I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Ermac

Ermac Senior member

I got my first pair of APC New Standards. It's just about impossible to button up the last button. I should keep them correct?

I originally had one size higher but I was able to button them all with room to spare.

2. yayorc

yayorc Senior member

yeah just hang out in them for a few hours, you'll be ok.

3. Gruntle

Gruntle Senior member

I need a pair of gray jeans similar to APC rescues. I looked N&F weird guys. Any suggestions?

4. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

I have PBJ 005's or w.e there called but i have a problem ...sort off , the fit seems of to be like the leg opening is a bit to wide for my liking , would you guess advise that i get them tapered , i was thinking about tapering them from the inside since the outside hem is twisted a bit
    imo, most ppl who tailored/tapered them end up selling them anyway__ for less money. in fact there's a couple right now on mynudies [Lemmy's & Opeth's] that have both been tapered.

if it is not for you, save yourself some grief and cut your losses. just sell & get the PBJ 011 or Blue In Green 013 [also made by PBJ].

the former, is the PBJ tapered version [1/2 inch taper from knee to hem] with a [literally] different twist__ LHT with grey weft, so they'll have a greycast effect when they fade. the latter, is BiG's answer to the "taper dillema"__ it's a slim version of the 005, using exact /same 005 denim with a bit lower rise, a full 1 inch taper [from knee to hem], & smaller topstich thread guage with finer/more stitch per inch.

5. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

I have PBJ 005's or w.e there called but i have a problem ...sort off , the fit seems of to be like the leg opening is a bit to wide for my liking , would you guess advise that i get them tapered , i was thinking about tapering them from the inside since the outside hem is twisted a bit
    Cross-poast. At this point I'm thinking samurai 710's might work...
    The PBJ x BiG 013 collab cut resolved the infamous 005 flare issue. Agreed with IIIrd (as always) on the taper - if the intended cut isn't for you, don't change it - it destroys the integrity and intention of the whole cut. I've done that twice and regretted it both times for changing the fit and the $$ loss I took. riverrun: I think you need to take a look at my sig below...(shameless plug...) ;-)

6. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

The PBJ x BiG 013 collab cut resolved the infamous 005 flare issue.

Agreed with IIIrd (as always) on the taper - if the intended cut isn't for you, don't change it - it destroys the integrity and intention of the whole cut. I've done that twice and regretted it both times for changing the fit and the $$ loss I took.

riverrun: I think you need to take a look at my sig below...(shameless plug...) ;-)

saw your stuff on FS ... jeans wet dreams are made of. wattup?! changing style or bulking up? great taste, man [​IMG].

7. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

saw your stuff on FS ... jeans wet dreams are made of. wattup?! changing style or bulking up? great taste, man [​IMG].
    Nah, same size- they all fit great, (but becoming large-marge would be my first guess too [​IMG] All my slim jeans aren't gettin' any love in my rotation. They never get worn in preference for all my repro and fuller-leg straights. I just realized it the other day, and some new '47LVC and Eternal 811s I just picked up sealed the deal. My days of rocking super-slim cuts are done. I think my time doing that competition with Mistral in those BSP is what did it. Seems Mistral's Somets did it to him too. He just kopped '47LVC. I think you know what I mean. You're the master of repro straights. I hate selling, but my ass won't have enough time to fade these. Might as well put the cash back into some I will wear. Eyeing the Sam SO500xx when I sell the yamatos. You got those? Reviews?

8. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

Does anyone know how RAF by Raf jeans run sizing-wise?

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

Thinking about kopping some slim all black jeans maybe coated like fuumas diors, what should I instakop?

I wear 33 in diors.

10. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

Do Raf by Raf Simons jeans run small by any chance? I just ordered a pair off Yoox which is having a crazy sale for only $39. But they are 36 waist (only size they had left). I usually wear a 33 or 34 waist.

11. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

I hate selling, but my ass won't have enough time to fade these. Might as well put the cash back into some I will wear. Eyeing the Sam SO500xx when I sell the yamatos. You got those? Reviews?
    i got them TTS, but you can size 1 down easily. vertical falling is massive on these due to the slubs.

12. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Not likely to fit you

13. mgoose

mgoose Senior member

Which APC cut would have the highest rise? I'm not looking for a high rise jean per se, but I'm really sick of sagging low rise pants in general.

14. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Why must it be APCs? And I believe Rescues

15. mgoose

mgoose Senior member

Because I often see them on here cheap really. I have a pair of RRL's that I love and have been wearing to death, and I'd like another pair of raws, just didn't want to get stuck with an ultra slim, low rise pair.