I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. connor

connor Senior member

just get a pair in another size. taper is easy, altering top block is not from what i understand

2. jessetk313

jessetk313 Senior member

Recommend me a jean fellas. Im looking for a new pair of raw indigo. I like my APC NS fit in the top block, but from the knee down it is a little baggier than I would like (chicken Legs). What jean would you guys recommend?

3. dragonxking

dragonxking Senior member

will be picking up a pair of Somet 003s, and have 2 quick questions
    1. Soak? (hot/cold)
    2. Hem before/after soak?

4. connor

connor Senior member

Recommend me a jean fellas. Im looking for a new pair of raw indigo. I like my APC NS fit in the top block, but from the knee down it is a little baggier than I would like (chicken Legs). What jean would you guys recommend?

petit standards

5. PiperInAlberta

PiperInAlberta Senior member

just get a pair in another size. taper is easy, altering top block is not from what i understand

I can deal with the waist...it's not too bad. I was more looking to get rid of as much of the bootcut as I can. I'm just hesitant because I really like the jeans (selvage nudies at a pretty sweet price) and would rather a slightly loose bootcut pair then a pair that's been buttraped by a tailor.

6. connor

connor Senior member

find a good tailor, have him taper from the inseam, and youll be fine

7. PiperInAlberta

PiperInAlberta Senior member

find a good tailor, have him taper from the inseam, and youll be fine
    I'm trusting you on this [​IMG] But seriously, I'll give it a shot when I get home. I got one recommendation on here for a tailor in my neck of the woods (Edmonton), I'll give him a try.

8. Flight Bird

Flight Bird Senior member

I'm in the market for a new pair of jeans. Given the fact that I go to hyper-sensitive, very midtown parties with my friends, I can not wear my normal skinny jeans (Nudie black/black or Good Society blue faded), thus I'm in the market for a pair of going-out jeans. I've been looking through APC's lineup, as I've been wanting a pair for a while, and I was wondering: Which fit is going to be a a bit skinny, but not all the way, more of a slim fit? I'm quite skinny myself (waist 28). Thanks

9. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

Anyone here with Notify jeans? I've seen their wax coated denim before and it looks pretty sweet, though the overall package sort of says "French 7s." I'm looking at some on Yoox at great prices, but am curious how they fit/hold up.

10. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

I'm in the market for a new pair of jeans. Given the fact that I go to hyper-sensitive, very midtown parties with my friends, I can not wear my normal skinny jeans (Nudie black/black or Good Society blue faded), thus I'm in the market for a pair of going-out jeans. I've been looking through APC's lineup, as I've been wanting a pair for a while, and I was wondering: Which fit is going to be a a bit skinny, but not all the way, more of a slim fit? I'm quite skinny myself (waist 28). Thanks
    Get a pair of slow fading jeans like Ironhearts

11. theom-

theom- Senior member

12. theom-

theom- Senior member

will be picking up a pair of Somet 003s, and have 2 quick questions
    1. Soak? (hot/cold)
    2. Hem before/after soak?

1. Hot, which ever really, doesn't matter too much.
    2. I like to hem before because the inseam ends up stretching out a bit, but this doesn't matter too much either, Somet's aren't going to shrink much at all.

13. theom-

theom- Senior member

Roping on hems is due to the cotton thread shrinkage, not the denim shrinkage- correct?

Comes from the way hems are rolled. If you look at hems that have a lot of roping, the seam is usually at an angle. It also does come from the shrinking denim and your leg twisting the denim when moving.
    [​IMG]

14. theom-

theom- Senior member

Skull 5010s have the similar boxy hip region with a slim top block, but a more severe taper from knee down. Make sure you size em right though.

15. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

You should probably head down to the APC store and try some on. If you're really that skinny, you may want the New Standard, but might also be happy with the Petit Standard (a bit lower/slimmer). I happen to think this is the best going-out jean they do, and I think the material probably will stay in "dressier" shape longer because they aren't all cotton: http://uscheckout.apc.fr/browse.cfm/...tpiece=4%2C326 If they have a small enough size, you might also consider the Rag & Bone RB23, a personal favorite of mine. Last time I was in the RB store in NYC they had them in a few different denims, some of which looked pretty dressy. This is a pretty skinny jean on me, but from your description, it would be a slim jean on you.