Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Flight Bird

Flight Bird Senior member

Do Nudie or APC tend to have more contrasted fades? I've been looking at fades on both in the pictures I've found and it seems like Nudies fade with significantly more contrast and more varied shades of blue, but is this correct?

2. aoluffy

aoluffy Senior member

after 7 months wear of my pbjs, i just washed my jeans insideout on a delicate woolwash using woolitedark, and nothing seems to have hapepned to them. some dirt is still even there LOL. hmmm any suggestions? they're still wet atm!!

3. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Well, here they are after a 30 minute hot soak... I think you're right mlyngard, regarding the shrinkage on the waist and inseam. I didn't get all out in this first soak. But I'm quite happy with the fit, really comfy. Should get the last shrinkage out with a second hot soak, but I think it's fine right now, don't need to wear a belt to wear it. By the way, it's a size 32 x 36.
    Still too big, imo. And remember, they tend to stretch 1" or so
    Do Nudie or APC tend to have more contrasted fades? I've been looking at fades on both in the pictures I've found and it seems like Nudies fade with significantly more contrast and more varied shades of blue, but is this correct?
    IIRC, Nudies use crappier dyes. They fade quickly but are also thin and prone to tearing. Neither is going to be extraordinarily different than the other, both have the ability to develop high-contrast fading

4. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Still too big, imo. And remember, they tend to stretch 1" or so

I know KitAkira, but I haven't gotten all the shrinkage out yet, I think only half of it. So they should shrink somewhat close to an inch more in the waist and the inseam. In my opinion these aren't to big, even with the stretching in account I could easily wear them without a belt and to me it's something else than the countless tighter jeans (e.g. Somet) I have in my closet.

Maybe the fit isn't authentic, as how the 47's need to fit, but that doesn't matter to me.

5. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

after 7 months wear of my pbjs, i just washed my jeans insideout on a delicate woolwash using woolitedark, and nothing seems to have hapepned to them. some dirt is still even there LOL. hmmm any suggestions? they're still wet atm!!
    don't baby them, dude. just cold wash on regular setting. woolite dark is okey. i only turn inside-out on initial cold-washing from [fresh/new] raws__ i don't bother turning mine inside-out after that many months.

6. aoluffy

aoluffy Senior member

ooh got it ok ill do that. think i can wash them again tommorow?

7. connor

connor Senior member

8. cap10crunch

cap10crunch Member

I want to get some Nudie Slim Jims and I measured my waist at 30" and I wear 31 32 with a belt. So am I right in ordering 28 32? How much will the length stretch? Should I try to find a 28 31 or 28 30?

9. cap10crunch

cap10crunch Member

And would that be a good size for Nudie Slim Jim Dry (Broken Twill) - The Most Famous One?

10. kevinbrownshakedown

kevinbrownshakedown Well-Known Member

Length is not going to stretch. I think Nudie only makes 32" and 34" inseams, but not certain. If you decide they are too long, hemming is an inexpensive job that any tailor can do.

11. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Question - ok, so let's say I've got some jeans that were hemmed WAY too short, like a 25' inseam and I've already hidden the tailor's body. Any real suggestions for what I can do with these? TIA

12. connor

connor Senior member

13. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

like should I do a chrono-roll and sandles or loafer socks with chucks? I can't imagine cutting them shorter, ie Jorts.

14. Jakesteraholic

Jakesteraholic Active Member

Length is not going to stretch. I think Nudie only makes 32" and 34" inseams, but not certain. If you decide they are too long, hemming is an inexpensive job that any tailor can do.

nah man i'm wearing 29/36" slim jim dry broken twills right now. I got them from their website though, which boned me on the brokerage fee, being shipped from Sweden. I couldn't find any 36" inseams from American online stores. At least not with a waist 30" or smaller

15. connor

connor Senior member

inseam from my ones from SE seems longer than 34, but idk for sure never measured