I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Considering a pair of Flat Head 1001's. Anyone know what size I would take if I wear 31 in Sugar Canes and Iron Heart? Having a tough time deciding between a 33 or a 32 in the Flat Head. Looking for a fit without much (if any) sag.

Also, will the 1001's continue to shrink after the first warm soak? I've read that FH denim stretches a little, but not much. Mostly wondering whether the first soak gets all the shrink out.

Thx.

2. Rolfi

Rolfi Senior member

reccomend me some nice raw denim jeans which will show nice unique wear over time pleaseeeee.

i like my pbj-005 cut but i did and still have problems/annoyances with the leg below the knee being a bit too baggy/not slim enough.

skulls or samurais will do it for you

3. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

reccomend me some nice raw denim jeans which will show nice unique wear over time pleaseeeee. i like my pbj-005 cut but i did and still have problems/annoyances with the leg below the knee being a bit too baggy/not slim enough.
    xx-011 is tapered, but you can go to any tailor to get the 005s tapered from the knee

4. diplomatman

diplomatman Member

my thread was locked for asking this question what jean is this? [​IMG] Before anyone says it, yes he looks like a complete tool. I've been looking for slim fitting jeans in that dark color haven't had any luck, though [​IMG]

5. Branches

Branches Well-Known Member

6. ss10guy3

ss10guy3 Senior member

Any thoughs on the acne raw generic boy? A couple pairs for sale around $100 near my house, and wondering if they're a good buy. I have no experience with acne.

7. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

Any thoughs on the acne raw generic boy? A couple pairs for sale around $100 near my house, and wondering if they're a good buy. I have no experience with acne.
    I have a couple of pairs of Acne Mic's in raw denim and am very happy with the fabric, fit and construction, especially at around $100. They run true to size in raw denim, they were loose on me at first but shrank to fit perfect after one wash.

8. Flight Bird

Flight Bird Senior member

how should i size on some lvc 66's to get a slim fit?

Man just fucking try them on. Sizing changes by the year and it's always [​IMG] no matter what.

That said, '66 are pretty slimish but I guess you could size down one or two (if you are a masochist), but really just try them on. PM Pablo T about this though.

9. snake

snake Senior member

Maybe this has already been asked/answered, but is there a particular reason why black Diors don't stretch as much as the indigos?

10. blynch

blynch Senior member

ugg, pocket rivet fell off brand new skull 5507s. Have only soaked and worn around apartment for a few hours. Hopefully I can get it back on with just a hammer, BiG is going to try and send me a replacement.

Btw, thanks again to mlyngard for the rec, the cut is closer to what I want than anything else I've had or tried. Still a bit large in the waist and a little snug just below the hips, but I always have this problem and it is less off than usual.

Also, these skulls have a massive amount of (loose) indigo, tub was way darker than other soaks(kmw, aw, apc). Anxious to wear them, but I need to wait to repair the rivet, and besides that I just started at the hospital and have to wear scrubs 5days a week, so it is going to be a long break in process.

11. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Maybe this has already been asked/answered, but is there a particular reason why black Diors don't stretch as much as the indigos?
    Just different denim, like the Italian vs. Japanese stretching

12. stayclassy

stayclassy Well-Known Member

i pretty much only wear Levi 511's for streetwear, but im currently looking for something just slightly more relaxed that will also look good wearing a polo shirt. any suggestions (denim or other) for the same price range as the Levi's?

13. Pablo-T

Pablo-T Senior member

Man just fucking try them on. Sizing changes by the year and it's always [​IMG] no matter what.
    Wise words. You can downsize quite severely on the 66, I would recommend by one inch from measured size for a slim fit. But best by far to try them on.

14. Flight Bird

Flight Bird Senior member

Wise words. You can downsize quite severely on the 66, I would recommend by one inch from measured size for a slim fit. But best by far to try them on.
    [​IMG] OMG Paul T just pseudo-reped me.

15. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Flat Head 1001's pre-soak.

Are these a good pre-soak fit, or should I go down another size?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]