• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have been to lanvin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have made some purchase, what do you think about fabrics? Which one would you have taken? Thanks 1) Blue unfortunately fused on chest
confused.gif
PICT3.jpg
2) blue not fused
smile.gif
PICT4.jpg
PICT6.jpg
3) Grey not fused
smile.gif
PICT19.jpg
4) gray
smile.gif
/brown
confused.gif
? Not fused
smile.gif
PICT7.jpg
5) Ties not fused I hope.
PICT18.jpg

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The gray one is quite nice as well. I would go with either the blue or the gray unfused ones. How much more less was the fused one? Probably still better to pay more for full canvas.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) tasmanian wool

2) super 120

3) super 150

4) wool

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The gray one is quite nice as well.  I would go with either the blue or the gray unfused ones.  How much more less was the fused one?  Probably still better to pay more for full canvas.
Not fused are from +50% to 100% of fused prices

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like the color of the first and the texture of the second. Ernest, if you are unemployed and living at home (with atrocious bedroom furnishings, by the way) how come you are spending a mint on tailored clothing? And how can you?

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, then . . . I might go with the Super 150 gray one if it was the same price as the Super 120s blue one. But 120s are great fabrics as well. I'm just thinking the Super 150 might be a lighter weight, which are sometimes hard to come by.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like the color of the first and the texture of the second.  Ernest, if you are unemployed and living at home (with atrocious bedroom furnishings, by the way) how come you are spending a mint on tailored clothing?  And how can you?
Ernest has answered this before -- he hates to travel and does not have to pay rent.

Seriously though, Ernest. I think LA Guy may have a good point here; you may be spending a bit much for your age/income bracket. You seem to have quite a large collection as it is, and a pretty darn good one at that it seems. This board shouldn't be a pissing contest. There is nothing wrong with spending a lot on things you enjoy, provided you are making wise purchases. You may want to consider putting some money in the bank if you don't have a regular income.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like the color of the first and the texture of the second.  Ernest, if you are unemployed and living at home (with atrocious bedroom furnishings, by the way) how come you are spending a mint on tailored clothing?  And how can you?
this is not realy mint cloth, only RTW

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(LA Guy @ 20 July 2004, 5:35) Like the color of the first and the texture of the second. Â Ernest, if you are unemployed and living at home (with atrocious bedroom furnishings, by the way) how come you are spending a mint on tailored clothing? Â And how can you?
Ernest has answered this before -- he hates to travel and does not have to pay rent. Â There is nothing wrong with spending a lot on things you enjoy, provided you are making wise purchases. Â You may want to consider putting some money in the bank if you don't have a regular income.
Do not worry for my bank I spend money I have got. These are very wise purchases...

kalra2411

Reaction score
(kalra2411 @ 20 July 2004, 5:36) Nice suits, too bad you have ugly watches.
My Cartier is ugly?
No, you have one nice watch.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, then . . . I might go with the Super 150 gray one if it was the same price as the Super 120s blue one.  But 120s are great fabrics as well.  I'm just thinking the Super 150 might be a lighter weight, which are sometimes hard to come by.
super 150 is 30% more than 120

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ 21 July 2004, 01:45)
Originally Posted by kalra2411,20 July 2004, 5:36
Nice suits, too bad you have ugly watches.
My Cartier is ugly?
No, you have one nice watch.
How many do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads