1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Distinguished Member

i never got the difference between APC New Standards and Original Standards...the pair of APCs i have are OS, i don't really notice anything different. The rise definitely isn't on the low side...

2. June

June Senior Member

Wow, he thinks the APC NS rise is too low????? [​IMG]
    Yeah... he's a weirdo. He bought size 27s, and even those have like a 10" rise, right? The first jeans that popped in my head were Imperial Dukes, though. I dunno where to find regular Standards.

3. folby

folby Member

So a friend of mine is looking for some new jeans and has some particular ideas about what he wants, so I figured I would ask you learned fellows.

He's looking for ethically manufactured jeans (that part is kind of key) that are going to last him a while. He likes darker denim, and therefore something that's going to stay dark. He likes a straight cut, and lastly, price is something of an issue. For example, he rather liked some Dry Bones stuff, but isn't willing to spend $260 on a pair of pants.

I apologize if that's too many things and he (and I) very much appreciate any member willing to put their denim knowledge to the issue here.

4. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

So a friend of mine is looking for some new jeans and has some particular ideas about what he wants, so I figured I would ask you learned fellows.

He's looking for ethically manufactured jeans (that part is kind of key) that are going to last him a while. He likes darker denim, and therefore something that's going to stay dark. He likes a straight cut, and lastly, price is something of an issue. For example, he rather liked some Dry Bones stuff, but isn't willing to spend $260 on a pair of pants.

I apologize if that's too many things and he (and I) very much appreciate any member willing to put their denim knowledge to the issue here.

Good Society (although on the same lines, Slings & Stones would be ideal).

5. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Distinguished Member

I'm going to have to second Whodini. I was really impressed with Good Society when I tried them on at Denim Bar. Inexpensive, Selvage, Organic Cotton and, I believe, made in Japan. Also I think they donate a portion of every sale to charity, hence the "Good Society" name. My bank accounts a little light right now, but as soon as it picks up I'm going to cop a pair from Mauro.

Also I like my Nudie Organic Slim Jim's and I believe Nudie donates a small portion of each sale to Amnesty International. Nudie also has the highest possible standards for factories and workers.

6. brotherleader

brotherleader Well-Known Member

7. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Distinguished Member

I am thinking about taking the plunge and buy a pair of Dior Homme 21cm MIJ Indigos and I was wondering how to size them. I wear a 34 usually (kinda baggy) and a 32 in APC NS, should I be sizing up or down for Dior?

8. robba

robba Well-Known Member

what do guys mean by "knee bulge"?

9. buttonman

buttonman Senior Member

search it up. it's been explained pretty frequently.

10. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I am thinking about taking the plunge and buy a pair of Dior Homme 21cm MIJ Indigos and I was wondering how to size them. I wear a 34 usually (kinda baggy) and a 32 in APC NS, should I be sizing up or down for Dior?

someone in the buy&sell forum is selling 32 diors

11. TransparentCranium

TransparentCranium Senior Member

I personally want a slight baggy fit when I go ahead and buy my diors so I'll be getting a 28 (true to my waist size.) I've seen good results with sizing down one, but not so much with 2. (Although I'm going off memory. http://supertalk.superfuture.com/showthread.php?t=23121 http://supertalk.superfuture.com/showthread.php?t=16289

12. Sherman90

Sherman90 Distinguished Member

I've got a pair of Acne Ravens. They are too tight for comfort, but they zip up all the way. I'm wondering if I can expect them to stretch at all, or whether I should just go ahead and sell them.

Thanks.

13. VINSON

VINSON Well-Known Member

Does anyone ever only soak the legs of the jeans? (to preserve the thighs)

Question was at the end of the page so it is likely everyone missed it

14. PG2G

PG2G Distinguished Member

Question was at the end of the page so it is likely everyone missed it

Doesn't sound very practical.... what happens when they need a wash?

15. datasupa

datasupa Senior Member

what do guys mean by "knee bulge"?

search it up. it's been explained pretty frequently.

Hey buttonman, button it up. This thread is intended for noobish questions.

Knee bulge is when the knee area (usually on skinny jeans) stretches out when you bend your leg, and annoyingly stays poofed out when you straighten out again. Note: there is nothing you can do about it.