I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Dynasty

Dynasty Active Member

When you guys buy new jeans (non raw denim) do you just wear them or give them a wash and them wear them?

2. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

When you guys buy new jeans (non raw denim) do you just wear them or give them a wash and them wear them?

Whats the point of washing jeans in general when not dirty?

3. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Non-raw jeans are treated and washed to prevent shrink and dye loss, they're ready to wear out of the box

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Has anyone dealt with Scharffer's Garment Hotel before for hems? I mailed my jeans to them 16 days ago and had some sketchy interactions with them.

5. RAM1988

RAM1988 Well-Known Member

Hi guys. gotta question for ya.. to what extent are the following pieces related in their cut/style:

SEXI08
    IH 301
    Samurai 710

I'm interested because I enjoyed how the imperials fit and looked when I was in self edge soho a few months back. I'm interested in going with a heavier denim though. since i haven't tried on the IH or samurais, can anyone provide some color on how similar/dissimar the three are? Also, what can be expected in terms of quality, fade, etc? thanks in advance guys.

Ryan

bump

6. Vintagecardigans001

Vintagecardigans001 Member

I'm 5'11 and I'm super cheap. I'm a little on the chubby side and like my jeans to be slim fit. What's some good jean brands for me?

www.vintagecardigans.blogspot.com

7. steve2318

steve2318 Senior member

Has anyone tried or worn J. Crew bootcut jeans? Just wanted to get some reviews before I order online. Thanks for your help.

8. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

hmmm..everywhere

Hurry movement of your mouse
    Enjoy shopping pleasure

Additionally, we also free shipping charge a small Insurance.

http://www.spampoetry.org/

9. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I know this is total newb question... so just got some raw selvedge nudies, should I just wear em and soak/wash like 6-12 months down the line? I'm worried the fades with shift and they'll shrink... Should I do a pre warm wash now and then wear them? if so, bucket soak, sit in a bathtub? tanx boys

10. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

I know this is total newb question... so just got some raw selvedge nudies, should I just wear em and soak/wash like 6-12 months down the line? I'm worried the fades with shift and they'll shrink... Should I do a pre warm wash now and then wear them? if so, bucket soak, sit in a bathtub? tanx boys
    In before Kit ;-) Will you trust us if we tell you just to hot soak them as soon as you can in the tub, and then wash them after that when needed (once a month)? Explore the denim threads here and on Superfuture and look at how often the best faded and worn jeans are soaked and washed. Good results. Treat them just like the jeans you grew up with and they'll return the favor. Honest.

11. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

I know this is total newb question... so just got some raw selvedge nudies, should I just wear em and soak/wash like 6-12 months down the line? I'm worried the fades with shift and they'll shrink...
    Should I do a pre warm wash now and then wear them? if so, bucket soak, sit in a bathtub?

tanx boys

Nudie Jeans are sanfordized. So you will achieve minimal shrinkage when doing a hot soak or machine wash. Just put the pants on and wear them.

12. ilprescelto

ilprescelto Member

I got the 710's in the mail. They're basically amazing, but they're too small; I can barely button them up, and only if I wear them really high. After a soak, I would guess they would get even smaller; I remember my Dry Bones fitting similarly when I got them, but I'm assuming the Samurais won't stretch out nearly as much because they're so much heavier.
    I got a 33. I'm for sure getting a 34 instead... Maybe a 35?

13. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Update on the fit, after the comments I got about them being to wide. Threw them in the washing machine and this is how it turned out, LVC 1947 501 btw...

[​IMG]

Better?

14. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

is there any difference in indigo loss between hot and cold soaks?

15. connor

connor Senior member

mistral, if that were my fit i'd be unhappy with it. idk about anybody else

jaychiz, shrinkage and indigo loss will be minimized by soaking cold