• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

rapefruit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rapefruit
Which size should I take in dior non-raw if I wear 31 skulls? I'd like the waist to be 32-33 and the thigh around 11-11.5. I'm not sure if I can get away with sz 30 because of the low thigh measurement :S

I want to buy some 19cm ice water from LVR, they have 30 and 32, I'm wondering if they are sized like the raws (waist 2" vanity sized) and if they will stretch a lot like the raw version.

mraco143

Reaction score
Hey,

Kinda new here but need some advice.

I bought these jeans a few weeks back and they fit really well around the waist and upper legs but I can't help but feel that length wise they are just too long and even a bit baggy around the ankle area.

I'm definitely thinking of getting them tailored (I assume you can get jeans tailored?), but just want a second opinion on this. Pics are available through the link below:

http://img641.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=100406124828.jpg

Also, excuse the pink slippers on the floor (not my room), the sneakers I'm wearing (going shopping for some casual shoes today) and the bad quality of the photos.

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to buy some 19cm ice water from LVR, they have 30 and 32, I'm wondering if they are sized like the raws (waist 2" vanity sized) and if they will stretch a lot like the raw version.

i dont know if theyre vanity sized but washed jeans will not stretch to the degree of raw ones

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mraco143
Hey,

Kinda new here but need some advice.

I bought these jeans a few weeks back and they fit really well around the waist and upper legs but I can't help but feel that length wise they are just too long and even a bit baggy around the ankle area.

I'm definitely thinking of getting them tailored (I assume you can get jeans tailored?), but just want a second opinion on this. Pics are available through the link below:

http://img641.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=100406124828.jpg

Also, excuse the pink slippers on the floor (not my room), the sneakers I'm wearing (going shopping for some casual shoes today) and the bad quality of the photos.

hem those suckers

kevinbrownshakedown

Reaction score
I agree, I think they are too wide below the knee and little too long. You can get them tapered from the knee down if you want to, but it would help to know exactly what you want or have another pair of jeans that you like the leg fit to show as an example. Might be better off just getting jeans that you like the fit on.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I kind of want the blue Goldminds but I don't think I can pull off gold-coated, bright blue denim

mraco143

Reaction score
Update: I just went and bought some casual shoes and along the way saw a tailor - tomorrow I'm taking the jeans in, I'm having them shortened by about 4cm and I will probably ask to have them slightly tapered below the knee.

Given the cost of the jeans and the cost of tailoring, I'm definitely choosing to have them tailored.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by connor
btw if i were to go and do it over i'd have bought APCs instead of my nudies
Originally Posted by cap10crunch
Why? Fit? Quality?
... but, not by much
frown.gif

actually, if you put it in this context: a good, well-made raw denim jeans are expensive :: it takes at least a year to properly break in a good pair__ in normal wear conditions [not a crank-induced 3-6 mos bang-up job] :: @ a pace of a pair a year, you have 3 awesome pairs of jeans in just 4 years.

'dont' really think that's expensive if you're investing time in them and planning on using them past 5 yrs down the road... vs more than 2 dozens of assorted heap of hype [Diesel, Replay, GStar, Nudies, A/X, D&G, TR, CH, R&R, Joe's, etc ... never had 7s
devil.gif
] that either, wear out in such a fast pace or get out-dated. mine got ebayed, given away, or currently gathering dust in storage.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
btw if i were to go and do it over i'd have bought APCs instead of my nudies
Me too if I was forced to choose.
Originally Posted by KitAkira
I kind of want the blue Goldminds but I don't think I can pull off gold-coated, bright blue denim
I gotta see that ****. Get them!
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
... but, not by much
frown.gif
. actually, if you put it in this context: a good, well-made raw denim jeans are expensive :: it takes at least a year to properly break in a good pair__ in normal wear conditions [not a crank-induced 3-6 mos bang-up job] :: @ a pace of a pair a year, you have 3 awesome pairs of jeans in just 4 years. 'dont' really think that's expensive if you're investing time in them and planning on using them past 5 yrs down the road... vs more than 2 dozens of assorted heap of hype [Diesel, Replay, GStar, Nudies, A/X, D&G, TR, CH, R&R, Joe's, etc ... never had 7s
devil.gif
] that either, wear out in such a fast pace or get out-dated. mine got ebayed, given away, or currently gathering dust in storage.

Heheh. Truth, that.

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cap10crunch
Why? Fit? Quality?

as far as im concerned nudie denim is ****. APC isnt anything special but ive seen a million good looking pairs of APCs and like 3 pairs of nudies i was impressed with. i wish i would have just saved and got something better. or a pair of APCs instead.

Rolfi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
i'm looking for some grey denim. i dont like that warp grey weft white look. i've been looking for something that's more grey through and through. no distressing. anybody have any ideas?

Nom de Guerre made a nice slim fitting grey denim a couple seasons ago, might have to check the B&S forum and be lucky. i would've bought a pair but they have exposed back pocket rivets. not a fan of that
frown.gif

Originally Posted by aoluffy
after 7 months wear of my pbjs, i just washed my jeans insideout on a delicate woolwash using woolitedark, and nothing seems to have hapepned to them. some dirt is still even there LOL. hmmm any suggestions? they're still wet atm!!

i highlighted your problem

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mistral what happened to your somets

Nothing, still wearing them... But I had enough of the really slim cut so I decided to add a pair to the rotation. Something not so slim, hence the LVC's.

Anyway, if you're pointing at the contest, I should post some pics indeed. But not now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics