• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

NotCreative

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a pair of jeans that fit similar to Levis 512 but with a lower rise? 512s fit good in the legs, but since I wear my jeans lower they looks strange with the high rise.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the orSlow 2- or 3-year wash?

I purchased the 2-year wash 107s recently and I was wondering - do these things break in/loosen up like the 1-wash denim? They are a touch on the tight side, and my 1-wash broke in nicely.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all:

Looking for a slim raw/selvedge denim recommendation <$250. For reference, I currently am wearing RRL slim fit rigids

https://www.ralphlauren.com/men-clothing-jeans/slim-fit-rigid-selvedge-jean/86417.html

they are excellent but it's time for a new pair. Looking at raw with a similar fit as my RRL but don't know where to start. I see the main brands like 3S, flat head, Rogue, N&F, etc., but not sure which one I should go with since I don't live in NYC/LA and can't exactly go into a store and try them on.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this side of the forum dead or what?

Anyways, I was wondering what is more versatile and also looks better as far as a denim trucker jacket goes? A medium wash vs dark indigo.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, pretty dead. should probably rename it to ditch the "denim" part. Most of the world's remaining denimheads have decamped for SuFu or Denimbro (for those who think a Canadian tux is daily wear...)

Anyway, I think dark or raw looks better, can dress it up more.

Drewill44

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice! I called a few stores today that I don't have locally/did not visit and found a few that might be ok options. The issue is that the companies are not ones I know much about or are most likely cheap quality (Old Navy, etc.). I am thinking I may need to size the waist up, but I am worried about the seat not fitting. I have a muscular build, but when you go up to a 38' waist in a loose fit, we are not looking at an athletic fit anymore. I also don't want to pay around $100 for decent jeans only to have to pay $40-$80 to get them to fit or on the flip side end up paying near $100 for a cheap pair of jeans to fit. I will keep looking. I tried to find decent MTM options but like you said they come with a price or they are based in places like India and have no real guarantee of getting a good fit.
Screenshot_20190421-205101_Photos.jpg

You aren't the only one with this issue man. These are a 34x34. I like to stack my cuffs.

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am just now getting into the world of selvedge denim and raw denim. I am still a relative newbie.

I am planning to visit Jakarta soon and heard there are a few local brands makes some really good stuff at a very lucrative price.

With denim, i always wanna wear them before buying. So i compiled a list of shops i can visit.

I would prefer inputs, comments and suggestions on this. Thank you

Sage Tradecamp
Kuningan City Mall, UG Floor # 3
Jl. Prof. Dr. Satrio, Kav. 18-19
Jakarta

Oldblue Co.
Jalan Simprug Golf 18 No. 3A1, RT.7/RW.8, Grogol Sel., Kec. Kby. Lama,
Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12220, Indonesia

Elhaus
Jl. Panglima Polim V, No. 36
South Jakarta, DKI Jakarta

Society by Mischief Denim
Jl. Tebet Utara Dalam, No.23
Tebet, DKI Jakarta

Aye & Co

Jalan Boulevard Barat Raya Blok LC 6 No. 47.
Kelapa Gading Jakarta, Indonesia

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m looking at black Nudies on sale at Yoox and with their poor description and crap photos they are all looking the same. Can anyone identify these two models so I can research actual measurements?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m looking at black Nudies on sale at Yoox and with their poor description and crap photos they are all looking the same. Can anyone identify these two models so I can research actual measurements?

Damn, this thread is dead.

Wish I could inform you but I'm not familiar with Nudies models.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, revive the thread with a review of your Deus jeans when they arrive! ?

During the Rona lock down, I have actually refreshed my jean rotation as it had been about 3 years since I bought a pair.

Over the last month I picked up a pair of PBJ SR-19, Studio D'Artisan Suvin Gold, Strike Gold Deep Indigo Limited, and a Strike Gold Optical Ice Type II jacket. Now, I have those Deus ex Machina on the way.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve been doing the same, but with more entry-level brands:

Telleson Type III lightweight eggshell jacket
Naked & Famous black Type III
Gustin 16oz Cone Mills jeans
and now I’m looking for a black selvedge pair.

Probably my favorite pair of jeans have been Ciano Farmers, but sizing is tricky and the wait is twice Gustin.

I do want to get a pair of IH666s someday, but I’ve got enough jeans for now.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Probably my favorite pair of jeans have been Ciano Farmers, but sizing is tricky and the wait is twice Gustin.

I do want to get a pair of IH666s someday, but I’ve got enough jeans for now.

So many jeans, so little time to break in. I have just stopped wearing slacks to work (when I used to go to work) and just wear jeans with a polo or dress shirt.

Last edited:

Gonzo9

Reaction score

Momotaro x Blue Owl 15.7oz Zimbabwe Cotton. Some of the best hand picked cotton on earth.
8C34158E-23C4-4208-AA50-C8A5C02171F0.jpeg

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You could check Bravestar Selvage for black denim. Inexpensive and MiUSA. I don’t have any experience with them but they’re another low cost option for jeans

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads