• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have forgiven you...

Eric

Reaction score
Jessica Alba recieved alot of hype originally when the show "Dark Angel" debut. I most always hate on the hype, and she was no exception, I thought she was cute but not the hottest thing walking the earth like everyone else thought. A bigger reason than the hype made me dislike her: The show she was a part of. The plot sucked, ok whatever, but the way they talked on that show was sooooo frickin annoying. I couldn't stand the forced flat ebonics. God that show sucked, and according to me, so did everything else associated with it, including Jessica. Jessica is recieving alot more hype these days again, and I must say I'm jumping on that band wagon. She is unbelievably hot, very near perfection, I can think of only a few other better/equally sexy women out there. Anyway to finally sum up this post, I forgive Jessica Alba for her association with "Dark Angel" Eric

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
laugh.gif
I have long since forgiven her - in fact I admit to kind of enjoying that show, though not least because she wore tight leather clothes and drove a motorcycle around and was just generally super hot. I skimmed an article in Rolling Stone and it seems like she's pretty much a regular chick, too, which is nice to see.

PeterMetro

Reaction score
I don't claim to have discovered Jessica Alba, but I will say that I have consistently claimed her to be the hottest thing on two legs since Dark Angel.

I now feel a cross between vindicated and territorial.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
She looks preposterous as a blonde.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...she could be bald, and still be hommina-hommina hot.

along the same lines, i saw Shakira on a show not long ago, and she was brunette. maybe it's her natural color, i dunno, but anyway it just looked wrong to me.

Cliff

Reaction score
I like her better as a brunette also. Although I don't think I'd mind if she dyed her hair blue, as long as the dye didn't come off on my pillow...........I hate that.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Gotta admit - I actually liked her in that movie, "Honey" - don't know if I'm going to spend the $$ to see Fantastic Four though.

Bradford

tsloop

Reaction score
She is definitely near the top of my list when it comes to beautiful women.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...she could be bald, and still be hommina-hommina hot.

along the same lines, i saw Shakira on a show not long ago, and she was brunette. maybe it's her natural color, i dunno, but anyway it just looked wrong to me.
shakira is a natural brunette. she has been popular in latin america for at least 12 years or so and she always had long, straight, brown hair until she did her cross-over. i liked her better as a brunette. she used to be more folky but now she's blonde and more of a rocker.

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The plot sucked, ok whatever, but the way they talked on that show was sooooo frickin annoying.  I couldn't stand the forced flat ebonics.
I saw a few episodes of this TV program. I liked the idea and the settings. Plot horrible, I agree. I loved the ebonics though. Original Cindy was great. They were "forced" and "flat" though. Great description.

esquire.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I skimmed an article in Rolling Stone and it seems like she's pretty much a regular chick, too, which is nice to see.
She was also the cover model for a recent Esquire magazine as well, but I never got to read the interview since somebody had slashed the copy in the library to get the pictures. Bastard.

Was this whole Dark Angel thing a rip-off of the anime movie Battle Angel? I never saw the series, but the commercials reminded me of that anime movie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads