I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

I'm looking to buy a new pair of jeans sometime soon, but I really want to take my time and do some research. Here's what I want:

- Slim-fitting straight leg (I can deal with some slight tapering)
    - Preferably no orange stitch (some is tolerable)
    - Low rise (nothing too crazy but I usually wear my jeans a little lower on my hips and mid-high rise jeans look terrible one me)

I already have a pair of Sling&Stones Davids and Pure Blue Japan xx-005s, and I like the way they fit.

If you like the Slings&Stones check out Good Society. It's pretty cheap for what they are and was started by one of the same guys from Slings&Stones.

2. Sigmatic

Sigmatic Senior member

I'm looking to buy a new pair of jeans sometime soon, but I really want to take my time and do some research. Here's what I want:

- Slim-fitting straight leg (I can deal with some slight tapering)
    - Preferably no orange stitch (some is tolerable)
    - Low rise (nothing too crazy but I usually wear my jeans a little lower on my hips and mid-high rise jeans look terrible one me)

I already have a pair of Sling&Stones Davids and Pure Blue Japan xx-005s, and I like the way they fit. I've looked up some things on my own and it looks like Somet 003s might be a good choice. I've also looked at KMW 1980s, but I'm not really sure how low-rise those are. Anyone with experience with either one of these? Any other suggestions that fit the above criteria? It'd be very much appreciated!

check out the FlatHead F310 and the NomDeGuerre Classic fit

3. will1am

will1am Member

Im 100% sure this has been asked, but, here I go

Im looking at APC's and normally wear a 30" waist, what size should I get if I want them to fit a true'r 30 than shrinking in the wash (i know you dont wash them that much)?

4. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Im 100% sure this has been asked, but, here I go

Im looking at APC's and normally wear a 30" waist, what size should I get if I want them to fit a true'r 30 than shrinking in the wash (i know you dont wash them that much)?

Which APC's? NS? Cure? Rescue? NS=You'll want to get a size 28.

5. Musselma

Musselma Senior member

i bought some uniqlo jeans from a member here but they are too tight in the waist. i tried wearing them to stretch out but the ball pain is too intense. is there anything I can do, even alteration, to make the waist bigger? there probably isnt but it doesnt hurt to ask.

Cold soak them and put them on while they're damp and they'll stretch quickly, if you don't mind giving them a soak.

6. Johnny Amiga

Johnny Amiga Senior member

Already posted this in the quick questions thread, but I guess this thread suits this question better. So, anyone here know how Uniqlo selvage jeans fit? True to size or vanity sized like APC and the like? Do I need to size down or not?

And in general are they a good purchase at about 70 dollars?

7. dyer maker

dyer maker New Member

Well search isn't much help since is doesn't take numbers into account searching for 559's but..

Im really picky when shopping for jeans. Im a slim dude with even slimmer legs. Dont like the tight jeans look or showing off my unwanted genetics [​IMG] Anyways levis 559 relaxed staight are so far the only jeans i have ever found i kind of like. Any other recommendations of simular fits where its loose at the thighs, straight leg but in no way tight or baggy.

Seems like alot of ppl dig apc so i was looking into those but no clue if it fits my discription i listed. Im also scared to spend 150 on jeans i cant try on first [​IMG]

thanks!

8. Serg

Serg Senior member

KMW 1980's are mid-low rise. Overall the jean cut looks good on everyone.

9. Serg

Serg Senior member

Well search isn't much help since is doesn't take numbers into account searching for 559's but..

Im really picky when shopping for jeans. Im a slim dude with even slimmer legs. Dont like the tight jeans look or showing off my unwanted genetics [​IMG] Anyways levis 559 relaxed staight are so far the only jeans i have ever found i kind of like. Any other recommendations of simular fits where its loose at the thighs, straight leg but in no way tight or baggy.

Seems like alot of ppl dig apc so i was looking into those but no clue if it fits my discription i listed. Im also scared to spend 150 on jeans i cant try on first [​IMG]

thanks!

Go measure your waste 2 inchs bellow belly button and -3 inchs for that = your apc size. It will fit great after breaking in.

10. calbee

calbee Well-Known Member

If you like the Levi's 559 cut I'd suggest going with a 1937 re-issue LEVI'S LVC jean...

11. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Already posted this in the quick questions thread, but I guess this thread suits this question better. So, anyone here know how Uniqlo selvage jeans fit? True to size or vanity sized like APC and the like? Do I need to size down or not?

And in general are they a good purchase at about 70 dollars?

Don't think they're vanity sized. You can run a search on ebay for them as many people are selling them and I've seen a few measurements posted. Several people on here own them and are quite happy with their pairs.

12. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I tried them on true to size in Japan, and they fit good in the waist. The ones I tried were fairly slim in the thighs, and they were pink, haha.

13. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

anybody know anything about nudie's iron denim (i'm not sure if its a wash or fabric, or a particular fabric/wash). it seems to be some sort of wash with very light distressing on the thighs - hard to notice, but its there.

i just picked up a pair of even steven's in "iron denim" through and wanted to know about other's experiences. every damn search i keep putting in keeps bringing up iron hearts and iron army.....

14. dyer maker

dyer maker New Member

KMW 1980's are mid-low rise. Overall the jean cut looks good on everyone.

If you like the Levi's 559 cut I'd suggest going with a 1937 re-issue LEVI'S LVC jean...

awesome, it gives me a start. Ill try the levis out, and possibly the KMW if i decide to comit to a nice pair of jeans

15. adelphi

adelphi Senior member

Looking for jeans a little slimmer than APC NS. <USD300, please?