1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. dunks94

dunks94 Well-Known Member

how do I size on n&f x momo skinny guy collabs?

I'm a 31'' TTS, a 29 in APC NS, and a 29 in wg's (didn't like fit too much)

is -1 on skinny guy's okay?

or will I not have children?

2. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Yes, with your measurements, I would get a 30 in that particular model.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  3. ToledoStyle

ToledoStyle Senior member

4. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

Generally, I noticed that in terms of price, 3sixteen > Nudie > Naked & Famous. Would you rank their general quality in the same order?

5. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

I would love to try some 3sixteens...but I have enough denim to last me like 2 years, lol.

6. Xhale12

Xhale12 Senior member

I have a pair of 400$ jeans that I have been wearing for a month now. However the have stretched alot and are now too big around the thighs and leg. Can a tailor fix this or do they only shorten jeans?

7. BuffaloWang

BuffaloWang Senior member

Comment on jeans only. Took these shoes to show how my jeans look with mid/high shoes.
    Would you guys fix this? And if so, how? Just take to tailor to close the leg opening?

[​IMG]

8. whodini

whodini Senior member

Don't take 3Sixteen's $300 models as their only offerings worth mentioning. I like the 3Sixteen guys a lot and I'm not trying to bash their product but I think there's just way too much competition around that price level to make them worth while. Their sub-$200 jeans make more sense. With that, Nudie is often more expensive than 3Six, especially when you get into their selvage goods (which aren't worth the price at all). N&F is a trade off: you get great fabric but construction and sometimes details that are average at best, if that. I'd put 3six>N&F>Nudie overall but N&F does have good collabs for great denim, it's just a shame that there are so many other issues at hand.

Aren't you the same dude with that 20 page thread? FFS, the legs are too long so they bunch. Stop trolling.

9. mrstarks

mrstarks Senior member

What do you guys think of Denim Demon. I have always wanted to try it out. What is the opinon on this particular Bahha Lennart cut.

10. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

I am thinking of buying LVC 1947 in size 33. I need a waist of 32.5-33 after shrinkage and stretching. As I understand the shrinkage is supposed to be 2 inches and IME jeans can easily stretch 2 inches.

Any thoughts ? For reference, I recently got a pair of Left Field in 32 which are supposed to have a waist of 31.5 and are now 33. They are the pre shrunk ones.

Thanks for your help.

11. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Just got a mail from the store and the measurements of the size 33 are

Waist - 16.5"
    Front Rise- 13"
    Back Rise- 14.75"
    Thigh- 11.25"
    Knee- 8.5"
    Leg Opening- 8.5"
    Inseam- 34"

I think they might have measured the back rise differently. I expected a higher back rise measurement especially since the front rise is 13"

12. whodini

whodini Senior member

The front rise looks way high to me, even in its unwashed condition; it's usually just north of 11". The back rise should be higher as well. I'd email another store if I were you or just call one of the Levi's stores that carries LVC to do it for you.

From what I remember about the '47s, people tend to size up so a 33 should work for you.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  13. drdestiny

drdestiny Member

I'm about to pick up a pair of Margiela jeans, Italian waist size 44, for only $38. I know that is too small, but anyone know how much they stretch? Should I pick it up if my Naked and Famous/Uniqlo waist size is 30?

14. Christobevii3

Christobevii3 Senior member

What jeans? You could always hot soak them again?

15. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Thanks for your reply.

I think they measured the front and back rise withe the waist aligned and without regarding for the seam

16. dunks94

dunks94 Well-Known Member

how much stretching should I expect in the thigh of a considerably skinny jean?

(the momo x nf skinny guys sized -1)

17. whodini

whodini Senior member

Thighs don't stretch much. People perceive that they do because the waist stretches out and their jeans start to be worn lower than before.

18. A.Rhyming.Ape

A.Rhyming.Ape Member

I just bought my first pair of raw selvedge jeans. Unbranded Indigo Tapered sold by Urban Outfitters.

Seriously confused about what to do now. Do I have to put them on and get in a tub full of water? Should I just start wearing them as they are? Do I have to machine wash them once first?

It was a bitch to get them on. Will they get looser with time? I bought size 33 and they fit my thighs tight but I my waist loose. Also the rise is very high.

19. A.Rhyming.Ape

A.Rhyming.Ape Member

I just bought my first pair of raw selvedge jeans. Unbranded Indigo Tapered sold by Urban Outfitters.

Seriously confused about what to do now. Do I have to put them on and get in a tub full of water? Should I just start wearing them as they are? Do I have to machine wash them once first?

It was a bitch to get them on. Will they get looser with time? I bought size 33 and they fit my thighs tight but I my waist loose. Also the rise is very high.

20. d-nice

d-nice Senior member

if they fit, wear them. if not, take them back. they will loosen the more you wear them. don't mess around soaking them or anything. don't machine wash them. just wear them a lot and they will get broken in.