• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have no... style...

MustangMike

Reaction score
hey everyone! first post!!! anyway, i'm having a hard time finding a clothing style that suits me... below is a picture of me... comments and suggestions are appreciated! I want to go for an older, more mature, more appealing look... but i can't grow facial hair... lol

Daily attire... lol

1001628dm2.jpg

Blessed or cursed with a boyish face... I'm 21 y/o.

1083352645_l.jpg

brozek

Reaction score
Start looking at the pictures on the Sartorialist and the WAYWT threads on this forum and Superfuture. Right now I'd call your style "every single undergrad jackass I've ever seen", but maybe that's what you're going for.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You need to begin with neutrals. Beige, gray, khaki . . . start building your trouser, shirt, jacket ensembles with colors that mix, without effort. If you're looking for a suit, too . . . navy would be good. You have plenty of potential. And, you're young . . . two enviable attributes.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
At 21, what are you looking for in terms of style? (who do you see that you think has great style?) If you are simply looking for daily college attire, check the streetwear forum for some great ideas. If you are going into your first job and looking for office appropiate wear, then giving us an idea of what you will be doing and what clothing requirements there are would help generate ideas for you. Things like single breasted navy suits, brown and black captoe shoes are items that never go out of style and you can pretty much wear in any professional environment. Also, telling us your budget is a good idea.

Lastly, pay no mind to the posters who act like they were born in Kiton suits or Sugarcane jeans. Getting your style and the appropriate clothing is a journey that will take time.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
try wearing shirts

Best advice so far.

Also vary pants from jeans to other styles that are still good for your age (e.g. jeans-cut corduroys, nice cargos). Drop the baseball cap as much as possible. Don't wear flip-flops unless you're at the beach

Stax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Best advice so far.

Also vary pants from jeans to other styles that are still good for your age (e.g. jeans-cut corduroys, nice cargos). Drop the baseball cap as much as possible. Don't wear flip-flops unless you're at the beach

ditto.....and get some picture frames.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
Does it occur to anyone that we may have been trolled?

yeah, I kinda thought that but there was nothing overly-trolly about the post so I figured what the heck. Maybe I'm just a starry-eyed optimist trying to make the world a better place
laugh.gif

PS. package finally mailed two days ago!

malek

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MustangMike
below is a picture of me... comments and suggestions are appreciated! I want to go for an older, more mature, more appealing look... but i can't grow facial hair...

First thing to start with:
BUUUUUUURRRNNN your white t-shirt and this pair of jeans!
nod[1].gif
nod[1].gif
nod[1].gif

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stax
ditto.....and get some picture frames.
You are recommending that he frame his periodic table of elements?

drake

Reaction score
Yes. You don't disrespect a work of art like that.

Originally Posted by Kent Wang
You are recommending that he frame his periodic table of elements?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics