Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I haven't been to NYC since Spring 2010

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by bsyde82, Apr 30, 2013.

1. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

So it's been 3 years. I went there multiple times during that time so I felt like I covered a lot of ground in terms of the retail and dining/nightlife scene. Of course, I didn't come close to doing a comprehensive tour, but hit enough of the "current" spots.

My question is, anything new and particularly noteworthy in the past 3 years? Going to be there this weekend, and memorial day weekend.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

3. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Going up next weekend. Still looking for a hotel for under $250/night :facepalm:

+1 on the high line. Try to go early, it's narrow and will be crowded if it's nice out.

Retailwise, not sure what your interests are, but Nepenthes in the garment district (probably was open 3 years ago, come to think of it) has the best selection of Engineered Garments and related brands probably in the world.

I'm looking forward to checking out Carson Street Clothiers, a new place that carries a nice cross section of MC and SW+D stuff.

Restaurants I have no idea.

4. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

shore, consider Chelsea Lodge and the Gershwin.

~ H