• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I heart EG 3 eyelet derby

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

edwardgreenectonforrlplmedium7.jpg

edwardgreenectonforrlpl1medium.jpg

edwardgreenectonforrlpl3medium.jpg

edwardgreenectonforrlpl2medium.jpg

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Umm, dude, did they have those at Mansion? If so, please tell me the size. If they are on the 888 or 202, in your size, for $433, I might decide to eviscerate myself right now...

EDIT: From the looks, it appears closer to the 606.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's the "Grant" (aka Ecton). It's on the 89.

Unfortunately, I got it a little while ago. When I talked to the saleswoman about the sale, she said they didn't have any left because all the men who worked there had bought them for themselves. haha
blush.gif

darkoak

Reaction score
I believe they're called the "Carter"; the Grant is the EG Oundle with toe medallion. And yes, as of two days ago they had a couple pairs, although they didn't last long...

Kasper

Reaction score
I know Edward Greens are way outside my price range but I was still wondering if someone could tell me about their comfort level? Do you ever use insoles with them?

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by darkoak
I believe they're called the "Carter"; the Grant is the EG Oundle with toe medallion. And yes, as of two days ago they had a couple pairs, although they didn't last long...
You are right. I am a little
dozingoff.gif
today.

edwardgreenectonforrlpl4large5.jpg

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kasper
I know Edward Greens are way outside my price range but I was still wondering if someone could tell me about their comfort level? Do you ever use insoles with them?
Kasper, for me it depends on the model. I can't get the Mackay to fit me because when I walk it digs painfully into my toes. I think, as with any shoe, it's a question of finding a last and a size and a model that fits your foot properly. In my case, this is a tall task. Of course, in a quality shoe, the leather is also going to be of a very fine quality, so supple, fine-grain leather is going to be more comfortable than stiff leather.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
z, I'm glad you didn't post those pictures earlier. What gorgeous shoes!!
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
I've steeled myself against the RL sale and vowed not to call the Mansion today to enquire about the Carters. By now, thankfully, stores on the East Coast are closed. Edit: I am intensely jealous, though!!

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
It's the "Grant" (aka Ecton). It's on the 89.
They're slightly different from the "Ecton".
They have these additional side pieces laid on (taking the eyelets).

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Please keep your sets tuned to this channel for a side-by-side comparison of Carter and Ecton coming soon to a shoe damage thread near you.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Please keep your sets tuned to this channel for a side-by-side comparison of Carter and Ecton coming soon to a shoe damage thread near you.
Oh yeah! You got the Ebay Ectons. Looking forward to that side-by-side.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice shoes Z. I have a pair of those on the way. I hope they fit. I have never worn the 89 last before.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
bremerdover8ct.jpg

*Cough*

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads