1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. ADH

ADH Well-Known Member

Sugar Cane? This is perhaps a question you have gotten before but is there a place to find Sugar Canes, in store, somewhere on the east coast? I live in Richmond VA and am wondering if there is a place somewhere between here and NYC. Any info?

2. atomicranch

atomicranch Senior Member

Sugar Cane? This is perhaps a question you have gotten before but is there a place to find Sugar Canes, in store, somewhere on the east coast? I live in Richmond VA and am wondering if there is a place somewhere between here and NYC. Any info?

Denim Bar, our affiliate extraordinaire in DC, carries Sugar Cane.

3. breakz

breakz Distinguished Member

Denim Bar, our affiliate extraordinaire in DC, carries Sugar Cane.

They've also got another location in VA, right?

4. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Distinguished Member

They've also got another location in VA, right?

all you need to do is click on the denimbar link on the top of this page, and then click on locations.....

5. breakz

breakz Distinguished Member

EDIT: Deleted, replaced with a question.

I've got to hem my jeans now, but they're 5EP LDB. Do I need to do anything special to accomodate?

6. TransparentCranium

TransparentCranium Senior Member

Thinking of buying my first nudie jean, the only one i really want is the Slim Jim Dry Black Coated. I've read most nudies are size down one (or up one from apc NS) does that run true for coated SJ's as well? Also, are the SJ non selvage?
    Fit like this would be preferred.
    [​IMG]

7. Pilot

Pilot Distinguished Member

what other grey jeans are ou there besides the coated nudies or Nom de Guerre (which i really wish i would have bought, can't find them anywhere now) i've really been wanting a pair of grey jeans lately.

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

acne, filippa k, apc (i think in store only), skull (had some but probably have to order from japan now), drkshdw, raf, opening ceremony, cheap monday, april 77, and a lot of others. Various shades of grey

9. Pilot

Pilot Distinguished Member

i've looked around a bit BiG, denimbar, context, tobi can't really find a whole lot.

10. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

revolve, oaknyc, blackbird, bblessing, tres bien, bespoke boutique and some others i think may have grey jeans.

11. mulansauce

mulansauce Distinguished Member

Thinking of buying my first nudie jean, the only one i really want is the Slim Jim Dry Black Coated. I've read most nudies are size down one (or up one from apc NS) does that run true for coated SJ's as well? Also, are the SJ non selvage?
    Fit like this would be preferred.
    [​IMG]

It depends on your body and what look you are looking for. I size down 2 for APC (31 to 29) but stick with my normal size for Nudies. The 31 Nudie SJ Dry Black Coated look much slimmer on me than the 29 APC NS. If I sized down at all they would look like shiny tights.

The SJ Dry Black Coated are not selvage.

12. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Anyone know where to get Rag & Bone RB6? I've check all the affiliates and stores in the online store thread, but no one stocks it.
    That's a tough question. R&B has had some changeups with their jeans offerings the last year or two. I was at Barney's Co-op a few weeks back and I saw a model or two; back in August I was at the Barney's in LA and saw about 6 different pairs. That said, I think your best luck for R&B will always be a brick & mortar store. Hopefully you live near a big city.

13. davo10375

davo10375 Senior Member

* When washed, the denim will always shrink between 1.5" to 3" in length (inseam) and between 1" and 2.5" in waist size. Please keep this in mind when choosing your denim

It says this on the self-edge website..

I was under the impression raw denim jeans stretched? As in size down from my normal size when buying nudies and they will stretch out? If it shrinks when I was it wont this mean its unwearable etc?

clueless...

14. mulansauce

mulansauce Distinguished Member

It does both.

Wear stretches the waist and thighs.
    Washing shrinks the waist and inseam.

15. davo10375

davo10375 Senior Member

alright
    that makes more sense upon reflection
    so reading the self edge website more clearly
    nudies waist will expand approx 1.75 inches
    and then upon washing shrink .5 or something
    that works well then, I get the size down one... this is for grim tims by the way
    Anyone have any fit pics with details of grim tims