I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. onehotstackofpancake

onehotstackofpancake New Member

Question: Is buying pre-faded jeans for posers? Isn't it just more legit if you buy unfaded jeans and fade them yourself with time?

2. bma

bma Senior member

^yes
    do they pretty much fade the quickest out of all the denim out there? how about naked and famous compared to them? nudies?

anyone?

3. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Alright help me decide on a pair of jean on the lower end of $100 or below $100

Currently thinking about

Unbranded Brand
    Gap
    Naked & Famous Weird Guy

I don't want APC because it's so generic.

4. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

^ APC ns for the best fit.

5. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Currently thinking about

Unbranded Brand
    Gap
    Naked & Famous Weird Guy

uniqlo fits amazingly well just the denim isn't too special

6. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Average or not, we're still pretty short dude [​IMG]

I refuse to come to terms with it...

Why are these KMW so cheap?
    http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...e+Workshop&d=b

They have a size 32 which is usually my size. If I wear a size 30 in APC New Standards will the 32 be fine or will it be a roomier fit?

Look legit and the raw version to me. Get them and see. KMW have seemed to be moving slowly lately.

Question: Is buying pre-faded jeans for posers? Isn't it just more legit if you buy unfaded jeans and fade them yourself with time?

Yes and yes. 'Posers' may be a bit extreme, but there's honor in doing it yourself.

Currently thinking about

Unbranded Brand
    Gap
    Naked & Famous Weird Guy

If I had to, Gap. 'Generic' is maybe a bad term to use? Jeans that are a 'blank canvas' with subtle details are a nice thing, if the denim is good. APC have respectable denim and details for the price-point.

7. John_Edward

John_Edward Senior member

Are you serious?

Time to find another pair (to wear five days a week). I'm not chucking them out, just not going to wear them nearly as often as I was.

8. adversity04

adversity04 Senior member

Look legit and the raw version to me. Get them and see. KMW have seemed to be moving slowly lately.

IIRC KWM had production issues with their last fall line so that's why we didn't really see anything.

9. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Currently thinking about

Unbranded Brand
    Gap
    Naked & Famous Weird Guy

N&F is worth the extra $30 over all of those.

10. Max Biggavel

Max Biggavel Senior member

If I had to, Gap. 'Generic' is maybe a bad term to use? Jeans that are a 'blank canvas' with subtle details are a nice thing, if the denim is good. APC have respectable denim and details for the price-point.

i've worn apc, oni and samurai jeans in the past, and out of all three i feel like i should stick with apc forever (0)

11. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

I'm ruling out Uniqlo too because I already have a pair (i've been wearing the shit out of it and I love it) but it's starting to hurt my my balls a little so I need something else.

Other than the B&S would there be some sort of sale on N&F by any chance?

Also N&F VS APC... In terms of denim quality and fit who do you think wins?

12. theom-

theom- Senior member

IMO, APC has better fits and better quality hardware. They have comparable denim but I prefer how APC fades. And depending on how big you are, Farinellis has got some Weird guys on sale in size 33 or something.

13. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

i've worn apc, oni and samurai jeans in the past, and out of all three i feel like i should stick with apc forever (0)
    Why is that? Maybe I should just stick with the APC's?

I just got my APC new standards, my first raw denim, and I really like them, especially the fit. I like the fact that they are generic and simple.

The only things I am not thrilled about are the small front pockets and I would not mind is the rise was just a little higher, (Let's just say I'm not as young as most wearers of this jean).

Can anyone recommend a raw denim that is plain looking (liitle to no stiching on the back pockets) with a similar fit but has a higher rise and larger front pockets? If you recommendation costs more and is higher quality, I could go for it. Thanks in advance for your response.

14. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I'm ruling out Uniqlo too because I already have a pair (i've been wearing the shit out of it and I love it) but it's starting to hurt my my balls a little so I need something else.

Other than the B&S would there be some sort of sale on N&F by any chance?

Also N&F VS APC... In terms of denim quality and fit who do you think wins?

N&F uses better denim than APC. The problem is that their construction and hardware is fairly bottom of the barrel. Fit is relative.

Aside from B&S, I don't know where you're going to get APC in the low $100. If you're thinking of going retail on them, consider other jeans at the $150 mark: EP, Rogue Territory, Gilded Age, etc. Save that, look for deals on $200+ denim.

15. theom-

theom- Senior member

N&F uses better denim than APC. The problem is that their construction and hardware is fairly bottom of the barrel. Fit is relative.

Aside from B&S, I don't know where you're going to get APC in the low $100. If you're thinking of going retail on them, consider other jeans at the $150 mark: EP, Rogue Territory, Gilded Age, etc. Save that, look for deals on $200+ denim.

+1 buying APC at retail is a bad idea. There are plenty of other options at the price range with much better quality and denim. You might want to try LVC too. most of the cuts run for less than 200.