I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. todot62

todot62 Active Member

I kind of looked and didn't see this question. Do any of you worry about getting indigo on the leather interior of your car when breaking in a new pair of raw jeans? I've seen how it rubs off on wallets and belts, so my assumption is that it could do the same on leather interior if one is doing a lot of driving.

Thanks,
    Tod

2. dissapointedengineer

dissapointedengineer Active Member

hey. newb here. first (and maybe last) post.
    1)started off with levis 501 stf as a refrence point. 32x32 seemed alright.
    2) next came APC Rescues (based on research). 29". waist now okay. legs painted on at first. ass is terrible. back pockets extend too low for my height.
    3)emailed kiya. went with IH 634s. like em but don't love em.
    stats: 5'-7"/32"waist/25" quads (yeah really - i squat..eh.. heavy)

anyway, can anyone recommend something that might work a little better?

was thinking warehouse 660 (i like the smaller leg opening) or eternal 811. any advice? thanks. attached some fit pics of the rescues, ih's, and 501's in that order.

(can't help but think just throw in the towel and stick w/ the $35 sears levis..)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. connor

connor Senior member

it definitely could. if you've got a light interior your jeans may easily transfer indigo... what jeans are you wearing? some don't transfer much and some do. i've never had any really rub off that i've noticed, but after wearing his Skulls to a club one of my friends turned his girlfriends white pants blue

4. connor

connor Senior member

hey. newb here. first (and maybe last) post.
    1)started off with levis 501 stf as a ference point. 32x32 seemed alright.
    2) next came APC Rescues (based on research). 29". waist now okay. legs painted on at first. ass is terrible. back pockets extend too low for my height.
    3)emailed kiya. went with IH 634s. like em but don't love em.
    stats: 5'-7"/32"waist/25" quads (yeah really - i squat..eh.. heavy)

anyway, can anyone recommend something that might work a little better?

was thinking warehouse 660 (i like the smaller leg opening) or eternal 811. any advice? thanks. attached some fit pics of the rescues, ih's, and 501's in that order.

(can't help but think just throw in the towel and stick w/ the $35 sears levis..)

what dont you like about the 634s? your pics didn't attatch btw

nvm theyre there now. i think if you gave time for the seat on the 634s to settle youd really like them... it looks like a good fit to me. if you like the 501 cut why don't you try some LVC? www.shopfarinellis.com has every cut of the 501 right now

5. todot62

todot62 Active Member

I haven't bought any yet, but I was looking at getting a pair of EP's deadstock jeans as my first of raw denim.

it definitely could. if you've got a light interior your jeans may easily transfer indigo... what jeans are you wearing? some don't transfer much and some do. i've never had any really rub off that i've noticed, but after wearing his Skulls to a club one of my friends turned his girlfriends white pants blue

6. connor

connor Senior member

right on. typically the most dye transfer will be found with the japanese brands that are doing real dark denim that has been intensely dyed... i think you'd be pretty safe with those jeans but this isn't first hand experience. ask Mike about it in the EP's Denim thread and he'll tell you what he thinks, super helpful guy

7. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I haven't bought any yet, but I was looking at getting a pair of EP's deadstock jeans as my first of raw denim.
    In my experience, Cone doesn't bleed that much compared to a few notorious Japanese brands.

8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

If I'm a size 31 in APC new standard what size should I be looking at for RRL denim? There seems to be a shit ton of models but I'm mostly looking for the ones that pop up on Buy/Sell for under $100

9. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

This needed reposting

10. connor

connor Senior member

it's become a little saying of us... turnin' em blue

11. Christobevii3

Christobevii3 Senior member

If I'm a size 31 in APC new standard what size should I be looking at for RRL denim? There seems to be a shit ton of models but I'm mostly looking for the ones that pop up on Buy/Sell for under $100

I'm not sure, but the RRLs fit a little bigger. I have a pair marked 33x34 and they fit me fine, the 31 apc rescues were so tight my quads would go numb and though could button them.

12. Asch

Asch Senior member

The 634s fit you well.

13. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

While trying to pack stuff, I found one of my older pairs of jeans. The denim is extremely soft, no stiffness at all. Wondering how the fit of it looks since it might mean I don't need to bother looking for any black denim.

[​IMG]

And I tried a boot tuck with it to see if it'd work:
    [​IMG]

Thoughts?

14. Julian84

Julian84 Well-Known Member

The fit looks spot on to me. I wouldn't bother buying another pair.

15. avery

avery Senior member

100% best jean fit i've seen from you to date. who makes them?