I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. mimesis

mimesis Well-Known Member

2. breakz

breakz Senior member

3. djs488

djs488 Senior member

how do the dior 21cm jeans fit in comparison to the nudie AJ's? I measured my Aj's in size 32 and they look to be about the same as the 21cms in 31. Is this correct, or are these jeans totally different fits? Thanks.

4. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

What jeans are recommended for Pre-distressed denim? I'm looking for a pair of lighter colored jeans (preferably sub-$100?)

The best/most realistic pre-distressed is RRL. A lot of times you can get it for cheap at Ralph Lauren outlets or ebay.

I'm pretty picky when it comes to this stuff. Acne has some washes that look cool, but are not super realistic. The only other really good one I've seen is the Nudie Lab's, but those are done by hand and are $750.

5. mimesis

mimesis Well-Known Member

Yes, there is a lot of room. I'm not sure i could have sized down again due to the thighs fitting pretty tight.

6. breakz

breakz Senior member

Yes, there is a lot of room. I'm not sure i could have sized down again due to the thighs fitting pretty tight.

Hmm. Well the standard response here is "omg you messed up get some APC NSes sized down 2."

If you want to keep them (which I'm sure you do), wear them with a belt. When you wash them, keep wearing them with a belt. Keeps the waist from stretching. The top block will inevitably stretch, since that's where most of the stress is applied.

7. pokey07

pokey07 Senior member

The best/most realistic pre-distressed is RRL. A lot of times you can get it for cheap at Ralph Lauren outlets or ebay.

I'm pretty picky when it comes to this stuff. Acne has some washes that look cool, but are not super realistic. The only other really good one I've seen is the Nudie Lab's, but those are done by hand and are $750.

Alright thank you. I'll have to take a drive to Woodbury after work this week and see if they have any RRL there.

8. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

I noticed my APC NS says "Made in Macau" on the black waistband tag, but the care tag has a "A.P.C. Japan". Does this mean the denim is from Japan?

9. warrengharding

warrengharding Well-Known Member

Critique the fit of these Dry Bones I got from self edge please. Does it look like I got a good size? Does the stacking look ok or should I get them hemmed a bit?

Front:
    [​IMG]

Back:
    [​IMG]

10. djs488

djs488 Senior member

I would definately hem. Those jeans aren't quite slim enough to justify so much excess denim. Fit looks good though.

11. mattb-15

mattb-15 New Member

Nudie Bootcut Barry vs 5EP LDB

Hello, this is my first post - I just tried on a pair of Nudie Bootcut Barry, which fit great, but I am also hankering after a pair of 5EP LDB, probably in Dry. As I'm in London, there is nowhere that sells 5EP, so I need to ask the experts. I wear a 32 x 32 in Regular Ralf, and am after a slimmer fit with a slight bootcut. How does the Bootcut Barry compare with the LDB in your opinion? Any and all ideas etc gratefully received. Many thanks in advance...

12. skate4nc

skate4nc Member

I can't imagine the fit being different because of color but they fit pretty TTS. I went with my normal waist but probably could have sized down one or two to account for stretching.

Denim's fine, pretty rigid, and the construction seems better than that you're paying for.

I just bought a pair of these and was wondering how long they will take to stretch. should i just be wearing them around the house for a while until they stretch out?

13. chiral

chiral Senior member

Critique the fit of these Dry Bones I got from self edge please. Does it look like I got a good size? Does the stacking look ok or should I get them hemmed a bit?

Which ones are these? The red-ds?

I agree with the above that theyre a bit too wide for that much stacking, so some hemming seems to be in order.

14. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I just bought a pair of these and was wondering how long they will take to stretch. should i just be wearing them around the house for a while until they stretch out?
    8-10 wears.

15. warrengharding

warrengharding Well-Known Member

Red-ds, the hem is about 7.5". I thought that would be small enough for stacking?