I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. randomtw

randomtw Senior member

how much does the nudie slim jim stretch out in the waist?

2. TransparentCranium

TransparentCranium Senior member

how much does the nudie slim jim stretch out in the waist?
    I've read about one inch. Edit: My own question, are nudies chainstitched? If so, is it all models, or some? Someone at showroom in Toronto led me to believe they aren't, or the slim jims i was looking at weren't.

3. samven582

samven582 New Member

hello. I plane to buy these shoes link and I was wondering if somebody can recommend me some jeans to go with it. Thank you

4. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

5. kronik

kronik Senior member

6. DenimFreak411

DenimFreak411 Well-Known Member

Question.

What are nice Japanese selvage denim that doesn't fade and has a firm dark indigo or any other solid look?

7. buttonman

buttonman Senior member

lucky for you i did the search for you http://styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=65617 and also i asked this question earlier in this thread, page 2 to be exact. here's the response on page three
    45rpm, PBJ, 5ep (non-SF variety), etc. are notorious for their anti-fading properties.
    you can also add in somet, kmw and ironhearts, well any denim made of 21 oz pretty much. how much they fade really depends on how much wear you're going to put in them.

8. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

^^^

I'd add RRL to that list (even though I think I already did in that thread).

9. hangten

hangten Senior member

I am thinking about buying the SC 1947s in raw. I wear a 32 in APC NS so if going by BIGs measurements, I think I should get size 33. I also have a pair of Levis 1947s in 35 which are a little loose. Can anybody verify that 33 is the way to go?

10. dusty

dusty Senior member

I need new jeans. My RB11s are perfect in every way (cut, color, stiffness, fade-resistance, minimal aesthetic) but I don't want another pair of the same denim. They can be raw or rinse. Suggestions?

No APCs, I have those and hate them.

Well I don't think I ever got an answer to this, but would the KMW 1950 be a good alternative? I should mention the one aspect in which the RB11s are not perfect is that there is no slight taper to give the appearance of straight leg.

11. datasupa

datasupa Senior member

I am thinking about buying the SC 1947s in raw. I wear a 32 in APC NS so if going by BIGs measurements, I think I should get size 33. I also have a pair of Levis 1947s in 35 which are a little loose. Can anybody verify that 33 is the way to go?

Yes.

12. hossoso

hossoso Coward and P*ssy

Someone can certainly verify that. You just need to find that person.

13. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Just to add some useful info to the thread. If any one is interested in getting the Grey New Standards and are worried about sizing. they NS sizing chart on context is pretty much spot on. i only sized down 1 because they aren't raw and i don't think they will stretch a whole ton. and they are a perfect fit. denim is nice, and actually pretty slubby. very soft and super lightweight. they come with a 32-33in inseam but APC leaves anothe 2-3in under the hem so you can let them out. which i will be doing. got some crappy pics with the blackberry. i only sized down 1. because i wanted just a normal straight fit. they are perfect i think, just the look i was going for. they are super comfy. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. lovely

lovely Active Member

seems to me most men must own three pairs of jeans or variables within this context. The classic boot in an indigo base with slight wear. Probably paired with a button down woven, fit and color for another thread, this to be described as the dressy jean. The straight or 'pegged' cuff plenty of color options, black, grey or classic blue as another option, worn best either alone with a hoodie or a blazer over hoodie, for fashion sake layering always looks awesome. The last being the 'comfy jean' fit for the soccer players, meaning large upper leg. Worn in, holy even super casual, not to be worn in public but worn as needed.

15. TransparentCranium

TransparentCranium Senior member

seems to me most men must own three pairs of jeans or variables within this context. The classic boot in an indigo base with slight wear. Probably paired with a button down woven, fit and color for another thread, this to be described as the dressy jean. The straight or 'pegged' cuff plenty of color options, black, grey or classic blue as another option, worn best either alone with a hoodie or a blazer over hoodie, for fashion sake layering always looks awesome. The last being the 'comfy jean' fit for the soccer players, meaning large upper leg. Worn in, holy even super casual, not to be worn in public but worn as needed.

No thanks.