1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I have no idea what to do with my hair

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by jjordizzle, Jun 21, 2011.

1. jjordizzle

jjordizzle Member

I have naturally curly hair. Whenever it starts to grow a decent amount, I get frustrated on a daily basis trying to keep it tame. I generally don't use product or much at all to style it.

I know that my hair has a lot of potential but I'm not sure what to do with it. Here are some pictures to give you a better idea.

When I was a few years old
    [​IMG]
    Fairly short
    [​IMG]
    A little longer.
    [​IMG]
    Another example
    [​IMG]
    My hair is getting near the point of picture #3, and I want to learn how I can style it. Thank you and I would be happy to answer any questions that you might have.

2. willpower

willpower Senior member

3. Hollywars

Hollywars Senior member

You could always try using a curl relaxer or getting a Brazilian Keratin treatment done, but it definitely looks better relatively short.

4. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Senior member

I know you didn't ask, but I'd say lose the chinstrap...

As for the hair, that looks like a difficult curl to tame. It does look best short like in the top pic.

5. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

Curly hair always looks better super short. Just follow Justin Timberlake's example. Dude has serious Jewfro going on when it gets long, so that's why he doesn't let it get long.

6. unjung

unjung Senior member

7. Big A

Big A Senior member

I had the same hair. I'm told I look better without it

8. jjordizzle

jjordizzle Member

I know you didn't ask, but I'd say lose the chinstrap...

As for the hair, that looks like a difficult curl to tame. It does look best short like in the top pic.

=p Yeah I'm not gonna do that again. I do like how I look when it's shorter, but I was just wondering if there was something I could with my hair as it grows and stray away from the jewfro style. I can comb it back and do something like this as well:

[​IMG]

9. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

=p Yeah I'm not gonna do that again. I do like how I look when it's shorter, but I was just wondering if there was something I could with my hair as it grows and stray away from the jewfro style. I can comb it back and do something like this as well: [​IMG]
    Slicking it back is not a good idea, because your hair isn't straight enough to pull off that look. Instead, you'll end up looking like a dork. (Think: Napoleon Dynamite, not Scott Caan). Seriously, doo, Google Justin Timberlake throughout the ages. Follow his lead. He is your guide out of the desert of curly haired hell. I say this as a guy with straight hair, so take my words for what they are, but I know good and bad curly hair when I see it.

10. jjordizzle

jjordizzle Member