• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my APC ns's. i feel like they look bad on me due to my super skinny legs. i'm working out my legs liek 4 times a week now with a trainer (along with the rest of my body obviously xD) so i figure my legs will thicken up a bit and it'll look better, but for now, do you guys think this fit looks ok? i just got the ns's 2 weeks ago.
b-2.jpg
a-4.jpg

izlat

Reaction score
I like the fit on the first photo.

As for bulking up on the legs - unless you are quite an exception, I'd expect that you would have difficulty w/ the calves. Butt and thighs are not too hard to build up, but calves are notorious for slow / low response. The obvious question is - do you think the NS would look better on you if your butt and thighs bulk up, and your calves stay more or less the same?

Best of luck

FenixConnektion

Reaction score
Hi all...I've got a quick question.

I have a couple size 31 jeans in my closet and in the time that I bought them, I've lost quite a bit of weight...so much so that I'm a size 29 now.

They don't fit quite as 'perfect' as they used to, and I always need a belt if I choose to wear them. The problem is that since the waistlines are so big, they start bunching up in the back area due to the constraints of the belt. I really hate how they do this, and I'm afraid that it will make me look sloppy. Should I stop wearing them?

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by izlat
I like the fit on the first photo.

As for bulking up on the legs - unless you are quite an exception, I'd expect that you would have difficulty w/ the calves. Butt and thighs are not too hard to build up, but calves are notorious for slow / low response. The obvious question is - do you think the NS would look better on you if your butt and thighs bulk up, and your calves stay more or less the same?

Best of luck

I just feel like the calves look too thin. I also like the fit in the first photo, I'll cuff the jeans and it'll look fine I guess.

One day maybe my calves will come through for me, I'll keep working them out xD.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
I don't know if this was discussed before but how do you all store your jeans while they are in rotation?

I'm talking about the ones you haven't washed yet, thus the ones accumulating dirt, grime, skin cells, ketchup, coke, and other assorted food stains engrained all for your patina towards your first wash.

I would be afraid to fold them in the drawer or hang them in the closet cuz that dried on junk can attract silverfish, moths, etc to your jeans and adjacent clothing articles?

When I wear my jeans in rotation I just hang them over a chair until next time I wear them but now I've gotten to the point of having so many jeans in rotation I don't find it practical anymore. I got to place them in temp storage somewhere till next time I wear them again.

storagefront.jpg

izlat

Reaction score
I just saw this in one of the older threads I was browsing. Truly amzing

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they're datasupa's. All I have are an APC and a couple of LVC 501s.

Synrax

Reaction score
For a 30 W, what LVC 1947 501 size should I try? Research indicates 31.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Also,
If this is true for kmw, what gives for pbj and somet using synthetic indigo for their made in japan denim? Or do they as well use natural.

My previous question maybe you all overlooked up on top of the page.

For those that know, what is the advantage of natural/genuine indigo as opposed to synthetic?

I noticed that somet uses synthetic. That certainly should not put them on same level as the chinese made kmw

Is it just fading properties are different?

Thanks.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that natural indigo is harder to fade.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you sure?
I hear on these threads that eternals and flat head are easy to fade and they use natural indigo.

And somet was noted by several here to be very difficult to fade. I believe somet uses synthetic

You've got it backwards. Somet (and KMW) use natural indigo. Most other brands use synthetic, with a few exceptions (mostly in their upper end products). 5EP uses a blend.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads