1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Sean9

Sean9 Senior member

I don't know anything about that Urban Outfitters stuff that's something weird. Just go to Barney's and try them on. They have 3 cuts New Standard, Petit Standard and New Cure. So just try on one of each of those and see which one you like best and size down 2 from your Levi's size they should be really tight at first (barely able to button the top button) because the waist stretches out a bunch. Any of the APC jeans you find at Barney's should be the real deal and definitely of high enough quality.

2. krspdla

krspdla Senior member

I think APC Madras is a different line (ie. not what you're looking for)

3. tomee

tomee Senior member

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  4. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

These will be sanforized. Dont expect substantial shrinkage.

Still advised to give a soak though before washing for reasons already mentioned a few posts above.

5. Jacob_G

Jacob_G Senior member

hey guys. I want to buy some black overdyed slim fit jeans. I had a pair of petit standar in size 30 but they are slightly too skinny for me now. If I get a 32 would it help or would it look out of proportion? Or can anyone recommend me another pair? (I guess I am a true 32-33)

6. Sean9

Sean9 Senior member

7. Jacob_G

Jacob_G Senior member

Thanks, now is just the question if a 32 length will fit me since I am 6.1' : /

8. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

How many pairs of raw denim would you say is too much? I have a pair of Dior MIJ 19cm (slim) raw indigo, Dior MIJ 19 cm raw noir, and now Dior MIJ 17cm (skinny) raw indigo. Is that overkill? I love them all. The 19 cm indigo are my go to and have nicely faded after about a year. The raw noirs are fairly new, but I get the sense will never fade. The 17cm are the newest and stack differently than the others.

9. Epstein

Epstein Member

dumb question i know

but which APC jean is cut like Naked and famous skinny guy?

10. Jacob_G

Jacob_G Senior member

Ended up getting some Pure Blue Japan jeans. What is the best way to remove the leaf logo without a seam ripper?

11. Sean9

Sean9 Senior member

Damn really? I love that leaf logo.

12. a

a Member

In the past I bought new standard on line, which were perfect in the waist at size 29.
    I find, however, the low to mid-rise too restricting in leg movement - when the leg is raised .
    Can anyone rec a similar quality/price jean with a freer movement? Maybe a higher rise will be necessary. & doesn't have to be online- I prefer trying on in-store given the choice.

(cross-post fr. APC for more suitability to this thread)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  13. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I think this is something you can only answer for yourself. I've got one pair of indigo that were raw and that's it and it's enough (I also have a black pair and a white pair).

14. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I don't have an exact answer for this question but what you're looking for is a higher rear rise, aka more room in the ass.

15. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Seam ripper is the only way I've seen it done. Personally love the leaf too, don't know why you'd want to tear it out.

16. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Levis is going to have a higher rise than the French brands: http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=1996.

17. Jacob_G

Jacob_G Senior member

I think the colored leaf does not fit on the black nc´s. Removed it with nail scissors and tweezers. was no fun...

18. sneaky aziz

sneaky aziz Member

Just wanna know somewhere I can get some grey jeans, I'm new to the whole fashion game and i'm lookin to step it up.

19. a

a Member

thanks. You could be right. The jeans in the link seem higher than I'd want.

I got some perfect fitting Diesels mid-90s which weren't so high-rise but were second skin -like to wear. Admittedly the denim wasn't as raw as the APCs.

20. kraands

kraands Senior member

Question regarding presoaking…

I have a pair of APC that are a year old, worn off and on. They are partially broken in but not fully, just some light whiskering. They're sized down 2 but are still pretty tight even after a lot of biking and activity. Would I benefit from soaking them in a tub then wearing them around to stretch them out? I'm not ready for a wash yet, I just want them to loosen up.