1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Johnny Amiga

Johnny Amiga Senior member

Already posted this in the quick questions thread, but I guess this thread suits this question better. So, anyone here know how Uniqlo selvage jeans fit? True to size or vanity sized like APC and the like? Do I need to size down or not?

And in general are they a good purchase at about 70 dollars?

2. dyer maker

dyer maker New Member

Well search isn't much help since is doesn't take numbers into account searching for 559's but..

Im really picky when shopping for jeans. Im a slim dude with even slimmer legs. Dont like the tight jeans look or showing off my unwanted genetics [​IMG] Anyways levis 559 relaxed staight are so far the only jeans i have ever found i kind of like. Any other recommendations of simular fits where its loose at the thighs, straight leg but in no way tight or baggy.

Seems like alot of ppl dig apc so i was looking into those but no clue if it fits my discription i listed. Im also scared to spend 150 on jeans i cant try on first [​IMG]

thanks!

3. Serg

Serg Senior member

KMW 1980's are mid-low rise. Overall the jean cut looks good on everyone.

4. Serg

Serg Senior member

Well search isn't much help since is doesn't take numbers into account searching for 559's but..

Im really picky when shopping for jeans. Im a slim dude with even slimmer legs. Dont like the tight jeans look or showing off my unwanted genetics [​IMG] Anyways levis 559 relaxed staight are so far the only jeans i have ever found i kind of like. Any other recommendations of simular fits where its loose at the thighs, straight leg but in no way tight or baggy.

Seems like alot of ppl dig apc so i was looking into those but no clue if it fits my discription i listed. Im also scared to spend 150 on jeans i cant try on first [​IMG]

thanks!

Go measure your waste 2 inchs bellow belly button and -3 inchs for that = your apc size. It will fit great after breaking in.

5. calbee

calbee Well-Known Member

If you like the Levi's 559 cut I'd suggest going with a 1937 re-issue LEVI'S LVC jean...

6. whodini

whodini Senior member

Already posted this in the quick questions thread, but I guess this thread suits this question better. So, anyone here know how Uniqlo selvage jeans fit? True to size or vanity sized like APC and the like? Do I need to size down or not?

And in general are they a good purchase at about 70 dollars?

Don't think they're vanity sized. You can run a search on ebay for them as many people are selling them and I've seen a few measurements posted. Several people on here own them and are quite happy with their pairs.

7. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I tried them on true to size in Japan, and they fit good in the waist. The ones I tried were fairly slim in the thighs, and they were pink, haha.

8. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

anybody know anything about nudie's iron denim (i'm not sure if its a wash or fabric, or a particular fabric/wash). it seems to be some sort of wash with very light distressing on the thighs - hard to notice, but its there.

i just picked up a pair of even steven's in "iron denim" through and wanted to know about other's experiences. every damn search i keep putting in keeps bringing up iron hearts and iron army.....

9. dyer maker

dyer maker New Member

KMW 1980's are mid-low rise. Overall the jean cut looks good on everyone.

If you like the Levi's 559 cut I'd suggest going with a 1937 re-issue LEVI'S LVC jean...

awesome, it gives me a start. Ill try the levis out, and possibly the KMW if i decide to comit to a nice pair of jeans

10. adelphi

adelphi Senior member

Looking for jeans a little slimmer than APC NS. <USD300, please?

11. caff

caff Well-Known Member

Looking for jeans a little slimmer than APC NS. <USD300, please?

Did you try the APC New Cure?

12. Teger

Teger Senior member

Some RRL slim questions:

How much will the raw Japanese selvage stretch?
    How low is the rise?

13. whodini

whodini Senior member

Some RRL slim questions: How much will the raw Japanese selvage stretch? How low is the rise?
    It'd help if you told us what model specifically you're talking about and which generation. If you don't know the generation, where are you getting them from? Depending on the model, rise can be anywhere from 9.5"-10.5". They tend to stretch out 1-2" max. After several washes, one of my pairs is closer to how it was originally.

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

It'd help if you told us what model specifically you're talking about and which generation. If you don't know the generation, where are you getting them from?

Depending on the model, rise can be anywhere from 9.5"-10.5". They tend to stretch out 1-2" max. After several washes, one of my pairs is closer to how it was originally.

It's a pair on ebay. I think they're a much older generation, because the tag sized is nowhere near the actual waist size. The back pockets are plain, and there is an "RRL" stitching on the coin pocket. They're labeled as a 'slim fit'. The real concern I have is that the button fly only seems to have 3 buttons - and the front rise is listed as 8.5".

15. whodini

whodini Senior member

Sounds like the slim boot. Depending on what size you're getting, yeah, the rise can be that low.

16. Teger

Teger Senior member

Hmm.. yea not worth it. Just will get some KMW 1980s instead.

17. Teger

Teger Senior member

Hm, considering Context is having a big sale, how do Imperial Dukes stack up to KMW 1980s?

18. Dekayte

Dekayte Senior member

Dukes have a 37.5&quot; inseam if that matters to you. The KMW 1980s come in 32&quot; and 34&quot; inseam.

I've only had first hand experience wearing the 1980s and I can say that it is a great cut. The Dukes get a lot more stacking though if that's your thing.

19. IGF-1

IGF-1 Senior member

on that note, imperial kings, for a slim but not ball-crushing fit...

tagged size is vanity sized +1, so size down 1?

20. Teger

Teger Senior member

I like stacking, but I'd probably get the Dukes hemmed. I already have a pair of very fitted Nudies and am looking for something that is more of a slim-straight cut.