• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I just bought a... (non clothing item)

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On a lunch today I walked by an antique/used furniture store and saw these. Every once in a while, they have interesting things. These were a fantastic price, and I need chairs. 1950s, made in Georgia for a NYC office supply company, according to the labels. I'll need to get them reupholstered sometime soon, especially the third one, which will hide in our office for a while. Any positive experiences with NYC upholsterers?
alex222.jpg
alex221.jpg

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A $100 tea kettle.
laugh.gif

It's cordless, stainless, and has a temperature control. Tomorrow I am off to Un Amour Des ThÃ
00a9.png
s to stock up on a bunch of different varieties.

edit: and today i picked up a Bodum tea press and some mugs. The colors in the mugs match the bright green baby alpaca throw that I have for my couch and the chocolate brown of the couches themselves. Matt might say that I'm too matchy-matchy.
laugh.gif

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
My MacBook Pro finally died after 5yrs of abuse. I was going to buy a new one but for a couple hunskies less I was able to go with this config for my room.

A Mac Mini
Wireless Keybaord/ Mouse
32" Dynex LCD TV

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rome
My MacBook Pro finally died after 5yrs of abuse. I was going to buy a new one but for a couple hunskies less I was able to go with this config for my room.

A Mac Mini
Wireless Keybaord/ Mouse
32" Dynex LCD TV

oooh... Dynex!

lol

Best Buy's finest!

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
On a lunch today I walked by an antique/used furniture store and saw these. Every once in a while, they have interesting things. These were a fantastic price, and I need chairs. 1950s, made in Georgia for a NYC office supply company, according to the labels. I'll need to get them reupholstered sometime soon, especially the third one, which will hide in our office for a while.

Any positive experiences with NYC upholsterers?

alex222.jpg
alex221.jpg

Go on apartmenttherapy.com. They have a list of upholsterers they recommend in the NYC area if you do the search.

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
oooh... Dynex!

lol

Best Buy's finest!

lol, I think you missed the point. I wasnt bragging about my cheap tv, its a glorified monitor for my mini. I use my setup to watch movies and surf the web from bed.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought a new pair of running shoes from runningwarehouse.com. This is my second purchase from them, and I highly recommend them. Great prices and free 2-day UPS shipping.

Everyone always says go to a running store for shoes, but if you know what you need (in this case, Brooks Adrenaline GTS 8), running warehouse is great--these were $17 more at Dick's.

/
spam[1].gif

ms244

Reaction score
Dyson DC 07

Today's woot.com special.

I hope it works as well as its been hyped at, its a lot of money for a vacuum cleaner.
laugh.gif

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a720.jpg

Canon A720IS for my mom's 60th birthday. She really needs to replace the old film camera she has. I think this is a good compromise, simple to use, P&S, 6x zoom, more heft and size for their hands, & good image quality with enough MP to last them probably forever.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Half-price. Awesome sound. I haven't owned a clock radio for years. This was well worth the wait.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube

Half-price. Awesome sound. I haven't owned a clock radio for years. This was well worth the wait.

Is that a Tivoli model?

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where was it half price?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^Damned if I know what model it is.
And I bought it at a rather exclusive French store here in my town.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How would you rate the quality of sound for the price? Is it a "get-what-you-pay-for" thing or does it sound much better than you'd think for the price? I've heard goods and bads, but have debated getting something similar to your's as they sell Tivoli at Target here.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The sound rocks. I don't understand how there can be such full, rich sound coming out of one little speaker. There is a pretty substantial lower end. This is a Boston Acoustics. And the exclusive "French" store would be Target. I like the digital tuning as opposed to Tivoli's analog.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics