1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. photofabix

photofabix Senior member

photofabix it's time you experimented with something smaller IMO. I remember the discussion about your weight loss a little while back and it doesn't seem like you've taken the plunge into clothes that fit your new body type. Have at it!
    I'm trying I swear I am [​IMG] ... The shirt is new it's an H&M Medium Polo (that I'm still debating on if it's to small)...and the pants, I thought where pretty dang small. I guess I just need to keep working on it.

2. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

yes i agree, you should go with something smaller, and fitting. i think that will enhance your body proportions to a degree.

try getting a pair of slim jeans and a slim top. at first you may not be used to it, it may make you self conscious , but it will definitely enhance your look in terms of body proportion.

3. photofabix

photofabix Senior member

yes i agree, you should go with something smaller, and fitting. i think that will enhance your body proportions to a degree. try getting a pair of slim jeans and a slim top. at first you may not be used to it, it may make you self conscious , but it will definitely enhance your look in terms of body proportion.
    The 514 are "supposed" to be slim, maybe a 34 would of been better, but based on my measurements I thought I got the right size. I'll have to think the shirt thing through, living in the middle of no where and not being able to try stuff on really sucks, so the above polo looks to big or just doesn't look right? I'm open to other budget (under $60) jean suggestions, and is slim the way to go for elongating shorter legs, that's another question I've had. My legs are probably about 30" length but I usually get 32" for a little stack. I do plan to spend more money once I'm at a weight I'm happy with, but just want something that fits, looks right, and is comfortable till I get to that point.

4. DocHunter

DocHunter Senior member

Hi,

I'm looking for a jean recommendation with a similar cut to the jeans that Chris Robinson is wearing in this picture below.

I know he's a dirty hippy and has terrible fashion sense, but I'm looking for a similar low cut slight flare. Maybe a little less flare than these so they aren't full-on bellbottoms but you get the picture...

[​IMG]

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

american eagle, abercrombie, hollister, anywhere. C'mon. If you can't find similar jeans, you're not trying

6. DocHunter

DocHunter Senior member

american eagle, abercrombie, hollister, anywhere. C'mon. If you can't find similar jeans, you're not trying

No way. I've looked for a while. All of those brands are awful fitting and are extremely baggy with pretty high rise. Not even close.

No way that Chris Robinson is wearing Abercrombie. Hah.

Thanks for the sarcastic reply though. Anyone actually want to help a brother out with legitimate suggestions?

7. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Get girl jeans and size up then. I'm not being sarcastic. They're slimmer in the top block than guy jeans at the same level and have a variety of low, mid, high rises and bootcut, flare, straight, etc... You don't need to go high end for this, man. I don't think that guy thought about his outfit any, and you shouldn't need to worry about it much either. Get looser girl bootcut jeans in that wash at american eagle, a grey shirt from walmart and then wash/dry it a few times so it loses shape, then a cubs hat that you run over with your car a few times.

Also, i don't think you tried hard enough to see the various cuts those mall brands have. I've seen plenty of non-baggy thigh jeans with bootcuts like that.

Completely serious

8. whodini

whodini Senior member

There's nothing slight about that flare, nothing special about those jeans that hasn't been done by all the brands chrono already mentioned. Just google "low-rise bootcut" and voila!

9. dgfair

dgfair Active Member

I'm looking to get a pair of APC NS. I currently have a pair of KMW 1980 in a size 31, and they fit pretty good....a tad looser than I would like but certainly not a full inch. What size should I size down to in the APC? 29 or 28? Thanks.

10. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

I'm looking to get a pair of APC NS. I currently have a pair of KMW 1980 in a size 31, and they fit pretty good....a tad looser than I would like but certainly not a full inch. What size should I size down to in the APC? 29 or 28? Thanks.

Are your KMW's loose in the waist, thighs or all over?

11. Merrlicious

Merrlicious Member

Can someon answer my questions on page 127

12. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

On the topic of washing/soaking... with APC's, I hear they're Saniforized so no need to preshring before wearing or soak while wearing... and people also say don't wash for as long as possible

the article below mentiones spraying jeans periodically while wearing them to get the molding happening... isn't that kind of like soaking them? (maybe different becuase the indigo doesn't rub off in the water?)

http://www.psychopedia.com/dailynews...e_tips_fr.html

13. luvmalik

luvmalik Senior member

hi, i recently bought a pj-5,

it fits me really well, but the only problem is that the ass looks weird.

it doesnt fit well in the ass. i think beacuse of its stiffness, any help to overcome this problem.

14. dgfair

dgfair Active Member

Are your KMW's loose in the waist, thighs or all over?

they're a little loose in the waist, perfect in the thigh, and a loose in the thigh. that's why i'm looking for something with a little more taper...to eliminated the bagginess in the thigh. I think the APC NS should do that, but maybe there's a better option out there.

15. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

the article below mentiones spraying jeans periodically while wearing them to get the molding happening... isn't that kind of like soaking them? (maybe different becuase the indigo doesn't rub off in the water?)

http://www.psychopedia.com/dailynews...e_tips_fr.html

Soaking is generally done to take care of shrinking. Spraying water/starch is generally done in places where there are creases forming, so they take shape quicker. There is absolutely no need for spraying.

16. whodini

whodini Senior member

Only reason I've ever sprayed my jeans was to soften the legs long enough to set the stacks.

17. rocks

rocks Senior member

Hi,

I'm looking for a jean recommendation with a similar cut to the jeans that Chris Robinson is wearing in this picture below.

I know he's a dirty hippy and has terrible fashion sense, but I'm looking for a similar low cut slight flare. Maybe a little less flare than these so they aren't full-on bellbottoms but you get the picture...

[​IMG]

Dude, CR is awesome, never ever defame his character on this board again. I'm a die-hard fan of The Black Crowes and takes offense to your rhetoric. [​IMG]

18. aerether

aerether Senior member

KMW 1980 vs Iron Heart 634s

Which one should I spring for? (I decided that FH F380 wasn't for me since I don't have a bathtub/bin to soak them in) Also, if I do decide to get the KMWs, should I get a size 32 or 33?

Relevant information:
    -Looking for a slightly lower rise than APC NS.
    -Looking for denim that won't stretch too much (unlike APC stuff)

Measurements:
    Weight: 162lb
    Height: 5' 7"
    Waist: 32.5"
    Thigh (top): ~23.5
    Thigh (two inches down): ~22.5"
    Usual inseam: 30" (looking for 31/32s though for some stack)

Any insight?

19. Seanallen

Seanallen Senior member

So I bought a pair of "Indigo Denim" and I'm wondering what indigo denim is and is there anything I need to do to it sort of how most raw denim jeans need to be soaked.

20. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

I'd get some more 1980 KMW's, size 30 or if you get the APC NS's, get size 28.