1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Bokkepoot

Bokkepoot Member

Exposed rivets are awful.

Co-sign on my work i can point out the signs where my edwin ed-35 scratched

2. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

They can be rough on whatever you sit on, but I kind of like the way exposed rivets look on certain types of jeans, and they are the strongest way to hold your patch pockets onto your pants. Plus, if you use dome rivets rather than the common nipple rivets on jeans, scratching stuff up that you sit on is much less of a problem.

3. entrero

entrero Senior member

I'm pretty sure Levi's figured that out...like 75 years ago. But time and time again, there's a demand for scratchy back pockets(e.g designer jeans).

When new members start professing on "little details like hidden rivets etc etc", I highly doubt their reasoning behind it..unlike regular posters. On cheep jeans with obvious construction issues the matter becomes even more laughable

4. kmistry

kmistry Member

Long story short my Jean Shop jeans ended up in the wash - losing that "sheen" that come from the rinse. Anyone know how to get it back?

5. commodorewheeler

Long story short my Jean Shop jeans ended up in the wash - losing that "sheen" that come from the rinse. Anyone know how to get it back?

I don't think there's any way of bringing that back. Maybe heavy starching and pressing, but I haven't tried that before.

6. ice86x

ice86x Senior member

Is there such thing as low rise slim fit raw denim similar to somet 008 that is <$200?

7. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

You could always hammer the exposed tip further onto the burr with the exposed rivets, and then they won't scratch.

8. trafficjam

trafficjam Senior member

I'm going to the beach this weekend, which opens up the possibility of an ocean soak. That said, the concept of an ocean soak sounds fucking stupid to me. Is it actually a thing worth doing?

9. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

I'm going to the beach this weekend, which opens up the possibility of an ocean soak. That said, the concept of an ocean soak sounds fucking stupid to me. Is it actually a thing worth doing?
    You will look like an idiot

10. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

^^^ HAHAHAHA

Alright, so I'm sure this has been answered about a dozen times on this thread already, but how do I keep my raws from bleeding onto just about everything I own? If I hot soak em, will that get rid of any dye transfer? Ideally I'd like to get to the point where I can wear a white button up tucked into my jeans and not have any indigo transfer. Eh?

11. commodorewheeler

^^^ HAHAHAHA

Alright, so I'm sure this has been answered about a dozen times on this thread already, but how do I keep my raws from bleeding onto just about everything I own? If I hot soak em, will that get rid of any dye transfer? Ideally I'd like to get to the point where I can wear a white button up tucked into my jeans and not have any indigo transfer. Eh?

Soaking will help, but with most jeans, it'll take a few soaks to get to the point where you want to be at.

12. trafficjam

trafficjam Senior member

You will look like an idiot
    Suspicions confirmed, thank you.

13. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

What are some jeans that fit like the apc ps but have a longer inseam? a higher rise would be awesome too, but the inseam is the main point of consideration.

14. Pinhas

Pinhas Senior member

How can I accelerate fades in raw denim? I have a pair of APC PS which I’ve been wearing for a little less than a year and I have real nice honeycombs and some wallet and phone fades, but Id like to get more going in the quad and hamstring area.

No washes and one cold soak; I know hot soaks will cause more indigo loss but I don’t want any shrinkage as they already quite snug.

Any suggestions?

15. entrero

entrero Senior member

What about a real wash?

16. Pinhas

Pinhas Senior member

What about a real wash?

What will be the best way to do that? Cold water with a bit of detergent and hang dry?

(if you mean from a cleanliness stand point I dry clean them once a month and freeze every week)

17. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

What will be the best way to do that? Cold water with a bit of detergent and hang dry? (if you mean from a cleanliness stand point I dry clean them once a month and freeze every week)
    Throw them into the dryer, the abrasion while wet will cause a lot of indigo loss, and any shrinkage can be stretched back out

18. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

I'm eyeing the black PBJ NC-005 jeans at BIG...anyone know how much these will stretch?

19. nemuine

nemuine Well-Known Member

20. commodorewheeler

I'm eyeing the black PBJ NC-005 jeans at BIG...anyone know how much these will stretch?

PBJs tend to stretch out about an inch or two in the waist, but I don't know for sure if their NC denim stretches the same as their other denims.

Going for my first pair of Samurais.

Any feedback on these? Seems like a steal for that price.

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=62

Those are a good deal. For premium denim men's jeans, sizes smaller than 28 waist tend to have much less demand and are more difficult to sell, that's probably why those are so cheap.