I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Curtisa

Curtisa New Member

Can anyone recommend some denim that is somewhat relaxed in the hip/thigh, but with a straight leg or tapered leg? Unfortunately I have large hips and muscular thighs like tree trunks, but I hate 99% of "relaxed fit" denim that can be too big and then has a giant leg opening

2. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Don't size down on zipper fly jeans, zippers won't stretch.

3. jarude

jarude Senior member

Can anyone recommend some denim that is somewhat relaxed in the hip/thigh, but with a straight leg or tapered leg? Unfortunately I have large hips and muscular thighs like tree trunks, but I hate 99% of "relaxed fit" denim that can be too big and then has a giant leg opening

kmw 1980 is the perfect jeans for dudes with big asses and thighs. monster back rise = happy butts

4. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

can anyone help me identify these levi's? i know they're european, but the details are crazy. cant find any information on them.levi's engineered have some similar models, but none i've seen quite like this. besides the pockets, there are crazy stitching details too. any info would be appreciated. thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Those look horrendous

6. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

kmw 1980 is the perfect jeans for dudes with big asses and thighs. monster back rise = happy butts
    Second that. You can also try Eternal 811, Studio D'Artisan 103, Samurai SO500xx, Levis LVC 1944, 1955 or 1966 cuts ('44 and '55 are straight, '66 is tapered), and Evisu Lot 2000 No. 1. All are great jeans. All have roomy thighs, a generous top block and are relatively slim all-around (not a 'full' cut with a huge leg opening). KMW 1950s are also a cut to consider. The 1980s might be a bit slim in the thighs for you personally, but that's really relative. KMW are a great pair of jeans to cut your teeth on, and they're sanforized, so barely shrink. The others are STF. For KMW size down at least one since they're vanity sized at the waist (i.e., a 29 tagged is actually a ~30" waist post-soak).

7. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Those look horrendous

That's how europeans are doing denim these days. Jeans like that are dirt common over there, all sorts of weird pocket configurations and interpretations. they also have lots of odd seaming and differently shaped panels.

8. RAM1988

RAM1988 Well-Known Member

Those look horrendous

Hah. agreed

9. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

That's how europeans are doing denim these days. Jeans like that are dirt common over there, all sorts of weird pocket configurations and interpretations. they also have lots of odd seaming and differently shaped panels.

And everyone thinks I'm crazy for saying the French can't do jeans...

10. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

HAHAHA cue the apc bashing!

11. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

And everyone thinks I'm crazy for saying the French can't do jeans...

Well, I don't know about France, the only place in Europe I've been this year is Spain...

12. premo

premo Senior member

Anyone know if PBJ XX-009 would work for a bigger guy? I'm 6'2, 210. My measured waist is 34", I have muscular thighs/rear and I am looking for something that fits nicely. I've been trying to find some fit pics but have been unable to find any.

My first pair were Rescues because it seemed pretty entry level. Afterwards I wanted to try something new, different material/cut/etc so I currently wear SEXSC06 and they are just about to be retired as they are they are falling apart. The reason I am attracted to the PBJ is because of the indigo warpxweft which is something different once again. I was hesitating between getting black denim (3sixteen SL200x) but this seems more fun and unique.

Thoughts? Could I even fit in a pair of XX-007 or is that out of the question?

13. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Anyone know if PBJ XX-009 would work for a bigger guy? I'm 6'2, 210. My measured waist is 34", I have muscular thighs/rear and I am looking for something that fits nicely. I've been trying to find some fit pics but have been unable to find any. Thoughts? Could I even fit in a pair of XX-007 or is that out of the question?
    I think you should also seriously explore Samurai S0500xx and S5000 or maybe the 710 models if you want textured, slubby denim. If it's just the indigo warp/weft you like, maybe someone could rec. other makes that do this. The 0500/0700 cut is not at all a good fit for your build. I had it, and sold, and I'm 5-9, 150 and like slim cuts. However, I definitely think the 009 cut is ideal for your build.

14. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

prob true but if SEXSC06 worked 007 may not be out of the question

15. premo

premo Senior member

I like those recommendations... I'll do a little bit more research. I'll try and post a fit pic of the SEXSC06 when I get home... maybe give a better idea of what legs I have. [​IMG] [​IMG]