1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. clarity

clarity Senior member

Premo just get one pair for now, make sure it will fit great and all that. Then say 5-6 months down the line when it's well broken in with some fading going on you could get another pair. That way you have your worn in pair and the fresh looking pair for different looks and outfits. If you get a bunch of jeans right now then it will take ages for them to all fade in and you will likely find one pair you like the most and neglect the rest.

2. premo

premo Senior member

That's the thing I don't quite get... I'd wear these jeans 4 to 5 days a week without ever washing them... what happens if someone - like last night - spills a beer on me? How do you deal with odor? I generally smell good but after a month of wearing them all them time I'm guessing they aren't going to smell as fresh as the first few times...

Oh and thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Nevermind, I got it. Soak or freeze will do the trick.

3. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

Jesus, I just got a pair of 31x34 KMW 1980s and I can't freaking believe how small they are. I wear the same size in 5EPxSF and they're fine. Really slim, but fine. I can't even get these within two inches of buttoning!

4. heyheyhey

heyheyhey Senior member

Real quick denim question here. I was thinking of buying a pair of Good Society Raw straight legs from Loose Change on the FS threads.

Is Good Society a good brand? I'd heard of them, but everybody seems to wear APC's.

5. prozach1576

Has anyone ever bought a pair of jeans that was incorrectly tagged from the factory? The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that there's something up with the aforementioned 1980s. Unfortunately I already put them in the mail for exchange so I can't take measurements. But I wear 31s in 5EPxSF and had no problem buttoning them when I first got them. Same goes for 29 New Standards. Yet these 31 1980s, like I said, were barely within two inches of buttoning with my gut sucked in as far as it goes and pulling as hard as I could. That can't be right, can it?

6. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

sizing is very different between brands.

7. prozach1576

sizing is very different between brands.

That was my first thought, but this seems dramatically worse that any other variance I've experienced between brands. Again, I'm talking 2+ inches less in the waist than new 31 5EPs and 29 New Standards. I just have a hard time chalking that up to brand variance.

The reason I worry is that I requested 33s in exchange from Revolve and if these 31s are in fact "off" then the 33s are going to be waaaay too big for me.

8. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Jesus, I just got a pair of 31x34 KMW 1980s and I can't freaking believe how small they are. I wear the same size in 5EPxSF and they're fine. Really slim, but fine. I can't even get these within two inches of buttoning!

Mine stretched out ~3in iirc

9. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

is there somewhere i can try on the rb11s in nyc?

10. prozach1576

Mine stretched out ~3in iirc

Really? I've been told that they don't stretch much at all.

11. StarterStyle

StarterStyle Senior member

I just got a pair of Polo Ralph Lauren 381s in a sort of precrumpled raw state. The denim is thick and of medium stiffness. Does anyone know anything about these jeans?

12. Mushroom77

Mushroom77 Senior member

What does the "dirt organic" in "Grim Trim Dry Dirt Organic" refer to? It wouldn't be organic indigo, would it?

13. whodini

whodini Senior member

What does the "dirt organic" in "Grim Trim Dry Dirt Organic" refer to? It wouldn't be organic indigo, would it?
    Cotton.

14. Torn

Torn Well-Known Member

lee 101b gold label, i'm thinking size down 2 like rescues?

edit - nevermind, answered my own question

Anyone know the answer to this? 101Bs are on sale on the Lee website for 50 bucks. I have no idea how they fit, but they look biggish.

15. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

What jeans are comparable to APC NS in terms of general fit? As my 30x34 NS are getting lighter, I'd like to pick up another pair of dark raw denim jeans, but would like to know which styles from brands such as Samurai, KMW, Nudie, 5EP, PBJ, etc. would be somewhat similar. That is, I'm looking for slim but not skinny, medium-rise jeans. Thanks!

16. clarity

clarity Senior member

I believe Dior 21cm is based off the NS.

17. Teger

Teger Senior member

Just blindly bought some Rag & Bone 15s. Hopefully they turn out ok!

18. kit99bar

kit99bar Senior member

I think Nudie Even Steven is close (grim tim maybe but that is probably much skinner)

What jeans are comparable to APC NS in terms of general fit? As my 30x34 NS are getting lighter, I'd like to pick up another pair of dark raw denim jeans, but would like to know which styles from brands such as Samurai, KMW, Nudie, 5EP, PBJ, etc. would be somewhat similar. That is, I'm looking for slim but not skinny, medium-rise jeans. Thanks!

19. photofabix

photofabix Senior member

I'm looking for:
    - Something that isn't super skinny, as my thighs measure 21" (waist 35") I think they would be pretty skin tight.
    - Comfortable with out looking to loose and baggy
    - Lastly something under $70 if possible I plan on dropping at least another 2 pant sizes within the next 6 months.

I tried some 501 Preshrunk's tonight size 36, the legs are about right, and if the waist doesn't stretch much, they could work. I tired the 35" Waist and the legs were just to tight feeling.

Any other suggestions? Thanks

20. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Really? I've been told that they don't stretch much at all.

Might be a-typical because I skate in them nearly daily (with belt) but it IS possible lol