1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. bonanz

bonanz Well-Known Member

can anyone recommend a high rise jean slim fit that tapers below the knee? like close to 811's, but that taper down from the knee slightly

2. 1up

1up Senior member

what jean fits similar to a nudie black wax slim jim but is more tapered at the leg? Acne maybe?

3. lonrluver

lonrluver Member

i have sz 28 apcs ncs. can i wear them to a size 32? and if so, how long will it take?

4. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

can anyone recommend a high rise jean slim fit that tapers below the knee? like close to 811's, but that taper down from the knee slightly
    Imperial "Shearer", Nudie "High Kai", Samurai 710, Fullcount 0105 [SD2], Sugarcane 1955 "Stovepipe".

5. mrbrad

mrbrad Active Member

edit for stupidity

6. bonanz

bonanz Well-Known Member

Imperial "Shearer", Nudie "High Kai", Samurai 710, Fullcount 0105 [SD2], Sugarcane 1955 "Stovepipe".

thank you for the good suggestions.

7. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Hitting up context to get some Nudie Grim Tim's soon. Also planning on getting some Levi's 501's and Momotaro's in the near future.

How do all of these fade? I thought Nudies were like noted for their fades, but suck because of crotch blowouts. That accurate?

I don't know much about the 501's but they're cheaper and look good/quality, and would be good to have as jeans to get dirty in.

What style Momotaro's should I check out?

I'm kind of short (5'7) and have really stumpy legs hahaha. Check out this post for pics.

8. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

Hey all:

I currently have in my rotation: Nudie Slim Jim Indigo wash, Nudie Slim Jim Medium Wash, RRL Selvadge (Once washed).

Instructions on the selvadge says "wash cold" but my Nudies both say "wash at hot (40 D celsius). Why the difference b/w the 2?

9. D32169

D32169 Member

I soaked my Flathead 310s in cold water and they shrunk as expected. I then soaked my Edwin raw slim buckle in cold water and they EXPANDED. Anyone know why?

10. filcol

filcol Senior member

11. dunelly

dunelly Senior member

levi 511 style cut with 10.5" front rise in a 28 waist?

12. poorman

poorman Senior member

I have a pair of the Levi's 501 x J. Crew in the Indigo Ridge wash.
    It is pre-distressed: Slight fading around knee, and honeycombs.

Only problem is MY KNEE ISN'T THAT LOW!

Is there a chance I can shrink the inseam "up?"

13. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

i have sz 28 apcs ncs. can i wear them to a size 32? and if so, how long will it take?

yes thats exactly what size they stretch to, mine measure 16" laid flat. Wear them hard for a few weeks.

14. babump

babump Senior member

@IIIrd Icon- I looked into the PBJ xx-011's and saw some worn in pictures over at Sufu, and the grey weft has a very nice unique fade characteristic to it that I really liked. I ordered online from Blue in Green. Thanks for the recommendation, can't wait to see how they fit.

15. Solidarity

Solidarity New Member

How about some recommendations for American-made straight-leg loose-fitting jeans with a 12" Front-Rise & 19-20" Hem/Leg Opening? 34" Waist & 33-34" Inseam after shrinkage/stretch?

Got some RRL Straight-Leg jeans on the way, but how about in the LVC line-up or others?

Thanks people.

16. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

^try some Sugarcane & Stronghold jeans.

@IIIrd Icon- I looked into the PBJ xx-011's and saw some worn in pictures over at Sufu, and the grey weft has a very nice unique fade characteristic to it that I really liked. I ordered online from Blue in Green. Thanks for the recommendation, can't wait to see how they fit.
    yea, i've seen a well worn pair @BiG__ really awesome. btw, you need to SD1 on these.

17. corn

corn New Member

I was shopping on portland today and i came across an interesting pair of selvedge jeans. Does anyone know anything about undefeated denim?
    I saw a pair of these at the Compound for $98 http://www.denimology.com/2010/08/un...edge_jeans.php

An interesting thing i noticed about them was that they had a zipper fly instead of button fly, which i've never seen before.

18. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

^common misconception is that selvedge denim is better quality. selvedge [alone] does not constitute higher quality. on unknown brands [with no reps] where there isn't any kind of documentation to support performance, you need to bite the bullet & research/discover it yourself.

19. babump

babump Senior member

@IIrd Icon- Yup, I sized down 1 and ordered a size 32. My true waist size is a 33. I didn't request for a hem though (which I am now regretting), as I wasn't sure if I wanted to wear stacked or clean/cuffed.

20. doublemazaa

doublemazaa Well-Known Member

I got some rigid 514's from levi in 29 waist, and I feel like they're a bit too roomy in that regard. I tried 28 on but they were too tight.

Anyway, is there anyway I can shrink about half an inch out of the waist? The length is just about right as-is, but could probably stand some incremental shrinkage.

Advice?
    Thanks.