I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

I sized UP, as when I tried them on I thought they fit good with the stretching, but I'm afraid as I'm wearing them they will STRETCH too much so they will not fit as good. This is true right? The issue is...If I size down then I can hardly button them up and such....I purchased a 33, but I'm usually a 31..... in waist, cause I wanted the fit I was looking for.... Please help!
    It depends on what kind of fit you want. Just wear them and see, since jeans won't reveal their true fit until they break in, and I doubt you could return them as new now. Besides, it's a learning curve for everyone. If you haven't soaked or washed them, keep in mind that washing and machine drying may still shrink them more, so you have that as a backup. And if they stretch out too much, you'll know better next time.

2. Murdoc

Murdoc Senior member

Hey,

I'm looking for a certain style/fit/whatever pair of jeans as they seem to be hard to come by. Maybe it's just a terminology issue which is making them hard to find, but basically theya re trouser jeans. like jeans, but cut like trousers, specifically the pockets area much different from regular jeans.

Just hoping that someone can recommend good quality jeans in this style?

Thanks.

3. tooshay

tooshay Senior member

Hey,

I'm looking for a certain style/fit/whatever pair of jeans as they seem to be hard to come by. Maybe it's just a terminology issue which is making them hard to find, but basically theya re trouser jeans. like jeans, but cut like trousers, specifically the pockets area much different from regular jeans.

Just hoping that someone can recommend good quality jeans in this style?

Thanks.

Albam make an interesting take on that:

http://www.albamclothing.com/product.aspx?productid=175

4. cheekymonkeyyou

cheekymonkeyyou New Member

Hi all...

I recently bought some of these jeans..http://www...........com/products.as...VendorCode=ART

I really want them to sit around the shoe like they do in the photograph in the link above. However, they are too long and seem too wide at the bottom to sit like that. In order for them to sit like that...do I have to get them shortened or is there some way to get the bottoms tightened so that they sit around the shoe with a better fit?

I know this sounds like a really stupid question...but its worth a go.....

5. connor

connor Senior member

your link is broken, cant see

but i assume youre talking about stacking... you can have your jeans tapered

6. cheekymonkeyyou

cheekymonkeyyou New Member

[​IMG] Sorry about the link...yeh, this is the jeans...I want them to sit like this..but at the moment they are basically dragging underneath the heal because they are too long and also the actual bottoms are too wide. Just want to get to fit more snug basically...if you have any ideas? What is tapering and who would I get to do this?

7. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

8. BlueWord

BlueWord Well-Known Member

9. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

trollin like it's 08

10. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

could've have pmed, but some peeps mite wanna know:

the Momo 701s you had, were they the 39 inseam raw? can you confirm?

i'm asking cuz i want to make sure which lot they are from. i got an offer for an earlier production [ 36 inseam when raw ]__ tagged W36 and current waist= 34" after allegedly 2 washes. AFAIK, BiG's newer lot are more accurate/closer measurements to the size chart than the older one. iirc, i fitted in the older lot and had to size up 2.

11. Kent Money

Kent Money Senior member

So can I get some suggestions/help on a jean I'm lookin for.

I really like the cut of the Nudie Big Bengt, baggy thighs and upper calf with a healthy taper at the hem. I really want something baggier to wear with bulkier boots but I don't want the hem of the jeans swallowing up my sexy boots, I want something that'll hug around the shaft of the boot.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a jean shape like this besides the Big Bengt? I guess you would call it a carrot shape but the pants I've seen called 'carrot' look bleh.

thanks in advance.

12. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

^Fullcount 0105.

13. Whiskey

Whiskey Senior member

I've had my APC NS for a little over a month now and I found the seem where the front rise and back rise meet loosening. Do you guys think this is normal or should I take some preventative measures and get it reinforced?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

could've have pmed, but some peeps mite wanna know: the Momo 701s you had, were they the 39 inseam raw? can you confirm? i'm asking cuz i want to make sure which lot they are from. i got an offer for an earlier production [ 36 inseam when raw ]__ tagged W36 and current waist= 34" after allegedly 2 washes. AFAIK, BiG's newer lot are more accurate/closer measurements to the size chart than the older one. iirc, i fitted in the older lot and had to size up 2.
    My old and new ones are/were 39 inseam. I think the newest lot may possibly be slightly roomier (just got my new ones from this batch: I sized up to 32 from my last 31w (tight) pair), and was surprised at how much looser they were than I expected. But sizing up even one can do that...The newest batch seem to have a roomier top block than last... In my experience, BiG is an inch too high for waist size on their chart compared to actual, but other dims match. A 30 is 30" dry, and then shrinks an inch. One inch with a hot soak. Two inches in inseam. Am I missing your question, IIIrd?
    I've had my APC NS for a little over a month now and I found the seem where the front rise and back rise meet loosening. Do you guys think this is normal or should I take some preventative measures and get it reinforced?
    I've had that before on some of mine, and it's not a major issue - sometimes. That may be as far as it goes, which is common, or the whole seam intersection may eventually unravel and open up. It;s not a biggie though. A simple back-and-forth pass with some stitching by your tailor will solve it, as it did on my Crates. Based on your pictures, that looks like it'll hold just fine, since some of mine have shown that.

15. wolfattack

wolfattack Member

Hey Guys,

I'm a new poster here and was wondering if anyone could help me ID these jeans I just picked up. I'm not a totally selvage newb (I own a few pairs) so I knew these weren't selvage when I picked them up, but they seemed like nice, heavy, and stiff denim and they fit pretty well, so i bought them anyway. I bought them used at a buffalo exchange, but they seem to be pretty much unworn, besides the fact that someone either cut out the tags, or they just dont have tags.

Anyway, if anyone could help me identify what they are, I would really appreciate it!

-josh
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]