1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I have forgiven you...

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Eric, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Eric

Eric Senior member

Jessica Alba recieved alot of hype originally when the show "Dark Angel" debut. I most always hate on the hype, and she was no exception, I thought she was cute but not the hottest thing walking the earth like everyone else thought. A bigger reason than the hype made me dislike her: The show she was a part of. The plot sucked, ok whatever, but the way they talked on that show was sooooo frickin annoying. I couldn't stand the forced flat ebonics. God that show sucked, and according to me, so did everything else associated with it, including Jessica. Jessica is recieving alot more hype these days again, and I must say I'm jumping on that band wagon. She is unbelievably hot, very near perfection, I can think of only a few other better/equally sexy women out there. Anyway to finally sum up this post, I forgive Jessica Alba for her association with "Dark Angel" [​IMG] Eric

2. j

j Senior member Admin

[​IMG] I have long since forgiven her - in fact I admit to kind of enjoying that show, though not least because she wore tight leather clothes and drove a motorcycle around and was just generally super hot. I skimmed an article in Rolling Stone and it seems like she's pretty much a regular chick, too, which is nice to see.

3. PeterMetro

PeterMetro Senior member

I don't claim to have discovered Jessica Alba, but I will say that I have consistently claimed her to be the hottest thing on two legs since Dark Angel.

I now feel a cross between vindicated and territorial.

4. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

She looks preposterous as a blonde.

5. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

...she could be bald, and still be hommina-hommina hot.

along the same lines, i saw Shakira on a show not long ago, and she was brunette. maybe it's her natural color, i dunno, but anyway it just looked wrong to me.

6. Cliff

Cliff Senior member

I like her better as a brunette also. Although I don't think I'd mind if she dyed her hair blue, as long as the dye didn't come off on my pillow...........I hate that.

7. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

Gotta admit - I actually liked her in that movie, "Honey" - don't know if I'm going to spend the $$ to see Fantastic Four though.

Bradford

8. tsloop

tsloop Senior member

She is definitely near the top of my list when it comes to beautiful women.

9. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

shakira is a natural brunette. she has been popular in latin america for at least 12 years or so and she always had long, straight, brown hair until she did her cross-over. i liked her better as a brunette. she used to be more folky but now she's blonde and more of a rocker.

10. Horace

Horace Senior member

I saw a few episodes of this TV program. I liked the idea and the settings. Plot horrible, I agree. I loved the ebonics though. Original Cindy was great. They were "forced" and "flat" though. Great description.

11. esquire.

esquire. Senior member

She was also the cover model for a recent Esquire magazine as well, but I never got to read the interview since somebody had slashed the copy in the library to get the pictures. Bastard.

Was this whole Dark Angel thing a rip-off of the anime movie Battle Angel? I never saw the series, but the commercials reminded me of that anime movie.