I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

thanks everyone for your help. i actually have the revival selvedge skinny guys. here the fit pic from when i first got them. [​IMG] to clear things up, i want a new jean that slim straight but slim straight usually looks too huge on my skinny legs.
    I've had (and love) the KMW 1980s. Good slim fit through the thigh. Universally good cut if you size properly (one down, so if you're usually a 31, get 30 tagged). Skull 5507might be another option. They'll fit like your pic too. Those Strummers look promising too. If you're staying with sanforized denim, you might want to consider Ande Whall also.

2. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

I've had (and love) the KMW 1980s. Good slim fit through the thigh. Universally good cut if you size properly (one down, so if you're usually a 31, get 30 tagged). Skull 5507might be another option. They'll fit like your pic too.

Those Strummers look promising too. If you're staying with sanforized denim, you might want to consider Ande Whall also.

A few weeks ago I tried on the KMW 1980's and I loved them as well. They have low rear pockets (which I usually try to avoid) but I was surprised on how good they looked with this cut.

I tried on the 1-rinse in size 33 and it fit perfectly. They didn't have them raw, but it sounds like I would take a 32 raw.

3. yamete

yamete Senior member

heres my sz 28 dior mii raw indigo, im only able to button 3 buttons..is it gonna stretch out fine? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

^need to size up, man.

5. grouper

grouper Senior member

where can i kop raw dior 19cms?

6. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

[​IMG] DH Boutique Barneys LVR Browns Diabro Yoox Sak's (?) .............

7. yamete

yamete Senior member

^need to size up, man.
    i did try on sz 29 and i was able to easily get the clasp on, with a lot of room in low legs and snug in thighs. I was afraid it would stretch too much so i got a 28.. I admit they are uncomfortable for now, but what i had tried to size "correctly" in the past in hoping that i will get a slim fit in the end has all failed so far as they are stretched out to become very loose in waist. the best example is my sz 32 SJDJ, which wasnt even tight to begin with, after 7 months of wear, has stretch out to the extent that will show my but while walking if i dont wear a belt. for reference, the place i wear my jeans measures 31. the sz 28 dior measures 9.5 in the thigh, and 30 in the waist, i just want to ask if its reasonable for the thigh to become 10 and waist 31 after a few months. thx

8. RAM1988

RAM1988 Well-Known Member

Question about the Samurai 710XX: What size would I take if my waist measure 33"? I've read accounts that suggest these don't stretch much and to get true to size, but others suggest sizing down a size. Here's my size in some common jeans:

Iron Heart 634S - 31
    APC NS - 30
    RRL raw Slim Fit - 30

Thx.

trapp, i saw some ppl reply but wanted to share my 2 cents since I just made the same purchase about a week ago from BiG. I went tts (size 32, lot 13) and they fit great.

9. ysb

ysb Senior member

will jeans with 98%cotton/2% elastane ever stretch out? just picked up a pair of Dior Hom me and didn't know they were made of stretch material. They're snug, and I feel like they probably won't stretch out, but I've attached some fit pics to get some opinions on if I should keep them or not. Thanks [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. incastoutcast

incastoutcast Senior member

So, quick question. I have some esef skys I bought, very tight on the thighs - I know a few other people noted the same. Now, a request: Would some people who have stretched them out a bit mind posting pics? I sure could use some reference point as to whether or no I need to sell these and try again. I'm not sure I can get other 21oz denim for the price.

Thanks!

11. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

Any experience, either positive or negative, with J Brand?

12. Sancho Panzo Christ

Sancho Panzo Christ Senior member

question for the denim experts: i just got another pair of apc petit standards, and something unexpected happened that i've never had happen before--the orange stitching near the crotch pulled out. is this going to be problematic in the near future? if so, is there anything that a tailor could do to fix it? i've had these for less than 1 week...

13. Rolfi

Rolfi Senior member

ask apc for an exchange. shit like that shouldn't happen until you've worn those well for a long time

14. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

question for the denim experts: i just got another pair of apc petit standards, and something unexpected happened that i've never had happen before--the orange stitching near the crotch pulled out. is this going to be problematic in the near future? if so, is there anything that a tailor could do to fix it? i've had these for less than 1 week...
    Where near the crotch? It may or may not be an immediate problem. May not be a problem at all if it's at the crotch seam intersection, which has at least two rows of stitching, and sometimes the stitch row that holds down the felled seam comes apart. Can you post pics? Either way, you probably downsized too much so I can't say that'll be refundable. But I'd suggest contacting the shop where you bought them to see if you might have a chance. Repair of that is pretty simple, but we can help direct you somewhere if you need it.

15. Sancho Panzo Christ

Sancho Panzo Christ Senior member

thanks for the replies. unfortunately i don't have a camera, but the stitching seems to be pulling out of the inseam going down the inner thigh, right by the crotch. and, as i just took another look at it, it seems to be pulling out at the intersection as well.

as far as sizing down too much, the funny thing is i usually wear a 28 in apc new standard, and these are 30 petit standards, bought brand new from the apc nyc store. i had absolutely zero problems with my two 28 new standards, and i've been wearing them both for over a year and a half, cycling and shit.

so, should i contact the apc nyc store people and see about an exchange? is their denim getting shittier lately?