I just bought a Burberry suit opinion pls

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hermes man, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

As of late? It's usually this guy.
    [​IMG]

strangely, he wears his pants like i do.... here's another fit with a slightly different cut.
    [​IMG]

I mean, we can't just blame him. can we? perhaps these guys are also in the wrong.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These are some examples of the "fashionably challenged"[​IMG][​IMG]
    well, i can't just sit here and talk smack without personally backing up my argument. (like some do....) so here is me. rocking a black suit or 2:
    [​IMG]
    ^CM style ,
    [​IMG]
    ^SW&D style.
    yeah,grey/black/gold Jaquard Air max's with stacked jeans. bite me.

Blessed times indeed. at least one of us could out dress you.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015

2. AriG

AriG Senior member

You do know the difference between black and charcoal, right? Because many on the pics are the latter. And quite a few fits you posted are not good. So don't act like this proves anything. However, I say if you want and know how to, then rock a (truly) black suit. But don't do it because you think Jason Statham looks good in one (and don't forget to close both buttons, right ...).

3. powerkicker

powerkicker Senior member

That suit in the op looks awful on a model in a staged promotional pic. Imagine how terrible it will look in the wild.

4. Thrift Vader

Only one picture above is not strictly a black suit. it is a blend of black/brown with a windowpane. and i posted it to illustrate a style that exists outside of the Navy Blazer combo.
    Tom Ford? usually i hate the way his suits fit him. and others. but i have paid cash for it and worn it.
    Nick Wooster?. - Dude is like a Goodwill store took an acid trip. The fit i posted is perhaps the only one of his i have ever liked. (at least he isn't wearing shorts)
    David Beckham? . naw, Really? i think you are just being jealous...... he does what he wants. wears what he wants, and married the woman everyman wants. (BITD)
    Jason Statham? Man can carry it well. because he has confidence.
    Hmmmmm.... A lot of wealthy, famous men regarded as style icons are wearing black suits.........no, YOU must be right. they have no idea what they are doing.[​IMG]

My point is that a black suit is a worldwide staple. the bubble you (and a few others) are in is an exception. my pics show that it is not just an "Asian thing".

And if a member wants to wear one for work purposes? more power to him. it Depends on His ability to carry himself. and how the suit works with his body shape, and his demeanor. if you are gonna hate, it's simply because you can't make it work for you. in all levels of business, in various occupations, a black suit is "The Uniform". so learn to enjoy it. I am only out to show it is as bad, or good, as any other rig available. it comes down to the wearer's confidence. and the quality of the garment. just like everything else.

5. FelixTheFinn

FelixTheFinn Well-Known Member

I don't know about worldwide, but in the European countries I have lived and worked in, wearing a black suits at the office even in the most formal of settings is a big faux pas. All there is to it.

6. Thrift Vader

LOL

7. Jmm722

Jmm722 Senior member

Definitely the same for lawyers and businessmen in the US, except for the rumple-suited interns at Capitol Hill.

Also, the posted pics have almost all terrible fits. These people are not business professionals, and celebrities wear whatever they want and it's usually terrible. If anything, they purposely dress against the proper convention to further express their celebrity status as "different". Just look at the Oscars tuxedos. The fact that celebrities make good money doesn't mean they know how to dress.

Looking to celebrities for fashion advice is laughable. They just wear whatever they're paid to wear and given for free.

8. FelixTheFinn

+1

9. JensenH

JensenH Senior member

For entertainment value, Hermes Man + Thrift Vader = :foo:

10. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Who's funeral were they attending?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015

11. Pendulum

Pendulum Senior member

It's the Hogwarts summer ball.

12. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

^^^^^

LOL! :D

13. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Why do these two dudes look like they might be up to no good, or perhaps part of a VIP close-protection squad. From their looks I'd assume they're packing heat or highly trained in martial arts, and mean "business".

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015

14. hermes man

hermes man Senior member

just another day in sydney . everyone seems to be wearing black for business

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

all these people, they cant all be wrong cant they?

15. FelixTheFinn

Quote: What movie did you get this picture from, cause I'd definitely like to work in an office where her dress is considered normal business attire.