I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

I want a pair of regular black dry jeans. I want something that fits similar to APC NS in a size 28, but with more interesting denim. Is there anything from Naked and Famous like that? Or Nudie? Wax coating is a plus, and I definitely want it under $200.

2. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

Any thoughts on Rich & Skinny jeans?

Also, is there a thread on here, or a link online that is a pictorial on premium jeans makers and what their labels/pockets look like in order to identify them? There have been jeans I've seen in public that I wonder what the maker is but have no idea where to find out, short of asking the person. Not gonna do that! lol

3. connor

connor Senior member

I want a pair of regular black dry jeans. I want something that fits similar to APC NS in a size 28, but with more interesting denim. Is there anything from Naked and Famous like that? Or Nudie? Wax coating is a plus, and I definitely want it under $200.

thin finn dbc

4. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Could anyone give an opinion on the sizing? This is my first STF-jean and I'm wondering what's good or bad about it. By the way, if you hadn't noticed, presoak.

[​IMG]

Nobody?

5. Flex

Flex Member

Relaxed straight, or he has chicken legs. And whatever you do, don't buy pre-distressed like those. It just looks cheesy.

Thanks alot!

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Nobody?

it looks good. probably would look better post soak.

i'm looking for some grey denim. i dont like that warp grey weft white look. i've been looking for something that's more grey through and through. no distressing. anybody have any ideas?

7. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

im going to assume ur a skinny dude and say april 77. you can get them pretty cheap on ebay or on the B&S forums. under or around $100

8. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

it looks good. probably would look better post soak.

i'm looking for some grey denim. i dont like that warp grey weft white look. i've been looking for something that's more grey through and through. no distressing. anybody have any ideas?

3sixteen and Naked and Famous both have nice grey denimz that are in the mid 100s I think.

9. bundestaag

bundestaag Member

[​IMG]
    hey.. i suggest to soak them first.. i'd say 2-3 times post the pics after to see how much they shrink.. you need about 3 inches i would say.. hopefully you can get a slimmer fit as well by then.. goodluck!

10. rapefruit

rapefruit Senior member

Which size should I take in dior non-raw if I wear 31 skulls? I'd like the waist to be 32-33 and the thigh around 11-11.5. I'm not sure if I can get away with sz 30 because of the low thigh measurement :S

11. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

Could anyone give an opinion on the sizing? This is my first STF-jean and I'm wondering what's good or bad about it. By the way, if you hadn't noticed, presoak. [​IMG]
    these are too big size down! regular 501 shrink yes but they also stretch like a mother giving birth go down.... leave some room for inseam shrink but the rest will stretch a lot

12. Flight Bird

Flight Bird Senior member

I'm in the market for a pair of nice raw denim. My price range is up to $200, but I can't seem to decide on what to buy! APC Petit Standards, Nudies (on sale), or... well I don't know.

Also, is selvage worth paying more for?

Help please?

13. dls6128

dls6128 Senior member

Help please?

The reason you haven't gotten help is because you've given no specifics whatsoever. What kind of fit do you want? What kind of texture? Is hardware important to you? Heritage?

And the decision regarding selvedge is up to you. The selvedge seam adds no specific advantage, though some would argue that selvedge denim is more likely to be higher quality than its non-selvedge counterpart. Like most products, however, the quality of different kinds of denim will vary depending on the manufacturer.

You should do more research about what you're looking for, and post again when you've narrowed it down.

14. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Could anyone give an opinion on the sizing? This is my first STF-jean and I'm wondering what's good or bad about it. By the way, if you hadn't noticed, presoak.

[​IMG]

Thinking those are gonna look really good once soaked. You'll loose 3" in the inseam, but not in the first two soaks. The waist will shrink fully with two soaks.

What size did you get? How does the waist and top block fit when raw? Should be only slightly loose or fit close to TTS. I think Pheonix is right about the stretch.

Soak and put up some post-soak pictures.

15. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Well, here they are after a 30 minute hot soak... I think you're right mlyngard, regarding the shrinkage on the waist and inseam. I didn't get all out in this first soak. But I'm quite happy with the fit, really comfy.

[​IMG]

Should get the last shrinkage out with a second hot soak, but I think it's fine right now, don't need to wear a belt to wear it.

By the way, it's a size 32 x 36.