I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. FiveFiveFive

FiveFiveFive Senior member

Looking for jeans a little slimmer than APC NS. <USD300, please?

I'd go with kmw 1980 ($270), RRL slim ($210), Simon Milller ($190), or APC petit standard ($155).

I was looking for the same thing as you, because I found the new standard a tad loose. I'm leaning toward getting the Simon Millers.

I'd avoid the new cures if you have any kind of calves. They were way too tight for me.

2. pridecake

pridecake Senior member

i'd like to take the plunge and get some nice japanese denim. I was really eyeing the flatheads because of their awesome fading, but I want to be sure of the fit first. I have some APC rescues that I love the fit of with a nice full leg(I have big thighs), and I wanted to know if there are any flathead models with similar cuts to the rescues. Or should I look into Samurais or SDA's instead? Thanks

3. pokey07

pokey07 Senior member

I need help! I've been wearing my Nudie RRDS for about 7 months now. I'm looking for a new pair of jeans to add to the collection though. I just want to make sure I'm going to get something that fits similar to the RRDS because I think they fit perfectly for my body type. Any help is appreciated!

4. dual

dual Member

Does anyone know what brand of jeans has this pocket? Sorry for the bad illustration. [​IMG]

5. davo10375

davo10375 Senior member

What places can I find brands such as flat head, APC, Acne Jeans, Samurai and other high quality raw denim in;
    - New York
    - Las Vegas
    - Los Angeles
    - Boston

Any outlet places or anything?

6. Dekayte

Dekayte Senior member

What places can I find brands such as flat head, APC, Acne Jeans, Samurai and other high quality raw denim in;
    - New York
    - Las Vegas
    - Los Angeles
    - Boston

Any outlet places or anything?

A.P.C. MEN & WOMEN, MAGASIN GENERAL
    619 North Croft Avenue - West Hollywood, CA 90048
    T + 1 323 297 04 14

A.P.C. MEN & WOMEN, MAGASIN GENERAL
    131 Mercer Street - New York, NYC 10012
    T + 1 212 966 96 85

Acne is carried by Barneys, Neimans, and other nice retail stores.

7. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

The only store that sells Samurai in America is Blue in Green in NYC. Also carry a number of other Japanese brands (many of which are exclusive to them). Also may want to check out 45rpm.

Opening Ceremony in NYC has an Acne store

You won't find Flathead in any of the cities you mentioned, its exclusive to Self Edge in San Francisco.

Vegas doesn't have much for shopping, there's a Barney's NY and a Dior Homme, both of which you'll find in LA/NY.

8. pokey07

pokey07 Senior member

Where can I find RRL jeans? The only ones I found on ebay were pretty huge. (I'm looking for the bootcut model)

9. dnk024

dnk024 Well-Known Member

ok..i have sort of a problem..i'm usually a 31 in most jeans..and when i went to buy Nudie Avg Joes..i couldn't fit the 29 because it was too tight all around and when i tried a 30 it was still tight but gave a little more room for my thighs..so i went with the 30..did i make the wrong choice?

10. xchen

xchen Senior member

I've got some RRL bootcuts up in the Buying &amp; Selling forum. I got em yesterday in the mail from another member. They are brand new but don't fit so check it out, they might be your size.

11. davo10375

davo10375 Senior member

thanks for all the shop recomendations,

Now I just have to chose what jeans I'll want, heh. Only going to America in 6 months or so, so I got some time to decide; I've already got some nudie grim tims and like them alot, want to buy another pair of raw denim so I can get some sort of rotation going.

What would you guys reccomend for less than 200? Is there any notable benefits of APC of Nudie? Or should I be looking for a "different" type of raw denim? Just throw some brands out there... looking for a slimmish cut. Thanks

12. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

ok..i have sort of a problem..i'm usually a 31 in most jeans..and when i went to buy Nudie Avg Joes..i couldn't fit the 29 because it was too tight all around and when i tried a 30 it was still tight but gave a little more room for my thighs..so i went with the 30..did i make the wrong choice?

Sizing down tends to be fine when the waist is the issue, it tends to not work out too well when its the thighs. Anyway, you have them so you're the only one that knows whether you messed up or not :p

13. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

I need a recommendation for some lightweight (less than 13oz preferably around 11) raw , straight leg jeans that arent too slim... for the summer heat and cause im living down in the sub tropics nowadays.

14. adelphi

adelphi Senior member

15. chiral

chiral Senior member

I need a recommendation for some lightweight (less than 13oz preferably around 11) raw , straight leg jeans that arent too slim... for the summer heat and cause im living down in the sub tropics nowadays.

If you can find them on sale, the Rogan cannon raw selvedge jeans I have are pretty nice. Straight leg, but pretty relaxed (9.5" opening on a tagged 36), raw selvedge, and fairly lightweight.

I got my pair last year at Stel's, and I regret paying full price for them as I hardly ever wear them, but perhaps on sale they would be a better deal.