I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. LukeZZ

LukeZZ Well-Known Member

Thanks again roguetheory. Blue in Green does indeed have a good selection.

Do you know if it is possible to have the knee taken in slightly on straight cut jeans in order to create a bit of a boot cut look? I am still leaning towards the Somet low-rise in black, but sadly they dont seem to do boot cut.

2. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

I'm pretty sure BiG will only chainstitch to give them a shorter inseam. I don't believe they do any other alterations there. You would have to send them to Denim Doctors for anything else.

3. Schweino

Schweino Senior member

I haven't gotten a reply in the 514 thread so I'm asking again here: I often see the word "vert" with some Levi's 514s. I know it means "green" in French, but what is the deal with these particular 514s? Is the the longer back pocket maybe? [​IMG]

4. LukeZZ

LukeZZ Well-Known Member

Do all Somet jeans have the bizarre thigh darts? If so, I am still on the look out for a low-rise jean in raw black denim, preferably with a slim boot cut. Any ideas?

Thanks again,
    Luke

5. Flight Bird

Flight Bird Senior member

I haven't gotten a reply in the 514 thread so I'm asking again here:

I often see the word "vert" with some Levi's 514s. I know it means "green" in French, but what is the deal with these particular 514s? Is the the longer back pocket maybe?

[​IMG]

It could mean greencast.

6. Branches

Branches Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions roguetheory, but looking at measurements those two seem to sit a bit high.

I really like the fit and color of Somet 018 low rise but I wish they didn't narrow at the leg opening. I want them to sit comfortably over my shoe laces. Are there any similar cut & colored jeans out there but preferably with a slight boot-cut or at least straight?

I think APC hipsters are exactly what you are looking for. I called the New York store today and they told me that the hipsters have a low rise and subtle bootcut.

7. Schweino

Schweino Senior member

It could mean greencast.

Which means what? That they have a greenish hue or something?

8. LukeZZ

LukeZZ Well-Known Member

I think APC hipsters are exactly what you are looking for. I called the New York store today and they told me that the hipsters have a low rise and subtle bootcut.
    Thanks Branches! Those do sound like what I am looking for. I am slightly concerned that they are listed as a "women's" style - wonder if that means anything. I also wish they came in black. Anyone else make a similar style?

9. morox

morox Member

How can I tell when skinny jeans are too skinny?

I will post a picture when I get a chance, but:

I am 5'9" and 165-170 lbs and quite muscular (yes, I lift weights). I own a pair of black 511 Stretch (32" wasit) and when I first put them on, they were tight around my quads. After walking around all day in them, they stretched out and no longer feel tight. No part of the jeans now look tight around my skin, but I am still a bit self-conscious on whether or not they look dumb. Like I said, I will post a picture when I get a chance, but I am hoping I don't look ridiculou

10. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

regarding the Hipsters as a women's style--it used to be listed as unisex, from what I hear. I get compliments on mine. The rise is just kind of low, I guess. And yes, the leg opening is big--bigger than I want nowadays, but great for boots and such.

11. ddragovi

ddragovi Senior member

I'm hoping to find some APC jeans in the philly area, does anyone know a store that stocks them?

12. jamays00

jamays00 Well-Known Member

hey guys looking for some feedback on the fit of these 3 jeans. I am 6 ft 165lbs, should I stick with them or can you recommend a better fit?

naked & famous weird guys
    [​IMG]

naked & famous slim guys
    [​IMG]

levis 511
    [​IMG]

13. Branches

Branches Well-Known Member

LukeZZ, maybe RRL slim bootcuts are what you want.

14. Ossington

Ossington Active Member

Is it true, as prepidemic says, that the longer the inseam on a model of jeans, the narrower the leg will be for two pairs with the same waist size. I like the 501 STF, but would like it to be slimmer in the leg (i know there are other options $$$). I'd be looking for the longest inseam, hopefully 40. Has anyone done this?

15. Flight Bird

Flight Bird Senior member

Which means what? That they have a greenish hue or something?

I believe that is correct

Here's redcast:

[​IMG]

and here's greencast:

[​IMG]