I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. thisistodd

thisistodd Member

Im about to buy my first pair of apcs or raw jeans at all for that matter. I've been reading alot about them but I keep hearing stacks. and fading in the stacks. and not hemming them for that.

Sorry for the stupid question but what are stacks?? and is there anything else i should know before i buy them?

2. Mushroom77

Mushroom77 Senior member

Picked up a pair of Nudie Regular Alf in Dry Selvage today (bootcut unfortunately, but very reduced). Soak first? I sized down two so they'd stretch out properly.

3. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Sorry for the stupid question but what are stacks?? and is there anything else i should know before i buy them?
    Its when jeans have a long enough inseam and small enough hem that they bunch up (stack) at your shoes. For your other question, see this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=68358

4. Homme

Homme Senior member

^ Nudies are sanforized, no need for the soak. Just start wearing them, they'll stretch out in the waist and become super comfortable.

5. Mushroom77

Mushroom77 Senior member

Ahh awesome, that's what I thought. My wallet hates Style Forum now, ah well.

6. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

My wallet hates Style Forum now, ah well.

+1000

7. gdc_2008

gdc_2008 Senior member

Trying to decide if I got the right size of Iron Hearts...the waist has really stretched out, so I'm thinking I should have sized down one. I bought them used, so its not a huge deal. What say you? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. DBoon

DBoon Senior member

seems OK, and very worn in for Iron Hearts...so if this wear was done by you then obviously you've lived with it for a long time

9. Sigmatic

Sigmatic Senior member

^^ they look pretty good to me as they balance your upper body well. the back pic really shows off what i hated about my IH - the back pockets are really spread out and can make your ass look wide. if they've never been washed, you might want to do that as they'll shrink up some.

FYI, FFR: it's really hard to see the silhouette when you're standing in front of something that's as dark as the jeans....

10. Tangfastic

Tangfastic Senior member

Anyone got measurements (waist, front rise, thigh, knee, hem) for acne max cash in 31 and 32?

11. gdc_2008

gdc_2008 Senior member

seems OK, and very worn in for Iron Hearts...so if this wear was done by you then obviously you've lived with it for a long time

Not really done by me, only had the a couple weeks....though I think some of that came out when I washed them right after getting them.

^^ they look pretty good to me as they balance your upper body well. the back pic really shows off what i hated about my IH - the back pockets are really spread out and can make your ass look wide. if they've never been washed, you might want to do that as they'll shrink up some.

FYI, FFR: it's really hard to see the silhouette when you're standing in front of something that's as dark as the jeans....

Thanks, they didn't shrink much when washed...though I hung them to dry. Maybe I'll throw them in the dryer next time.

I realized the dark backdrop after I took the photos [​IMG]

Thanks for the advice...I still think they are a size too big...but with a belt they work fine.

12. Tourangh

Tourangh Senior member

I was looking at the 3 APC fits thy have at denimbaronline. All 3 of these seem to be tighter than a Nudie Regular Alf. Is this true?
    Basically what I am looking for is a Boot Cut Ola type fit but since I hear they are bad quality I am going to stay away from them.
    Any tips on a good fit from a certain brand?
    Also this would be my first pair of Raw Denim so I would like to stay away from a Japanese brand since they seem they are more for experienced raw denim users.

13. Asch

Asch Senior member

the back pic really shows off what i hated about my IH - the back pockets are really spread out and can make your ass look wide.
    Yeah, my IHs don't look that wide in the back, but it is frustrating how many denim brands space their rear pockets so far apart. I've found that Flathead's pocket placement is ideal for those who wear their jeans at normal height, on the hips, and aren't going for the saggy-diaper look.

14. bach

bach Senior member

copied from the ask a question, get an answer thread because i'm impatient and i should have posted it here in the first place because it's about jeans.

i have two questions regarding gap's unwashed jeans-

1. should i have sized down at all, or is stretching peculiar to higher end denim only?

2. i like the stiff feel of my APCs; is there anything i can do to make my gap jeans feel the same? would starching them do anything?

15. TJS1589

TJS1589 Senior member

I bought some gap jeans about a month or 2 ago. Not much stretching has happened. Which ones did you get?