1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Biff

Biff Senior member

that is one of the better nudie cuts ive seen. at that price you got a good deal. i cant stand the back pocket stitching but you might like them. take fit pics when you get them.

...pretty good cut... and as they're selvege, probably one of the better pairs of nudies you could get...

2. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

...pretty good cut... and as they're selvege, probably one of the better pairs of nudies you could get...
    totally. how are your new momotaro's? did they end up fitting okay?

3. Biff

Biff Senior member

totally. how are your new momotaro's? did they end up fitting okay?

pretty good...

just waiting on the chainstitching to be done... fit picks to come...

4. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

It's a really nice cut, too, and a lot more modern than what you see from some of the repro-focused Japanese companies. It depends on what you're looking for in a pair of jeans, but I'd say you made a decent choice (and got a pretty good deal to boot).

5. gastarbeider

gastarbeider Senior member

anyone have any knowledge/experience/opinions about 4 stroke?

6. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

So I'm going to pick up a new pair of raws and am especially focused on the PBJ xx-005. Do I pick the pair that I can barely do up the top button or just TTS?

I wouldn't get PBJs that tight raw, because they use unsanforized denim, which will shrink 1-2" in the waist with repeated washing. Plus, even if you are able to get back into them after they shrink, sizing down that much will almost definitely cause the thighs on this cut to be too tight for you.

It's generally recommended to size down 1 from your true waist measurement on this cut, unless you have really skinny legs, then you can probably get away with sizing down 2.

7. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Just thought I'd share a pleasant discovery from laundry today:

Recently i wore a brand new Real Madrid home jersey to classes with my once-soaked pbjx007s. I had hot soaked them for a good, long time, and hadn't noticed indigo rubbing off on anything so I figured i was ok. Upon getting home though, the white jersey (100% poly) had a tinge of blue all around the area that had touched the jeans at all. I was somewhat disheartened.

Today, while doing laundry I decided to get the stain out. Did bleach soaks, etc. nothing worked. Then i pulled out this product that a friend had recommended years ago, but was just sitting in the top of the cabinet.

Zout.

[​IMG]

I rubbed the indigo-ed area for about 5 minutes, with a bit of elbow grease, saturating it with this stuff. Bam. No more blue tinge. The Real jersey is just as white as when I first got it.

Anyways - for all those with blue rubbing off on your kicks or white v-necks, i highly recommend this. That is all.

8. gastarbeider

Recently i wore a brand new Real Madrid home jersey

[​IMG]

9. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

cool tino. good to know. did you get that at fresh market?

so do you go to many of the real games down in sandy? if you do let me know ... i usually get tickets that we never use.

10. El Argentino

[​IMG]
    Better than those catalanes culos, bud [​IMG]
    cool tino. good to know. did you get that at fresh market? so do you go to many of the real games down in sandy? if you do let me know ... i usually get tickets that we never use.
    I don't quite remember where - Wal-Mart, actually i think. And i would gladly take Real tickets from you anytime. School schedules can make it hard to get up to as many games as I'd like, but having tickets in my hand is pretty good motivation.

11. commodorewheeler

Just thought I'd share a pleasant discovery from laundry today:

Recently i wore a brand new Real Madrid home jersey to classes with my once-soaked pbjx007s. I had hot soaked them for a good, long time, and hadn't noticed indigo rubbing off on anything so I figured i was ok. Upon getting home though, the white jersey (100% poly) had a tinge of blue all around the area that had touched the jeans at all. I was somewhat disheartened.

Today, while doing laundry I decided to get the stain out. Did bleach soaks, etc. nothing worked. Then i pulled out this product that a friend had recommended years ago, but was just sitting in the top of the cabinet.

Zout.

I rubbed the indigo-ed area for about 5 minutes, with a bit of elbow grease, saturating it with this stuff. Bam. No more blue tinge. The Real jersey is just as white as when I first got it.

Anyways - for all those with blue rubbing off on your kicks or white v-necks, i highly recommend this. That is all.

With your avatar, shouldn't you be wearing a Barcelona jersey? [​IMG]

12. El Argentino

With your avatar, shouldn't you be wearing a Barcelona jersey? [​IMG]
    It's a cruel world where your favorite player dons the opposition's shirt. I'm satisfied when Messi pulls on the albiceleste. And, I have to say, even for all the goals he puts up, Ronaldo is still a douche - madridista o no.

13. commodorewheeler

It's a cruel world where your favorite player dons the opposition's shirt.

I'm satisfied when Messi pulls on the albiceleste.

And, I have to say, even for all the goals he puts up, Ronaldo is still a douche - madridista o no.

LOL!

14. gastarbeider

It's a cruel world where your favorite player dons the opposition's shirt.

I'm satisfied when Messi pulls on the albiceleste.

And, I have to say, even for all the goals he puts up,
    Ronaldo is still a douche - madridista o no.

redundant.

15. mishin900

mishin900 Member

its fine. your height worked out to your advantage in this case

Could you explain me how my height helped the look? thx

16. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

being short allowed you to stack the bottom of the jeans, which mitigates the taper of the 19cm. if you were taller, you'd look top heavy. this is the exact problem i have with tapered jeans.

17. mishin900

mishin900 Member

being short allowed you to stack the bottom of the jeans, which mitigates the taper of the 19cm. if you were taller, you'd look top heavy. this is the exact problem i have with tapered jeans.
    So does this mean that my height is just tall enough to give me a balanced look overall?? I always have tapered jeans stack on the bottom because otherwise my legs would look like chicken legs lol And with Dior Homme jeans, it's almost impossible to not stack the bottom unless you're like 6 feet with long legs lol

18. heysf

heysf Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Was only available in 36 ;/ too tight?
    The answer depends on who you ask. In my opinion nice and not too tight [​IMG]
    that is one of the better nudie cuts ive seen. at that price you got a good deal. i cant stand the back pocket stitching but you might like them. take fit pics when you get them.
    I thought so too, thanks. The back pocket stitching doesn't bother me at all.

19. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

Hi guys, So, I just bought this pair of jeans. When I tried it on, the waist was okay, but all parts below it just screamed baggy since I'm skinny (56 kg/176 cm). Since it's shrink-to-fit, I'm thinking of soaking it with hot water to get the most shrink possible. Here lays the question: what should I do with the waist part? It's hard to keep it off the water. Should I just wear it while soaking so the waist part won't get too small? But if I wear it then the water can't be too hot, so does this mean the shrink won't be optimal? Thanks. Sorry if you can't understand my English.

20. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

when people say use dryer after soaking, do they mean regular tumble dryer found on was machines in every household?