Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. connor

connor Senior member

Hey mylngard and anyone else: on selvedge jeans you cuff, have you ever had the inseam chain/lockstitch break and unravel a little bit around where the crease of your cuff is? I did a diy repair but wonder what approaches others have taken.. it's a little disheartening but I hope it's not a critical thing..

yeah man got that on my CvsFs. on the inseam you mean? its no biggie

2. m..

m.. Member

How many days should I wear a pair of raw denim jeans before getting getting them hemmed?

3. dandytony

dandytony Member

Hello all,

I am 5'9, 165 lbs, true waist size 31. I wear a size 29 in KMW 1950, size 31 in FH F380.
    I wonder if any SF members can recommend me appropriate size for Studio D'Artisan jeans, what model. Ideally, I would like a SDA jeans and/or Sugar Cane with slim straight silhouette. I tried contacting BiG but could not get through to owner, sales associate was no help at all. Thanks very much.

4. WorkingClassDude

WorkingClassDude Senior member

I'm normally a regular fit jean guy (i.e. think Levi's 505 or even 550 (I even still have some 545's)) or if anything else, a normal-rise guy. Gotta fit at the waist. I have a little gut going (I'm not huge, but I'm not thin) and I think lo-rise look terrible on me, though I can pull it off if I need to. It's more of a comfort thing. I can hike them up a little bit, but then goodbye crotch room... and also I don't like the front pockets on lo-rise, they feel... unsubstantial if you get what I mean.

Recently I grabbed a pair of Lee's that are relaxed boot cut because I thought the back pockets were rad. They have a slanted flap pocket with one button toward the outer edge. But again, the relaxed boot cut isn't really my thing so I don't wear them as often as I wanted. In-store searching, I saw a couple similar pockets but they seemed to all be skinny/painter/lo-rise/alt fits... Is there a brand of jeans that sell a regular-rise jean with a similar rear pocket? Or any kind of selection of rear pockets? I'm not an expensive jeans guy if you can tell, ideal range would be around $50 but I could see myself going higher; but I probably would have to stop myself at $100.

Long story short: Are there any brands of jeans that sell 'regular' fits with flapped rear pockets, that aren't over $100?

5. connor

connor Senior member

How many days should I wear a pair of raw denim jeans before getting getting them hemmed?

the biggest thing here is to make sure all the shrinkage is out of the way. what jeans?

Hello all,

I am 5'9, 165 lbs, true waist size 31. I wear a size 29 in KMW 1950, size 31 in FH F380.
    I wonder if any SF members can recommend me appropriate size for Studio D'Artisan jeans, what model. Ideally, I would like a SDA jeans and/or Sugar Cane with slim straight silhouette. I tried contacting BiG but could not get through to owner, sales associate was no help at all. Thanks very much.

SC2009? call self edge

6. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Long story short: Are there any brands of jeans that sell 'regular' fits with flapped rear pockets, that aren't over $100?

Yes. Would anybody on this forum know, probably not.

7. chuckseabreeze

chuckseabreeze Senior member

I love my APC rescues, probably will pick up a pair of new standards sometime soon, but I don't wear them that much because I actually like the dark raw denim look (unwashed).

What options do you have for a jean that is similar to APC rescue/new standard but will not fade with wash (treated i guess)?

Thanks

8. m..

m.. Member

the biggest thing here is to make sure all the shrinkage is out of the way. what jeans?
    Acne Max A.

9. connor

connor Senior member

you can probably go to the mall and come out with a similar fitting pair of jeans in a real dark rinse. super popular these days

10. WorkingClassDude

Yes. Would anybody on this forum know, probably not.

What am I doing wrong? Wearing regular fit, or not spending entirely too much on one pair of jeans?

11. connor

connor Senior member

12. WorkingClassDude

flap pockets.

Bust for me =(

They sell 'em, so, someone's buying them.

13. connor

connor Senior member

yeah but not us... thats what were saying is we don't know. look at like true religion diesel 7famk and shit

14. WorkingClassDude

No offense to unflapped obviously, they are the mainstay. Just looking for something different for one pair.

15. vancity316

vancity316 New Member

Hi are these jeans too tight?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]