• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have blossom water

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now wat?
confused.gif
4984854796_67020550cf.jpg

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not actually sure if it's orange blossom water or just plain blossom water. It doesn't specify orange, and just smells uber floral. I may start mixing it in drinks just for ***** and grins until something good happens.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ramos Gin Fizz, naturally.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Ramos Gin Fizz, naturally.

I've found several variations and was wondering which proportions you used. I was also wondering which of either Junipero or Hendrick's you would use given only those two options.

Thanks for your time.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to do this with my squash blossoms. My friendly bumblebees are gone and I don't know where they went.
frown.gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
I've found several variations and was wondering which proportions you used. I was also wondering which of either Junipero or Hendrick's you would use given only those two options. Thanks for your time.
Actually, I rarely make them, as I know a bar near me that does so quite well, indeed. I would use Junipero, as Hendrick's might be too floral for a drink that is already in that direction. Recipe-wise, I find it hard to go wrong with Darcy O'Neil whenever I start a new cocktail, so I shall direct you to him: http://www.artofdrink.com/2006/07/ra...z-cocktail.php ~ H

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Actually, I rarely make them, as I know a bar near me that does so quite well, indeed. I would use Junipero, as Hendrick's might be too floral for a drink that is already in that direction.

Recipe-wise, I find it hard to go wrong with Darcy O'Neil whenever I start a new cocktail, so I shall direct you to him:

http://www.artofdrink.com/2006/07/ra...z-cocktail.php

~ H

Thank you very much. While on the topic of gins, are there any that you'd reccomend to add to my collection?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much. While on the topic of gins, are there any that you'd reccomend to add to my collection?
I'm not Huntsman, but I recommend Aviation, which sells for around $30/fifth. It describes itself as a "New Western Dry Gin," which it defines as a gin in which the non-Juniper botanicals are at the forefront. If you like Hendrick's, you would like Aviation.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:: I I stock Junipero, Hendrick's, Old Tom, Martin Miller, Old Raj, Sapphire, Beefeater, Plymouth, Gordons, Genevieve, Bluecoat and perhaps some others. Here's how I look at it: I like to have a 'well' spirit, and an example, at least, of each end of the stylistic range. For me that's satisfied with Beefeater as my well (Gordons or Boodles would be as well), Martin Miller as my Juniper-forward, and Hendrick's for my floral. Beyond that it's just whim and personal taste. I like Sapphire best for my G&Ts. Plymouthh I have because it is a classic and excellent. Miller's is my usual cocktail gin that calls for a juniper-forward gin. I tend to use Junipero in rare circumstances where it can shine (oddly, the Last Word). Likewise with Old Raj. Genevieve and Old Tom are out there cocktailian spirits. But if I could make one suggestion: Martin Miller Westbourne strength, I've had it and enjoy it greatly.
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
I'm not Huntsman, but I recommend Aviation, which sells for around $30/fifth. It describes itself as a "New Western Dry Gin," which it defines as a gin in which the non-Juniper botanicals are at the forefront. If you like Hendrick's, you would like Aviation.
Hey, there's a lot of gin out there and I haven't had it all! Aviation seems well-regarded. ~H

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all of yall for the input and recommendations.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads