I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Francis91

Francis91 Senior member

I need a cut that is fuller than APC New Standards. I do olympic lifting and recently my APC New Standards have become tight in the thigh area while the waist fits fine. What brands and cuts should I be looking at for a fuller fit?

APC Rescue

2. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Gave a pair of Flat Head 1001's their first soak and they're now hanging out to dry. In the past I've let soaked jeans dry entirely before wearing. Any benefit to putting these on while still slightly damp (they've been hanging 2 hours already) and wearing them as they dry the rest of the way?

3. Islander

Islander Senior member

APC Rescue

Everyone says this but it's not true. Look at the measurement charts on Context's website, they are pretty accurate. I have both and Rescues fit exactly the same as New Standards above the knee. NS are tapered from the knee down and that's the only difference. IMHO Rescues look better over boots/chukkas and NS look better with sneakers.

I am no expert but to get more room in the thighs you could try a pair of Dior and size down less. I have DH 19cm sized down 1 (almost TTS) and they fit similar in the top block (maybe a touch looser) with an inch or so more room in the thighs than my APCs which are sized down 3.

Hope that makes sense. I don't have 21cm Diors so I can't comment on them.

4. skander

skander Well-Known Member

Everyone says this but it's not true. Look at the measurement charts on Context's website, they are pretty accurate. I have both and Rescues fit exactly the same as New Standards above the knee. NS are tapered from the knee down and that's the only difference. IMHO Rescues look better over boots/chukkas and NS look better with sneakers.

I am no expert but to get more room in the thighs you could try a pair of Dior and size down less. I have DH 19cm sized down 1 (almost TTS) and they fit similar in the top block (maybe a touch looser) with an inch or so more room in the thighs than my APCs which are sized down 3.

Hope that makes sense. I don't have 21cm Diors so I can't comment on them.

I've been having the same problem (except replace olympic lifting with div III lifting) and wasn't confident with the APC rescues I tried on - seemed to be the same in the thigh with just a wider leg. Not what I'm looking for. I'm thinking of maybe only sizing down one or two sizes on a new pair of NS, I had originally sized down from a 31/2 to a 29. Anyone think this could help with tight thighs?

5. blynch

blynch Senior member

I've been having the same problem (except replace olympic lifting with div III lifting) and wasn't confident with the APC rescues I tried on - seemed to be the same in the thigh with just a wider leg. Not what I'm looking for. I'm thinking of maybe only sizing down one or two sizes on a new pair of NS, I had originally sized down from a 31/2 to a 29. Anyone think this could help with tight thighs?

will loosen thighs, but you will also have a huge waist. I get this problem too, and skull 5507 are working better for me albeit still a little more room in the waist than perfect.

6. roguetheory

roguetheory Senior member

I saw a pair of jeans today in Zara, which I would have bought if they had my size. They were a rich Indigo color, that wasn't too dark or too light, they had a very soft touch and sheen too. Could somebody please suggest a brand which has a model like this. Only other jean I've seen like this were a pair of Evisus.

7. Branches

Branches Well-Known Member

8. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

the MWACs--9.5" thigh? could that be right? is farinelli's measuring farther down the leg?

9. Nukelear

Nukelear Member

I have read through most of the APC and the Naked and Famous threads and have a quick question regarding the sizing between the two. I recently purchased a NF slim guy in size 30 and they were tight at first, but have loosened up so they are perfect in the leg and thigh but about an inch too loose in the waist. If I was going to purchase again I probably should go with a 29 and stretch for some heavy wear for a perfect fit.

Now I'm looking for my second pair of raw selvedge denim, which these forums have pointed me towards APC NS based on my experience with my NF slim guys. I'm worried about the stretch, should I go with a 29? or a 28? I'm usually between a 31/32 natural waist. Any input and any other jean recommendations would would be greatly appreciated![​IMG]

10. Branches

Branches Well-Known Member

probably go with a 28, it will stretch a lot.

11. tooshay

tooshay Senior member

probably go with a 28, it will stretch a lot.
    +1

Mine stretched like hell.

12. LukeZZ

LukeZZ Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I am looking for narrow, raw denim, low-raise jeans in gray/black either straight or with just a bit of a boot-cut. Something like these, out-of-stock, Crate ones: http://web155.revolveclothing.com/im...J10_V1-BIG.jpg I would also like them to stay fairly dark. Any recommendations? I am considering the 3sixteen SL-200x but I can't tell how high they sit. --Luke

13. roguetheory

Hey guys, I am looking for narrow, raw denim, low-raise jeans in gray/black either straight or with just a bit of a boot-cut. Something like these, out-of-stock, Crate ones: http://web155.revolveclothing.com/im...J10_V1-BIG.jpg I would also like them to stay fairly dark. Any recommendations? I am considering the 3sixteen SL-200x but I can't tell how high they sit. --Luke
    Nudie Thin Finn DBC or APC New Cure perhaps.

14. LukeZZ

LukeZZ Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions roguetheory, but looking at measurements those two seem to sit a bit high.

I really like the fit and color of Somet 018 low rise but I wish they didn't narrow at the leg opening. I want them to sit comfortably over my shoe laces. Are there any similar cut & colored jeans out there but preferably with a slight boot-cut or at least straight?

15. roguetheory

Thanks for the suggestions roguetheory, but looking at measurements those two seem to sit a bit high.

I really like the fit and color of Somet 018 low rise but I wish they didn't narrow at the leg opening. I want them to sit comfortably over my shoe laces. Are there any similar cut & colored jeans out there but preferably with a slight boot-cut or at least straight?

Luke,

I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for here: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php
    Start going through the different brands on the bottom left hand corner.