in my office with all my movies and music that I just access thru the wifi.

My only problem I see at this point is with my stero right now. Does anyone make a smaller half sized amp that fits in a drawer? Everything else fits rather nicely in my bombe chest. The amp is sitting under it. [​IMG]

11. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

Art deco drinks cabinet, it's heavy as all f***: [​IMG]

12. A Y

A Y Senior member

13. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Don't think I posted these two (which give me 560mm equivalent):

50-200mm f2.8-3.5 SWD. Like all my Olympus gear, it's environmentally sealed and very well built. The photo makes it look smaller than it is.

[​IMG]

This will be almost permanently attached to the above lens.
    [​IMG]

And because my new lens wouldn't fit in my old camera bag + it takes my notebook in the back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Vince Lombardi's Ghost

Vince Lombardi's Ghost Well-Known Member

Art deco drinks cabinet, it's heavy as all f***:

[​IMG]

This is a beauty piece. Do you have any pics with it loaded up?

15. kronik

kronik Senior member

Benjamin Moore Paint. o_O