I just bought a... (non clothing item)

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tokyo Slim, May 12, 2006.

1. Willsw

Willsw Senior member

Don't. I have been disappointed. The range of colors is great, but the creep on the nibs is awful. And color variety is overrated. But I have lots of Noodler's and am stuck with them. Learn from my mistake. The Pelikan 800 is nice. I lost mine (striped, not a demonstrator). I never had a Montblanc.
    I have a good selection of Noodler's, and barring a bit of annoying nib creep they've performed well, as well as Waterman, Pelikan, Montblanc, Sailor, or Private Reserve inks. I do try to stick to those with better reputations, though; Red-Black is in an old Shaeffer and works wonderfully, a mix of TheVioletVote/IraqiIndigo and OldManhattanBlack is my favorite ink and works well in an EF Sailor, Zhivago has never let me down. If you do, however, want to unload some of those hateful inks, PM me the colors and I'd be glad to cover shipping at least.

2. kronik

kronik Senior member

3. Willsw

Willsw Senior member

Just bought a popcorn maker. A few months ago I stopped microwaving and started making it on the stove, but all that shaking is tiresome. Got a good deal as well. Very excited, I am.

This style:

[​IMG]

4. A Y

A Y Senior member

[​IMG]

Nice. I haven't seen black ones before, only white and maybe red or some other color.

--Andre

5. coachvu

coachvu Senior member

Nice. I haven't seen black ones before, only white and maybe red or some other color.

--Andre

What on earth is that?

6. Willsw

Willsw Senior member

7. kronik

kronik Senior member

To store my console controllers, next to the TV stand for now. I think they just started making the black ones this year or last.

8. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Lumber. Lots and lots of lumber. New stable for the mechanical beasties will be up in about two months.

9. humza

humza Senior member

I just bought a:
    [​IMG]

Samsung 46" A650 1080p LCD. Truly a beautiful piece of machinery.

10. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

i have the 52, its fucking sex.

11. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Lumber. Lots and lots of lumber. New stable for the mechanical beasties will be up in about two months.

Building your own garage? That's pretty badass. Do we get to see progress pics?

12. KBW

KBW Senior member

Went to the local running store (Run It) and bought a pair of Nike Span today that after one run I must say that initially they are great. Much more comfortable than the Gel Kayanos I bought last week (loved the older kayanos but these have now been retired to just being worn in the gym). Also picked up a few pairs of addidas and nike soccer shorts as I had been running in basketball shorts and these are a happy median for me in between the too short and the too long and heavy.

13. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Building your own garage? That's pretty badass. Do we get to see progress pics?
    Perhaps...

14. dl20

dl20 Senior member

Few more fountain pens:

Namiki falcon M point
    Pelikan m200 xf
    Lamy safari XF

I agree with Dopey RE: noodlers, I just dont see what the fuss is all about. I use my pens for writing progress notes so my inks are 90% black but between omas, pelikan, visconti, MB, aurora and namiki, the noodlers is the worst performer. There were also as few complaints about the bulletproof inks staining plastic sections of certain pens when filling. My go to black ink is montblanc; aurora black is great also, especially for XF nibs.

DL

15. Willsw

Willsw Senior member

Few more fountain pens:

Namiki falcon M point
    Pelikan m200 xf
    Lamy safari XF

I agree with Dopey RE: noodlers, I just dont see what the fuss is all about. I use my pens for writing progress notes so my inks are 90% black but between omas, pelikan, visconti, MB, aurora and namiki, the noodlers is the worst performer. There were also as few complaints about the bulletproof inks staining plastic sections of certain pens when filling. My go to black ink is montblanc; aurora black is great also, especially for XF nibs.

DL

I've been wanting a falcon for a long while. Noodlers is bulletproof and I spill a lot of coffee and have received many wet and smudged addresses on envelopes. I feel more comfortable using it than iron gall, and the color selection is better than blue-black. If you're referring to the Baystate incident, I too stay away from those.

I do, however, see how bad experiences with ink can make one wary of the brand. I have one Private Reserve color and the dry time is so slow that I probably won't buy any more.