1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. kontai69

kontai69 Senior member

As for Nudies, I get mine from http://www.tobi.com/men/nudie-jeans/jeans
    They are often marked down on that site. You can often find coupon codes and get a discount that way also.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  2. kontai69

kontai69 Senior member

double post

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  3. dunks94

dunks94 Well-Known Member

sizing on flathead bsps?

4. Christobevii3

Christobevii3 Senior member

What is probably the warmest denim out there now? I know iron heart had the flannel lined model a few years back, anything similar?

5. Maerhyl

Maerhyl Well-Known Member

Oh hell yeah, I definitely missed that!

6. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

I think n&f did a flannel lined denim last year. They also did a "snow pant" model.

7. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

don't know your built, but it's a SU1 for normal slim.

8. dunks94

dunks94 Well-Known Member

unsanforized denim in a lukewarm soak

I want to reduce the leg opening by about .5'' but I want to keep the inseam more or less the same. Tips?

9. whodini

whodini Senior member

That's just not going to happen unless you tailor your jeans and never wash them. Unsanforized is going to shrink a hell of a lot more than sanforized.

10. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

If you have extra length to spare on the inseam, you should be able to do that. You could probably even have the new hem chainstitched if you want, so long as you take the jeans to somewhere that does chainstitching.
    With soaking, it's not possible to shrink the leg opening without shrinking the inseam length. What causes the hem to shrink .5" during a soak will also cause the inseam to shrink about 2". The only way to keep the inseam length the same after a soak is to stretch it back out, but that will be a pain because the inseam will shrink up again every time the jeans get wet. If you don't want the inseam to shrink much, the only thing that you can do is to keep all of your soaks and washes cold. That will minimize the inseam shrinkage to 1" or less in most cases. But it won't reduce the leg opening .5", so you'd have to go to a tailor to get them tapered for that.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  11. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  12. commodorewheeler

When it is recommended to size up or down, it is generally in reference to your actual waist measurement, not your size in other jeans, since different brands of jeans can vary greatly in sizing. Measure your waist where your jeans sit, subtract 2 from that number, and that would be the recommended tag size of APCs for you.

13. shortbreadluver

shortbreadluver Well-Known Member

Looking for a N&F Skinny Guy / APC Petit Standard style cut (low rise, slim, tapered) but better quality denim. Suggestions?

14. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

s3xteens or w/e are similar in cut but better denim so i hear.

15. Xhale12

Xhale12 Senior member

Is there a general consensus around here on tapered vs straight legged jeans? Do you guys stick too one style or have multiple pairs of each?

16. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

the consensus is it depends on body type, aesthetic, and many other things.

17. commodorewheeler

I have multiple pairs of each. I wear the straight leg jeans with boots and larger shoes, and I wear the tapered leg ones when I wear dress shoes with a closed heel.

18. oilpit

oilpit Senior member

Are there any raw denim makers (besides Dry Bones) that still put a Levis style tag on the back pocket?

I know that technically it is against the law because Levis pressed charges and I also know that what DB puts on the back pocket isn't technically a tag, I just like some kine of color contrast/flare thing on the back pocket. Call me weird.

19. whodini

whodini Senior member

20. commodorewheeler

Most high end Japanese denim companies did before Levi's filed lawsuits against them. Samurai still uses a red tab on the back pocket of their jeans, but I can't think of any others from Japan that do so consistently. I know that Pace, a Swedish denim brand, uses a leather tab, and my memory tells me that WeSC uses a tab on their back pocket as well.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011