I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

No, but it will obviously force u to give them a real wash immediately after wards.

2. Smokestack

Smokestack Senior member

Anyone have any experience as to the stretch or non-stretch of jean with inner waist lining like EG or Rag & Bone. Does that lining make a difference, one way or another?

3. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Anyone have any experience as to the stretch or non-stretch of jean with inner waist lining like EG or Rag & Bone. Does that lining make a difference, one way or another?
    Results vary. PG2G thinks that his RB has stretched like no other while I feel like my pairs of RB's have stretched minimally. YMMV.

4. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Actually, I don't think I had the RB long enough for them to stretch. I did have them cover my sneakers with indigo though :p

5. Smokestack

Smokestack Senior member

Thanks, guys. Any stretch or non-stretch experiences with the EG 12 oz. selvage out there?

6. FLO

FLO Member

I just received a pair of Dry 5EP LDB's from denimbar. They are really nice jeans but I have a couple of concerns. They are a little more aniti-fit in the seat than I am used to. I'm not sure if this is due to the stiffness of the denim. Will it become a little more form fitting as it the denim softens? The waist is about half an inch too big. On average how much more do they stretch? Other than that the thigh and legs fit exactly how I like it. How does the fit compare to Nudie's RRDS? Are the nudies a little more fitted on the seat?

7. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

If the waist isn't that tight, it won't stretch too much. You can counteract waist stretching with a snug belt.

They won't get any more fitted in the seat, but they will drape better and thus look better as they soften.

IIRC, RRDS has a lower rise than LDB, so yes, the Nudies are a little more fitted.

I would say keep the 5EP, as they are far superior to Nudie. In terms of fit, I'm starting to move away from a fitted look and wearing my stuff a little slouchier; don't let this forum and (especially) SuFu get you obsessed with tite pants. There's more than one way to make jeans look good.

8. deaddog

deaddog Senior member

Can anybody compare the fit of these two jeans - I have the RB1 and am looking to possibly buy the Acnes - without the opportunity to try them on.
    Thansk

9. TheNeal

TheNeal New Member

I'm a tall skinny dude.....
    (almost 6'2 , 145 lbs )

I usually wear 30 X 36 jeans ( if I can find it ) Right now my best fitting jeans that fit waist, length, and thigh wise are my pair of levi's 646 and 684. Though those took a long long long time to find. I am just wondering what brands provide this size ( 30 X 36 ) besides having to look at horrible wranglers and the such?

I am up for anything, straight, slim, skinny, boot, flare. Anything that won't make me look like I'm wearing parachute pants or fall at my ankles. I just want some good denim that will actually fit me!

What brands would you recommend that can provide my size? Please tell me there are some out there!

10. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

I'm a tall skinny dude.....
    (almost 6'2 , 145 lbs )

I usually wear 30 X 36 jeans ( if I can find it ) Right now my best fitting jeans that fit waist, length, and thigh wise are my pair of levi's 646 and 684. Though those took a long long long time to find. I am just wondering what brands provide this size ( 30 X 36 ) besides having to look at horrible wranglers and the such?

I am up for anything, straight, slim, skinny, boot, flare. Anything that won't make me look like I'm wearing parachute pants or fall at my ankles. I just want some good denim that will actually fit me!

What brands would you recommend that can provide my size? Please tell me there are some out there!

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=276

plenty of inseam on those. and slim fitting too

11. sherwin

sherwin Senior member

i bought some uniqlo jeans from a member here but they are too tight in the waist. i tried wearing them to stretch out but the ball pain is too intense. is there anything I can do, even alteration, to make the waist bigger? there probably isnt but it doesnt hurt to ask.

12. dubya01

dubya01 Member

Hi guys, newbie here. I'm looking to buy my first pair of dry denim, and am looking at the nudie rrds. My size normally is 31x30, so what size should. I don't want them to be too tight, and to look like these in terms of size and color: [​IMG] What size should I get? 30 or 31 in waist, or something else? And length? 34 or 32?

13. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

1. with enough material already there, a tailor can take them out. Though I suspect that's not the case with your jeans.

2. you can buy waist stetchers (or make one) and I'd imagine that putting one of those stretchers on damp denim would stretch them like no one's business.

3. Buy a pair of APCs and regret the day you ever complained about tight jeans.

14. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Hi guys, newbie here. I'm looking to buy my first pair of dry denim, and am looking at the nudie rrds. My size normally is 31x30, so what size should. I don't want them to be too tight, and to look like these in terms of size and color:

[​IMG]

What size should I get? 30 or 31 in waist, or something else? And length? 34 or 32?

Well, since that's the fit you want and it's a pic of Ryan from Context, you could e-mail them and ask what size he was and what he got.

15. fosho78

fosho78 Senior member

I'm looking to buy a new pair of jeans sometime soon, but I really want to take my time and do some research. Here's what I want:

- Slim-fitting straight leg (I can deal with some slight tapering)
    - Preferably no orange stitch (some is tolerable)
    - Low rise (nothing too crazy but I usually wear my jeans a little lower on my hips and mid-high rise jeans look terrible one me)

I already have a pair of Sling&Stones Davids and Pure Blue Japan xx-005s, and I like the way they fit. I've looked up some things on my own and it looks like Somet 003s might be a good choice. I've also looked at KMW 1980s, but I'm not really sure how low-rise those are. Anyone with experience with either one of these? Any other suggestions that fit the above criteria? It'd be very much appreciated!